|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Paul not accept?
(a) The lack of response.
(b) Mr. Katz will not speak with him.
(c) There are no rooms available.
(d) Mrs. Oxenham is too busy.
2. In what does the Girl try to engage Paul?
(a) A game of checkers.
(b) A conversation about his grandfather and his hometown.
(c) A movie.
(d) A conversation about his job.
3. What is this play about?
(a) A train stop in Baltimore.
(b) A group of school children.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) The lives of a motley group of characters.
4. What is Bill trying to maintain among all these distractions?
(a) The switchboard activity.
(b) His composure.
(c) A clean hotel.
(d) Peace and quiet.
5. What does the Girl yell through the door to Mr. Morse?
(a) Jamie misses you.
(b) Jamie is sorry.
(c) Jamie has a black eye.
(d) Jamie still wants to play checkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Girl tell Jackie that she knows the particular area where Jackie has purchased land, and that it is a barren desert?
2. Where does Mr. Morse confusedly retreat?
3. Why do Paul's parents not let his grandfather live with them?
4. What does Mrs. Oxenham yell at Paul?
5. What has the hotel seen?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)