|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beatty drive in Chapter 30 when she picks Henry up?
2. What type of computer bulletin board does Mary run at college?
3. Including Chaz, how many boys are bothering Henry at the end of Chapter 32?
4. What is Samantha doing after the dishes are washed in Chapter 34?
5. What year is it in Chapter 45?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Keiko's father volunteer to go ahead to Camp Minidoka in Idaho?
2. How does Chaz look when Henry saw him in Chapter 45?
3. What does Henry buy for Keiko in Chapter 35?
4. Why is Dr. Luke at Henry's home when he returns in Chapter 38?
5. What does Henry expect to find in the kitchen in Chapter 34, and what does he find?
6. Where do Henry and Sheldon go in Chapter 39 and why?
7. How does Marty know that the sketchbooks they find in Chapter 28 belong to Henry's friend?
8. How does Mrs. Beatty help Henry smuggle in the gifts for Keiko?
9. How are leftovers dealt with in the lunchroom where Keiko and Henry work at their school?
10. What does Henry's father give him in Chapter 30, and what does Henry do with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry and Keiko are the only Asian students at Rainier school. Why are they the only Asian students and how does that affect their experiences at school? Why do they put up with the difficulties in order to attend the school?
Essay Topic 2
Henry is looking for hope at the Panama Hotel. In what ways does Henry experience hopelessness throughout his life? What are some things that give him hope and how do those help him recover from his wife's death?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Beatty supervises the lunchroom at Henry's elementary school. What type of woman does Mrs. Beatty seems to be? How do her actions reveal who she really is and what she thinks of Henry and Keiko?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)