|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 44, how long has it been since Henry has had a letter from Keiko?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What type of tea does Henry's father prefer?
(a) Cloud tea.
(b) Kombucha tea.
(c) Green tea.
(d) Black oolong.
3. What are Henry's neighbors watching on TV at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) A sit com.
(b) Hispanic variety show.
(c) Old movie.
(d) Hispanic movie.
4. in Chapter 26, where is the temporary relocation center where the Japanese are being taken?
(a) Camp Harmony.
(b) Camp Puyallup.
5. What are women from a Baptist church trying to get into Camp Harmony?
(b) Japanese Bible.
(c) Japanese school books.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25 how many bathhouses are in the Panama Hotel?
2. How many stories tall is the department store where Keiko takes Henry after school in Chapter 24?
3. What color is worn to Chinese funerals in Chapter 43?
4. What is pressed inside a sketchbook that Henry takes from Marty in Chapter 28?
5. In Chapter 24, what magazine does Mrs. Beatty often have after lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry agree to go to China in Chapter 45?
2. How does Mrs. Beatty help Henry smuggle in the gifts for Keiko?
3. What does Samantha plan to have for dinner at the end of Chapter 29?
4. How are restrictions lifted in the camp for the Japanese in Chapter 44?
5. What does Henry's father tell Henry when he is dying?
6. What tradition does Henry cherish at the beginning of Chapter 23?
7. Why is Dr. Luke at Henry's home when he returns in Chapter 38?
8. How does Chaz look when Henry saw him in Chapter 45?
9. What is waiting for Henry when he returns from Idaho in Chapter 43?
10. How many times has Henry heard Oscar Holden play?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)