|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Samantha doing after the dishes are washed in Chapter 34?
(b) Playing chess.
2. How old was Henry's father when he came to America and took a job as a laborer?
3. Who built the Panama Hotel?
(a) Kingo Tatsuno.
(b) Sabro Ozasa.
(c) Tatsuzo Sone.
(d) Tokuma Katayama.
4. What type of cigarettes did Henry's father smoke?
(d) Lucky Strikes.
5. What type of shot does everyone have to have in order to enter Camp Harmony?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25 how many bathhouses are in the Panama Hotel?
2. How old is Sheldon in Chapter 40?
3. Including Chaz, how many boys are bothering Henry at the end of Chapter 32?
4. Back in China, at what age might someone get married?
5. What type of chair does Samantha sit in at the Japanese teahouse in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is waiting for Henry when he returns from Idaho in Chapter 43?
2. Why is Dr. Luke at Henry's home when he returns in Chapter 38?
3. What does Henry expect to find in the kitchen in Chapter 34, and what does he find?
4. Why doesn't Henry spend the money he makes helping Mrs. Beatty at Camp Harmony?
5. Why does Sheldon take Henry into the Japanese section after the families are deported?
6. How many times has Henry heard Oscar Holden play?
7. How does Marty know that the sketchbooks they find in Chapter 28 belong to Henry's friend?
8. What does Henry's father give him in Chapter 30, and what does Henry do with it?
9. What do Henry's parents say when he brings them Public Proclamation 1?
10. Where do Henry and Sheldon go in Chapter 39 and why?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)