|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of shot does everyone have to have in order to enter Camp Harmony?
2. What day of the week does Henry go back to school in Chapter 30?
3. What is the name of the nursing home where Henry visits Sheldon?
(a) Cedars Healthcare Center.
(b) Hearthstone Inn.
(c) The Club at Balfour.
(d) Applewood Living Center.
4. What is Samantha doing after the dishes are washed in Chapter 34?
(c) Playing chess.
5. What is Samantha going to make for dinner at the end of Chapter 30?
(a) Szechwan duck.
(b) Shrimp fried rice.
(c) Black-bean crab.
(d) Pork dumplings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beatty drive in Chapter 30 when she picks Henry up?
2. When Henry visits the camp in Idaho, about how many Japanese are interred there?
3. What are Henry's neighbors watching on TV at the beginning of Chapter 34?
4. What type of meat are the wind-dried sausages made from that Henry's mother leaves for him in Chapter 43?
5. How old is Sheldon in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Luke at Henry's home when he returns in Chapter 38?
2. Why doesn't Henry spend the money he makes helping Mrs. Beatty at Camp Harmony?
3. How does Marty know that the sketchbooks they find in Chapter 28 belong to Henry's friend?
4. How are leftovers dealt with in the lunchroom where Keiko and Henry work at their school?
5. What does Henry's father tell Henry when he is dying?
6. How are restrictions lifted in the camp for the Japanese in Chapter 44?
7. What does Henry expect to find in the kitchen in Chapter 34, and what does he find?
8. How does Chaz look when Henry saw him in Chapter 45?
9. In present time, how does Henry spend time with Sheldon during his Sunday afternoon visits?
10. What is the dessert that Samantha makes for Henry in Chapter 33, and why is it so special?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)