|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of chair does Samantha sit in at the Japanese teahouse in Chapter 23?
(a) Small bench.
(b) White wicker.
(c) Wooden straight back chair.
(d) Black wicker.
2. What type of meat are the wind-dried sausages made from that Henry's mother leaves for him in Chapter 43?
3. What is Keiko wearing when Henry first sees her at Camp Harmony?
(a) Green dress.
(b) Blue dress.
(c) Yellow dress.
(d) Red dress.
4. What does Henry pretend at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(a) To be sick.
(b) To have a headache.
(c) To be happy.
(d) To be excited.
5. What does the window overlook in Henry's bedroom when he is a young boy?
(a) Canton Alley.
(b) Parking lot.
(c) Beijing Alley.
(d) Sea Grass Restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Okabe's occupation?
2. What type of computer bulletin board does Mary run at college?
3. How does Henry meet Ethel?
4. Where does Henry leave a note for his mother explaining his plans to go to Idaho?
5. What do Henry and Keiko serve for lunch at the beginning of Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Samantha plan to have for dinner at the end of Chapter 29?
2. What does Henry's father tell Henry when he is dying?
3. Why does Sheldon take Henry into the Japanese section after the families are deported?
4. Where do Henry and Sheldon go in Chapter 39 and why?
5. Why doesn't Henry spend the money he makes helping Mrs. Beatty at Camp Harmony?
6. When Henry takes Marty and Samantha to the basement of the Panama Hotel, how does Henry describe the place?
7. How does Chaz look when Henry saw him in Chapter 45?
8. How are leftovers dealt with in the lunchroom where Keiko and Henry work at their school?
9. What does Henry's father give him in Chapter 30, and what does Henry do with it?
10. What is the dessert that Samantha makes for Henry in Chapter 33, and why is it so special?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)