|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the basement of the Panama Hotel lit in Chapter 14?
(a) Utility bulbs.
(b) Kerosene lamps.
(c) A few light bulbs hanging from the ceiling.
(d) Portable flood lights.
2. What does Henry like to do on the corner of Jackson and Maynard in Chapter 7?
(a) Listen to Sheldon.
(b) Meet Keiko.
(c) Go to the library.
(d) Buy fruit.
3. What color eyes does Mary's fiance have?
4. When Henry is a boy, how full is the Panama Hotel?
(b) Almost always full.
(c) About one-quarter empty.
(d) Full with no vacancies.
5. In Chapter 6, what other duties do Henry and Keiko have at school to pay their fees?
(a) Clean chalkboards, empty wastebaskets, and pound erasers.
(b) Clean classrooms.
(c) Wash and dry dishes.
(d) Clean the cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress does Keiko wear when she meets Henry at the Black Elks Club in Chapter 12?
2. What is the name on the inside of the small suitcase Henry opens that has shaving supplies?
3. What is the date on the last copy of "The North American Times" that Henry finds in the basement of the hotel?
4. In Chapter 10, how long has it been since Henry visited Ethel's grave?
5. In Chapter 16, what does the Ochi photographer tell Henry he had burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who else is buried in Lake View Cemetery, besides Henry's wife?
2. What does Henry take to Ethel's gravesite in Chapter 10?
3. What does Henry see when he goes into the basement of the Panama Hotel?
4. How does Henry get permission to look through the belongings in the basement of the Panama Hotel?
5. Why does Marty come to see Henry in Chapter 18?
6. What is Henry's son's, Marty, major in college, and how is he doing at college?
7. How does Henry remember the way that Ethel dealt with hair loss from her cancer treatments?
8. What does Henry find in a large leather suitcase with a clear Lucite handle?
9. What commotion does Henry see at the beginning of Chapter 1?
10. How wis Keiko's mother interested in art?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)