|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pieces are in the orchestra when Henry and Keiko hear Oscar Holden play in Chapter 12?
2. In Chapter 19, what day of the week does Henry want Marty and Samantha to meet him at the Panama Hotel?
3. What type of flowers does Henry put on Ethel's grave in Chapter 10?
(b) White daisies.
(d) Starfire lilies.
4. What color upholstered chairs does Henry see workers throwing out the window of the Nippon Kan in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 20, how much earlier does Henry arrive home than he usually does from school?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Henry have?
2. What is the number of the Executive Order Roosevelt signed to create the War Relocation Authority?
3. Where does Henry go to college for a time?
4. In Chapter 16, what does the Ochi photographer tell Henry he had burned?
5. In Chapter 7, how much bigger is Japantown than Chinatown?
Short Essay Questions
1. How wis Keiko's mother interested in art?
2. What is Henry's son's, Marty, major in college, and how is he doing at college?
3. Why does Henry feel a quiet relief that his wife is gone?
4. What is the Sea Fortune Restaurant?
5. What are people burning in Chapter 16, and why are they burning these items?
6. What does Henry find in a large leather suitcase with a clear Lucite handle?
7. Why are Saturdays special to Henry in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Henry quit speaking to his parents when he was 12?
9. How does Henry remember the way that Ethel dealt with hair loss from her cancer treatments?
10. What does Henry see when he goes into the basement of the Panama Hotel?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)