|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the new owner of the Panama Hotel have an office in Chapter 13?
(a) In one of the hotel rooms.
(b) In a corner off the old kitchen.
(c) An old coatroom.
(d) Under the stairs.
2. In Chapter 13, how long has it been since the new owner bought the Panama Hotel?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four years.
3. How long does it take Henry to serve lunch and clean up every day at school?
(a) About an hour and a half.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 50 mintues.
(d) An hour.
4. What city has the ume tree as its symbol?
5. How many pieces are in the orchestra when Henry and Keiko hear Oscar Holden play in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Oscar Holden play?
2. When Ethel died, how often did Henry think that he would visit her grave?
3. What does Henry like to do on the corner of Jackson and Maynard in Chapter 7?
4. How many years has Henry fed, bath, and help his wife?
5. In Chapter 19, what day of the week does Henry want Marty and Samantha to meet him at the Panama Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry quit speaking to his parents when he was 12?
2. Why does Henry go to Bud's Jazz Records?
3. What does Henry find in a large leather suitcase with a clear Lucite handle?
4. Who are Chaz Preston and Denny Brown?
5. Why does Henry feel a quiet relief that his wife is gone?
6. What does Keiko wear when she met Henry outside the Black Elks Club?
7. What does Henry see when he goes into the basement of the Panama Hotel?
8. How wis Keiko's mother interested in art?
9. What does Henry decide when he wonders if Ethel would approve of his digging into the past?
10. How does Henry get permission to look through the belongings in the basement of the Panama Hotel?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)