|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who washes the dishes in Chapter 34?
(a) Samantha and Marty.
2. What are Henry's neighbors watching on TV at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) Old movie.
(b) A sit com.
(c) Hispanic movie.
(d) Hispanic variety show.
3. Who runs the bakery in Henry's neighborhood in Chapter 34?
4. How much taller is Henry than Chaz in Chapter 45?
(a) About three inches.
(b) An inch or two.
(c) About two or three inches.
(d) About an inch.
5. What does Henry use to cover Samantha in Chapter 34?
(a) Blue afghan.
(b) Yellow blanket.
(c) Green afghan.
(d) White blanket.
6. In Chapter 36, how many weeks of school does Henry have left?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
7. What does Henry eat for breakfast with the Ojabe family in Idaho?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Rice and eggs.
(c) Sticky rice.
8. What type of meat are the wind-dried sausages made from that Henry's mother leaves for him in Chapter 43?
9. What is Samantha going to make for dinner at the end of Chapter 30?
(a) Szechwan duck.
(b) Pork dumplings.
(c) Shrimp fried rice.
(d) Black-bean crab.
10. What do Henry and Keiko serve for lunch at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Fried fish.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Spam a la king.
11. What color is worn to Chinese funerals in Chapter 43?
12. in Chapter 26, where is the temporary relocation center where the Japanese are being taken?
(a) Camp Puyallup.
(d) Camp Harmony.
13. In Chapter 24, what date do Keiko and Henry see a thin line of soldiers near the ferry terminal?
(a) April 6.
(b) April 2.
(c) March 28.
(d) March 30.
14. Who does Henry see in Chapter 27 after saying goodbye to Keiko's family?
(b) His mother.
15. Where are Henry and Marty waiting at the beginning of Chapter 29?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Parking lot of the Panama hotel.
(c) Parking lot of the Uwagimaya grocery store.
(d) Backyard of Henry's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the window overlook in Henry's bedroom when he is a young boy?
2. In Chapter 24, what magazine does Mrs. Beatty often have after lunch?
3. How does Henry explain his black eye and bruised cheek in Chapter 30?
4. What day of the week does Henry usually visit Sheldon in the nursing home?
5. What culture usually serves the dessert that Samantha buys at the end of Chapter 30?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)