|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week does Henry usually visit Sheldon in the nursing home?
2. In Chapter 25, where does a Japanese submarine shell an oil refinery?
(b) New Jersey.
3. What does Marty comment on in a sketchbook he finds in Chapter 28?
(a) A sketch of the hotel.
(b) A sketch of Henry.
(c) A sketch of flowers in the marketplace.
(d) A sketch of cannery workers.
4. What is Sheldon playing when Henry finds him in Chapter 35?
(a) St. Louis Blues.
(b) I'm Nobody's Baby.
(c) Low Down Dirty Shame Blues.
(d) Writin' Paper Blues.
5. What type of chair does Samantha sit in at the Japanese teahouse in Chapter 23?
(a) Black wicker.
(b) Wooden straight back chair.
(c) White wicker.
(d) Small bench.
6. in Chapter 26, where is the temporary relocation center where the Japanese are being taken?
(b) Camp Puyallup.
(c) Camp Harmony.
7. What type of cigarettes did Henry's father smoke?
(c) Lucky Strikes.
8. When Henry visits the camp in Idaho, about how many Japanese are interred there?
9. What is the chandelier made from at the entrance of the nursing home where Sheldon lives?
(b) Wood beads.
(c) Milk glass.
(d) Deer antlers.
10. What type of tea does Henry's father prefer?
(a) Black oolong.
(b) Cloud tea.
(c) Green tea.
(d) Kombucha tea.
11. Where is Marty at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(b) Front porch.
(c) Back yard.
12. Before Pearl Harbor, how long had the war in China with the Japanese been going on?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 18 years.
13. In Chapter 24, what date do Keiko and Henry see a thin line of soldiers near the ferry terminal?
(a) March 30.
(b) April 6.
(c) April 2.
(d) March 28.
14. What do Henry and Keiko serve for lunch at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Spam a la king.
(b) Fried fish.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
15. How much taller is Henry than Chaz in Chapter 45?
(a) About three inches.
(b) An inch or two.
(c) About an inch.
(d) About two or three inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of lamp lights the Sheldon's room at the beginning of Chapter 40?
2. What does Henry eat for breakfast with the Ojabe family in Idaho?
3. What does Henry pretend at the beginning of Chapter 30?
4. What is Sheldon's room number at the nursing home?
5. What type of meat are the wind-dried sausages made from that Henry's mother leaves for him in Chapter 43?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)