|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 28, how long has Henry, Marty, and Samantha been searching the basement of the Panama Hotel?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
2. Back in China, at what age might someone get married?
(a) 13 or 14.
(b) 14 or 15.
(c) 15 or 16.
(d) 12 or 13.
3. Who built the Panama Hotel?
(a) Kingo Tatsuno.
(b) Tatsuzo Sone.
(c) Sabro Ozasa.
(d) Tokuma Katayama.
4. What type of meat are the wind-dried sausages made from that Henry's mother leaves for him in Chapter 43?
5. What time does Mrs. Beatty want Henry to meet her on Saturday in Chapter 30?
(a) 9:30 a.m.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) 8:30 a.m.
(d) Nine o'clock.
6. How much plum wine is left in Chapter 34?
(a) Three quarters of a bottle.
(b) Quarter of a bottle.
(d) Half a bottle.
7. What color paper does Henry use to wrap two boxes for Keiko in Chapter 36?
8. In Chapter 24, what magazine does Mrs. Beatty often have after lunch?
(a) "Saturday Evening Post."
9. What is Samantha doing after the dishes are washed in Chapter 34?
(b) Playing chess.
10. How much taller is Henry than Chaz in Chapter 45?
(a) About three inches.
(b) About an inch.
(c) About two or three inches.
(d) An inch or two.
11. In Chapter 35, what day of the week does Henry go to find Sheldon?
12. Why does Marty suggest that Henry look for Keiko?
(a) To satisfy Henry's curiosity.
(b) To give her the record back.
(c) To see how she is doing.
(d) To at least give her her sketchbooks back.
13. What does the window overlook in Henry's bedroom when he is a young boy?
(a) Beijing Alley.
(b) Canton Alley.
(c) Parking lot.
(d) Sea Grass Restaurant.
14. What sound is made when the door of the Japanese teahouse where Henry meets Marty and Samantha in Chapter 23?
(c) Bar of music.
(d) Buddhist bells.
15. What color is worn to Chinese funerals in Chapter 43?
Short Answer Questions
1. What street is the neutral zone between Nihonmachi and Chinatown?
2. How many more Japanese are to arrive at the camp in Idaho in the next month after Henry visits?
3. In Chapter 25 how many bathhouses are in the Panama Hotel?
4. In Chapter 24, what date do Keiko and Henry see a thin line of soldiers near the ferry terminal?
5. What type of lamp lights the Sheldon's room at the beginning of Chapter 40?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)