|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henry and Keiko serve for lunch at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Fried fish.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Spam a la king.
2. Who built the Panama Hotel?
(a) Tatsuzo Sone.
(b) Kingo Tatsuno.
(c) Sabro Ozasa.
(d) Tokuma Katayama.
3. What is Samantha going to make for dinner at the end of Chapter 30?
(a) Shrimp fried rice.
(b) Szechwan duck.
(c) Pork dumplings.
(d) Black-bean crab.
4. What year is it in Chapter 45?
5. What is Sheldon's room number at the nursing home?
6. Where are Henry and Marty waiting at the beginning of Chapter 29?
(a) Parking lot of the Uwagimaya grocery store.
(b) Backyard of Henry's house.
(c) Parking lot of the Panama hotel.
(d) A restaurant.
7. Before Pearl Harbor, how long had the war in China with the Japanese been going on?
(a) 19 years.
(b) Five years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) Ten years.
8. Who does Henry see in Chapter 27 after saying goodbye to Keiko's family?
(d) His mother.
9. What type of meat are the wind-dried sausages made from that Henry's mother leaves for him in Chapter 43?
10. What day of the week does Henry go back to school in Chapter 30?
11. Where is Marty at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) Front porch.
(b) Back yard.
12. What culture usually serves the dessert that Samantha buys at the end of Chapter 30?
13. In Chapter 36, how many weeks of school does Henry have left?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
14. In Chapter 35, what day of the week does Henry go to find Sheldon?
15. What time does Mrs. Beatty want Henry to meet her on Saturday in Chapter 30?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) 9:30 a.m.
(d) 8:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who washes the dishes in Chapter 34?
2. What day of the week does Henry usually visit Sheldon in the nursing home?
3. What does Henry eat for breakfast with the Ojabe family in Idaho?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 28, how long has Henry, Marty, and Samantha been searching the basement of the Panama Hotel?
5. Back in China, at what age might someone get married?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)