|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Keiko to draw?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. When Henry writes his name on a list at the Panama Hotel, what name does he write?
3. What type of bicycle does Henry see in the basement of the Panama Hotel in Chapter 14?
(d) Western Flyer.
4. How long does it take Henry to serve lunch and clean up every day at school?
(a) About an hour and a half.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 50 mintues.
5. What type of coffee table does Henry have at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Metal and glass.
(d) Glass and wood.
6. What type of chair does Henry find to sit in the the basement of the hotel in Chapter 17?
(a) Aluminum lawn chair.
(b) Upholstered chair.
(c) Dining room chair.
(d) Rocking chair.
7. What does Henry give his mother from his bowl for breakfast in Chapter 11?
(a) Steamed won ton.
(c) Preserved duck egg.
(d) Sticky rice.
8. What year is the Sears, Roebuck order form dated that Henry sees in the basement of the Panama Hotel in Chapter 14?
9. Who is the artist on the LP that Henry buys in Chapter 8?
(a) Webb Coleman.
(b) Charlie Christian.
(c) Ray Charles.
(d) Quincy Jones.
10. What does Henry use to get transport Keiko's memorabilia to his home?
(c) Large box.
(d) Red wagon.
11. In Chapter 20, how long has it been since the Shitame family was arrested?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month ago.
(c) Two days ago.
(d) Weeks ago.
12. In Chapter 2, what is Marty's major in college?
13. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where does Henry spend the afternoon?
(a) Panama Hotel.
14. In Chapter 17, how long does Henry sort through things in the basement of the hotel?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) About two hours.
(d) Nearly three hours.
15. What instrument does Oscar Holden play?
(d) Double bass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date on the last copy of "The North American Times" that Henry finds in the basement of the hotel?
2. How long did Ethel have cancer?
3. How old is Henry the first time he visited the Panama Hotel?
4. How is the basement of the Panama Hotel lit in Chapter 14?
5. Where doHenry and his parents live in 1942?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)