|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Henry have?
2. In Chapter 20, how much earlier does Henry arrive home than he usually does from school?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
3. What is the name on the inside of the small suitcase Henry opens that has shaving supplies?
(a) F. Arakawa.
(b) R. Sato.
(c) P. Tanaka.
(d) M. Yamada.
4. What type of bicycle does Henry see in the basement of the Panama Hotel in Chapter 14?
(a) Western Flyer.
5. How many years has Henry fed, bath, and help his wife?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 36 months.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 4 years.
6. How many times has Henry visited the Panama Hotel at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. How is the basement of the Panama Hotel lit in Chapter 14?
(a) Utility bulbs.
(b) Portable flood lights.
(c) Kerosene lamps.
(d) A few light bulbs hanging from the ceiling.
8. What type of chair does Henry find to sit in the the basement of the hotel in Chapter 17?
(a) Upholstered chair.
(b) Dining room chair.
(c) Rocking chair.
(d) Aluminum lawn chair.
9. What time does Henry tell Keiko to meet him at the Black Elks Club in Chapter 11?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
10. What does Henry give his mother from his bowl for breakfast in Chapter 11?
(b) Preserved duck egg.
(c) Sticky rice.
(d) Steamed won ton.
11. In Chapter 16, what does the Ochi photographer tell Henry he had burned?
(a) His wedding photos.
(b) Photos of his parents.
(c) His graduation photos.
(d) Photos of his grandparents.
12. In Chapter 6, what other duties do Henry and Keiko have at school to pay their fees?
(a) Clean the cafeteria.
(b) Clean classrooms.
(c) Clean chalkboards, empty wastebaskets, and pound erasers.
(d) Wash and dry dishes.
13. How many pieces are in the orchestra when Henry and Keiko hear Oscar Holden play in Chapter 12?
14. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how long has it been since Henry's wife died?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 12 months.
15. Who taught Keiko to draw?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doHenry and his parents live in 1942?
2. What grade is Henry in in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 7, how much bigger is Japantown than Chinatown?
4. What is the year at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What is the date on the last copy of "The North American Times" that Henry finds in the basement of the hotel?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)