|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the tree that Henry is pruning in Chapter 19?
(a) Ten years.
(b) As old as Marty.
(c) Five years.
(d) About 15 years old.
2. When Henry is a boy, how full is the Panama Hotel?
(a) About one-quarter empty.
(b) Full with no vacancies.
(d) Almost always full.
3. What is the date on the last copy of "The North American Times" that Henry finds in the basement of the hotel?
(a) March 12, 1942.
(b) April 2, 1942.
(c) March 8, 1942.
(d) April 23, 1942.
4. What color hair does Marty's fiance have?
5. What does Henry give his mother from his bowl for breakfast in Chapter 11?
(a) Sticky rice.
(c) Steamed won ton.
(d) Preserved duck egg.
6. Where does Henry go to college for a time?
(a) Washington State.
(b) Western Washington University.
(c) University of Washington.
(d) Seattle University.
7. How old is Henry the first time he visited the Panama Hotel?
8. Where does the new owner of the Panama Hotel have an office in Chapter 13?
(a) In one of the hotel rooms.
(b) Under the stairs.
(c) In a corner off the old kitchen.
(d) An old coatroom.
9. Where does Henry work when he's twelve in order to be able to attend his school?
(a) With the janitor.
(b) Principal's office.
10. How many years has Henry fed, bath, and help his wife?
(a) 36 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 7 years.
11. During the war, how many years does Henry not speak to his parents?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
12. What awakens Henry at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Phone ringing.
(d) A noise outside.
13. Who does Marty bring to meet Henry in Chapter 18?
(a) His fiance.
(b) His favorite professor.
(c) His roommate.
(d) His new boss.
14. In Chapter 18, where does Henry remember that Marty wanted his mother to go when she was near the end of her days?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) Peace Hospice.
(c) The hospital.
(d) His apartment.
15. What does Henry smell in an old photo album at the end of Chapter 14?
(c) Something bitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry use to get transport Keiko's memorabilia to his home?
2. What grade is Henry in in Chapter 6?
3. What artist is Henry looking for at the record shop in Chapter 8?
4. What type of coffee table does Henry have at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. What type of chair does Henry find to sit in the the basement of the hotel in Chapter 17?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)