|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city has the ume tree as its symbol?
2. What type of flowers does Henry put on Ethel's grave in Chapter 10?
(c) Starfire lilies.
(d) White daisies.
3. What time does Henry tell Keiko to meet him at the Black Elks Club in Chapter 11?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
4. What wedding anniversary does a photo depict that Henry keeps on a coffee table in Chapter 8?
5. What year does Henry visit the Panama Hotel for the first time?
6. In Chapter 2, what is Marty's major in college?
7. What is the name on the inside of the small suitcase Henry opens that has shaving supplies?
(a) R. Sato.
(b) F. Arakawa.
(c) P. Tanaka.
(d) M. Yamada.
8. Where is Henry meeting Marty for lunch in Chapter 9?
(a) Sea Fortune Restaurant.
(b) Great China restaurant.
(c) China Panda.
(d) Royal Wok.
9. What does Henry think the Nippon Kan Theater will be when it is remodeled?
(b) Bus station.
(d) Grocery store.
10. What type of tea does Henry's mother bring to serve guests in Chapter 20?
11. Who is at Henry's home when he arrives in Chapter 20?
(a) An aunt.
(b) Denny Brown and his father.
(c) Chaz Preston and his father.
(d) His grandmother.
12. In Chapter 16, what does the Ochi photographer tell Henry he had burned?
(a) His graduation photos.
(b) Photos of his parents.
(c) His wedding photos.
(d) Photos of his grandparents.
13. What does Henry smell in an old photo album at the end of Chapter 14?
(d) Something bitter.
14. During the war, how many years does Henry not speak to his parents?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
15. How old is the tree that Henry is pruning in Chapter 19?
(a) About 15 years old.
(b) As old as Marty.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how much bigger is Japantown than Chinatown?
2. What is the name of Henry's wife?
3. When Ethel died, how often did Henry think that he would visit her grave?
4. Where does Henry work when he's twelve in order to be able to attend his school?
5. Who is the artist on the LP that Henry buys in Chapter 8?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)