|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads to the children in the second Hotel New Hampshire?
2. What is the name of the movie made about Lily's first book?
3. Where are Frank and Lilly while John and Franny are intimate with each other?
4. What does Franny tell Lilly she was doing while being intimate with John?
5. Who ends up learning German the quickest of the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Frank's decision to major in Economics a wise one?
2. Why does Lilly say she wished she had stayed with Fritz back at the original Hotel New Hampshire?
3. How does Lilly feel after the successful publication of her first book?
4. How did Franny get her name?
5. Why does John start to cry when he is getting drinks with Win before they confront the radicals?
6. How do the rescuers find the plane crash site so easily?
7. Who does John lie to his father about their third hotel being up and running?
8. Why does Franny announce that she's going to take on the role of parent in the family?
9. What does Frank tell John about what he remembers about his life in Vienna?
10. What happens when John sees Chip on the streets of New York City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Franny and Frank's physical fight in "The First Hotel New Hampshire" reveals information about *three* characters that are present in the scene.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Susie and Franny's relationship over the course of the novel, using direct quotations and examples from the text to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Franny and John have a closer relationship with each other than they do with any of their other siblings. Describe three reasons this is OR is not true and what from the text, specifically, most informs your opinion.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)