|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lilly so interested in the circus that is coming to the (original) Hotel New Hampshire for the summer?
(a) Because she loves the circus.
(b) Because it is full of little people.
(c) Because she loves animals.
(d) Because she has always wanted to be a circus clown.
2. What do Franny and John do after they finish sleeping with each other?
(a) They go on a vacation together.
(b) They pretend it didn't happen.
(c) They order room service.
(d) They never speak again.
3. What does Franny tell Lilly she was doing while being intimate with John?
(a) Writing a novel.
(b) Trying out for a movie.
(d) Rehearsing for a play.
4. What do Freud and Win hope to attract by naming their Vienna hotel the Hotel New Hampshire?
(a) The American President, when he visits.
(b) American tourists.
(c) People to come visit the prostitutes.
5. How do the Berrys know the radicals are starting their kidnapping and hostage plot?
(a) The electricity and phone lines get cut.
(b) They write them a really nice letter.
(c) They just say so at dinner.
(d) One holds a gun to Win.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lilly and John major in at the local university?
2. When they first meet, what does Susie think about how Franny has handled her own experience being raped?
3. Under what conditions will the owner sell the third hotel that Win wants to buy?
4. Who in the Berry family wants to return to Dairy, New Hampshire after Vienna?
5. How did Susie get her horrible scars?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franny get her name?
2. What is the ultimate goal of the family's revenge plan on Chip?
3. As his family is discussing the radicals' plot, why does John say he and his family are not good foreigners?
4. Why does Win want a dog?
5. What does Miss Miscarriage plead with John to do before the radicals' plot moves forward?
6. Why do Susie and John end up raising Franny and Junior's baby?
7. What comments do Lilly and Susie make about the sexual tension between Franny and John before they sleep together?
8. Why is John and Frank's attorney amused at their interview with the owner of the hotel Win wants to buy?
9. Why does Lilly say she wished she had stayed with Fritz back at the original Hotel New Hampshire?
10. What advice does Franny give her siblings about living in Vienna when they first arrive?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)