|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel does Win want to buy after he has been in New York for a little while?
(a) The Ritz.
(b) The Arbuthnot-By-The-Sea.
(c) His original Hotel New Hampshire.
(d) Any hotel will do.
2. How do the Berrys know the radicals are starting their kidnapping and hostage plot?
(a) They just say so at dinner.
(b) The electricity and phone lines get cut.
(c) They write them a really nice letter.
(d) One holds a gun to Win.
3. What has happened to the candy store next door to the hotel in Vienna?
(a) It now sells clothes.
(b) It has turned into a cigar store.
(c) It has burned down.
(d) It never existed.
4. Where are Frank and Lilly while John and Franny are intimate with each other?
(a) At a literary lunch.
(b) On vacation.
(c) At a book signing.
(d) Trapped in the hotel elevator.
5. For how long are Franny and John intimate?
(a) Many hours.
(b) There weren't intimate at all.
(c) Not long at all, because they are interrupted.
(d) Just a few minutes, and they both hated it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rhonda feel about the family's move to Vienna?
2. What is the name of the movie made about Lily's first book?
3. When they first meet, what does Susie think about how Franny has handled her own experience being raped?
4. Why does Freud fear calling the authorities about the radicals' plot?
5. Why does John tell his family about the radicals' plan to hold them hostage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lilly say she wished she had stayed with Fritz back at the original Hotel New Hampshire?
2. Why does Win want a dog?
3. What is the ultimate goal of the family's revenge plan on Chip?
4. Why does John start to cry when he is getting drinks with Win before they confront the radicals?
5. What does Frank tell John about what he remembers about his life in Vienna?
6. What does Miss Miscarriage plead with John to do before the radicals' plot moves forward?
7. Why does Franny announce that she's going to take on the role of parent in the family?
8. Why is John and Frank's attorney amused at their interview with the owner of the hotel Win wants to buy?
9. When does Win say he'll take the children back to the U.S., per their request?
10. Why is Frank's decision to major in Economics a wise one?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)