|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Freud fear calling the authorities about the radicals' plot?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) He agrees with the political statement they want to make.
(c) He thinks they will be guilty by association.
(d) He agrees with what they want to do.
2. What does Franny major in at the local university?
3. What hotel does the family stay in when they return to the United States after Vienna?
(a) The Goldwater Hotel.
(b) The Stanhope.
(c) A hotel the reader never learns the name of.
(d) The Ritz.
4. Under what conditions will the owner sell the third hotel that Win wants to buy?
(a) Both of these answers are correct.
(b) That the prospective owners not be Jewish.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) That he meet the prospective owners.
5. What has happened to Freud's eyesight during the time the family was managing their own hotel back in the States?
(a) His eyesight has gotten much worse; he is blind.
(b) One of his eyes works better, the other works much worse.
(c) This is a trick question; none of these answers is correct.
(d) His eyesight has somehow drastically improved.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years does Win believe that his third hotel is up and operating?
2. How often do non-regular guests come into the hotel?
3. What is the title of Lily's first book?
4. Who does the family tell Chip will rape him?
5. Who ends up taking Sorrow on the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. As his family is discussing the radicals' plot, why does John say he and his family are not good foreigners?
2. Who does John lie to his father about their third hotel being up and running?
3. How did Egg get his name?
4. What happens when John sees Chip on the streets of New York City?
5. What does Miss Miscarriage plead with John to do before the radicals' plot moves forward?
6. Why is Frank's decision to major in Economics a wise one?
7. Why does Franny announce that she's going to take on the role of parent in the family?
8. How did Franny get her name?
9. What advice does Franny give her siblings about living in Vienna when they first arrive?
10. When does Win say he'll take the children back to the U.S., per their request?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)