|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mary take a summer job working at a hotel, the summer she met Win?
(a) Her parents owned the hotel.
(b) She was an orphan and took jobs wherever she could find them.
(c) She wanted a little adventure.
(d) A fortune-teller told her to.
2. How many children are in the Berry family?
3. Why do the workers have so much free time the first night the hotel opens?
(a) This is a trick question; everyone is very busy on opening night.
(b) There aren't many guests.
(c) They aren't sure what they're supposed to be doing yet.
(d) The electricity goes out.
4. Once Franny is taken on Halloween night, who holds John down?
(a) Harold Swallow.
(b) Junior Jones.
(c) Chip Dove.
(d) No one.
5. What kind of group do Franny and John encounter as they run toward Dairy on Halloween night?
(a) A musical group.
(b) A group of dogs.
(c) A group of birds.
(d) A group of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bitty Tuck?
2. Who eventually rescues the stuffed Sorrow from being disposed of -- albeit in secret?
3. Why did Win take a summer job working at a hotel, the summer he met Mary?
4. What day does the Berry family move into their first Hotel New Hampshire?
5. How many offenders are found in the woods after they've attacked Franny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "State O' Maine" die?
2. How is it possible for the Berrys to stay in their original home during the hotel renovation?
3. What item does John notice is missing from the school as he runs toward Dairy on Halloween night, and why is it significant?
4. How does Junior Jones help John get better at lifting weights?
5. Why does John whisper during sex after his first encounter with Rhonda?
6. Why is John so nervous about having sex with Sabrina?
7. Who is "State O' Maine"?
8. How does Coach Bob die?
9. What is so exceptional about Sorrow?
10. How does the family handle Lilly's diagnosis of dwarfism?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)