|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bitty Tuck?
(a) John's cousin.
(b) Junior's sister.
(c) Franny's friend.
(d) A neighbor of the hotel's.
2. Where do most of the students live while attending the Dairy School?
(a) At a rival hotel to the Berrys'.
(b) The dorms.
(c) With their families.
(d) The Hotel New Hampshire.
3. Whose idea is the New Year's party?
(a) Coach Bob's.
4. What does Coach Bob recommend John eat during his new attempts to get in shape?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Bananas, oranges, and greens.
5. What secret does Frank confess to Franny and John as they walk home after Frank has been beaten up?
(a) That it was all a trick to see if his siblings would help him.
(b) That he has a major plan for revenge.
(c) That he is gay.
(d) That he really isn't as hurt as he was claiming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Chip attack Franny on Halloween night?
2. Who eventually rescues the stuffed Sorrow from being disposed of -- albeit in secret?
3. What does John buy Rhonda for Christmas?
4. What happens to the students who attack Franny?
5. Who almost always wins the major rivalry game with Dairy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the chairs nailed to the ground in the Hotel New Hampshire?
2. How does Coach Bob die?
3. How does Franny react when she is let go from the net on Halloween night?
4. What do Franny and John do to get even with the football players after John is attacked?
5. Why has Egg hidden Sorrow in the bathroom?
6. Why are Win and Mary looking forward to their summer jobs so much when they meet?
7. Why does John whisper during sex after his first encounter with Rhonda?
8. How do Win and Mary handle all the people -- including their children -- having sex in their hotel?
9. Who else is caught in the net with Franny and John at school on Halloween night?
10. How does John finally convince Harold Swallow to release him from the net on Halloween night?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)