|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What health problem does Egg develop?
(a) A hearing problem.
(b) A vision problem.
(c) A walking problem.
(d) A speaking problem.
2. Who cuts down the family Christmas tree?
(d) Coach Bob.
3. What does Franny do to Frank when they get into their physical fight?
(a) She scratches his face all up with her nails.
(b) She kicks him in the groin.
(c) She bites on his ear.
(d) She pulls his hair -- hard.
4. Where is Chip continually pushing Frank's face as he is tormenting him?
(a) A brick wall.
(b) The mud.
(c) A tree.
(d) A toilet.
5. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Bitty about John?
2. What health concern does Lilly have?
3. How much does Win pay for the bear and the motorcycle the summer he works at the hotel?
4. Who is Franny's date for the New Year's party?
5. What secret does Frank confess to Franny and John as they walk home after Frank has been beaten up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Win and Mary looking forward to their summer jobs so much when they meet?
2. How does Coach Bob react to Franny and John's scheme to anger the football players?
3. Why would Coach Bob have refused to coach the expelled players had they been allowed to remain on the team?
4. How is it possible for the Berrys to stay in their original home during the hotel renovation?
5. What are the sleeping arrangements for the Berry family once they move into the hotel?
6. What happens to Howard Tuck when the electricity comes back on in the Hotel New Hampshire on Halloween night?
7. How does Franny react when she is let go from the net on Halloween night?
8. What do the Berry children insist about the story being told at the beginning of the novel?
9. Why does Franny attack Frank?
10. How do Win and Mary handle all the people -- including their children -- having sex in their hotel?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)