|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Frank begin attending classes at the Dairy School?
2. Why does Lilly bring Franny and John food when they are grounded?
(a) Because she wants to get them into even more trouble.
(b) As an apology.
(c) Because she wants them to get sick from the food.
(d) Because she is made to do so by her mother.
3. What is unusual about Sabrina's teeth?
(a) They are very, very white.
(b) They are very, very yellow.
(c) They are fake.
(d) Nothing is unusual; this is a trick question.
4. Who helps Chip attack Franny on Halloween night?
(a) Lenny Metz and Chester Pulaski.
(b) Lenny Pulaski and Chester Metz.
(c) No one; he acts alone.
(d) Junior Jones and another character who isn't named.
5. Who do Franny and John hear begin intimate in the hotel in secret soon after the rivalry football game?
(a) Coach Bob.
(c) One of their teachers.
(d) Their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Freud send his letter to Win from?
2. How often does John lift weights as part of his workout routine?
3. Where do Win and Mary live when the novel opens?
4. How does John's running improve as he exercises more?
5. What do John's attackers do to him when he is attacked at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rhonda proposition John for the first time?
2. Why would Coach Bob have refused to coach the expelled players had they been allowed to remain on the team?
3. What does Franny offer to Chip so he'll leave Frank alone (while he is beating him up)?
4. How do Win and Mary handle all the people -- including their children -- having sex in their hotel?
5. What happens to Howard Tuck when the electricity comes back on in the Hotel New Hampshire on Halloween night?
6. Why does John whisper during sex after his first encounter with Rhonda?
7. What does Franny do several times a day after being attacked on Halloween night?
8. How does "State O' Maine" die?
9. How does Coach Bob react to Franny and John's scheme to anger the football players?
10. Why is there a break in the quick succession that Mary and Win have their children in?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)