|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Win sell the hotel to before the family leaves for Vienna?
(b) Chip Dove.
(c) Junior Jones.
2. How does Susie keep order in the hotel?
(a) Through using her bear costume.
(b) By yelling at people all the time.
(c) By just being nice to people and treating them with respect.
(d) By bribing the police.
3. What has happened to Freud's eyesight during the time the family was managing their own hotel back in the States?
(a) One of his eyes works better, the other works much worse.
(b) His eyesight has somehow drastically improved.
(c) His eyesight has gotten much worse; he is blind.
(d) This is a trick question; none of these answers is correct.
4. How many radicals does Franny sleep with the night before the radicals execute their plot?
5. Who are the permanent guests at the Vienna hotel?
(a) The prostitutes and radicals.
(b) The prostitutes, radicals, and circus performers.
(c) The prostitutes and circus performers.
(d) The radicals and circus performers.
6. Who reads to the children in the second Hotel New Hampshire?
(a) Their new stepmom.
(c) Their nanny.
(d) Miss Miscarriage.
7. How are the new guests described at the new Hotel New Hampshire?
8. What does Franny major in at the local university?
9. Who is Fritz?
(a) The owner/manager of the circus.
(b) John's new friend from school.
(c) A nice neighbor who helps with the hotel from time to time.
(d) Lilly's imaginary friend.
10. What has happened to the candy store next door to the hotel in Vienna?
(a) It has turned into a cigar store.
(b) It never existed.
(c) It has burned down.
(d) It now sells clothes.
11. Who continues to live at the hotel in New York City?
(a) Just Franny.
(b) Just Lilly.
(c) Lilly and Franny.
(d) John and Lilly.
12. What is Miss Miscarriage doing the night John first kisses her?
(c) Reading to him.
13. What do Freud and Win hope to attract by naming their Vienna hotel the Hotel New Hampshire?
(b) People to come visit the prostitutes.
(c) American tourists.
(d) The American President, when he visits.
14. How long does the Berry family live in Vienna?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Seven years.
15. Who goes to see what has happened to Miss Miscarriage?
(a) John and Franny.
(b) John and Frank.
(c) Frank and Franny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John tell his family about the radicals' plan to hold them hostage?
2. For how many years does Win believe that his third hotel is up and operating?
3. Where is the owner located, of the third hotel that Win wants to buy?
4. When they first meet, what does Susie think about how Franny has handled her own experience being raped?
5. What makes it obvious that Miss Miscarriage is dead?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)