|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susie end up doing for a living?
(a) Running a rape crisis center out of the hotel.
(c) Pretending to be a bear.
(d) Becoming a famous actress.
2. What does Franny tell Lilly she was doing while being intimate with John?
(a) Writing a novel.
(b) Rehearsing for a play.
(d) Trying out for a movie.
3. How did Susie get her horrible scars?
(d) A car accident.
4. Which bar do John and Win go to right before they confront the radicals?
(a) The Memphis Coffeehouse and Bar.
(b) The hotel bar.
(c) The Metro.
(d) The Sacher Bar.
5. How long does the Berry family live in Vienna?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Seven years.
6. What has happened to Freud's eyesight during the time the family was managing their own hotel back in the States?
(a) His eyesight has somehow drastically improved.
(b) One of his eyes works better, the other works much worse.
(c) His eyesight has gotten much worse; he is blind.
(d) This is a trick question; none of these answers is correct.
7. What has happened to the candy store next door to the hotel in Vienna?
(a) It has burned down.
(b) It has turned into a cigar store.
(c) It now sells clothes.
(d) It never existed.
8. What will set off the radicals' car bomb?
(a) Nothing; it is a dud.
(b) A timer.
(c) Something hitting the front of the car.
(d) A fuse.
9. Who does Frannie end up marrying?
(b) Junior Jones.
10. Who do the radicals decide will drive their car bomb since Miss Miscarriage is dead?
11. Who overhears the news that the radicals can't find Miss Miscarriage?
12. What makes it obvious that Miss Miscarriage is dead?
(a) The blood people can see through the window.
(b) The suicide note she's taped to her door.
(c) The smell outside of her apartment.
(d) The fact that she's not moving.
13. For how many years does Win believe that his third hotel is up and operating?
14. When they first meet, what does Susie think about how Franny has handled her own experience being raped?
(a) That she should be an example to others about how to handle it positively.
(b) That she has handled it really, really well.
(c) That she's just beginning to work on it.
(d) That she has never really dealt with it.
15. What is Miss Miscarriage doing the night John first kisses her?
(b) Reading to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after arriving in Vienna, what do Frank and John find Susie and Franny doing?
2. What do Freud and Win hope to attract by naming their Vienna hotel the Hotel New Hampshire?
3. What does Win order at the bar he goes to with John, before they confront the radicals?
4. In what kind of location is the Vienna hotel?
5. Who drives to see the property of the hotel Win wants to buy after he has lived in New York for a while?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)