|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chip want to contact Franny?
(a) Because he has never stopped loving her.
(b) To apologize to her.
(c) Just to see how she is doing.
(d) To tease her.
2. What does Miss Miscarriage confess is the radicals' plan?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) To capture John's family.
(c) To blow up the opera house.
(d) To hold John's family hostage.
3. How do the Berrys know the radicals are starting their kidnapping and hostage plot?
(a) They just say so at dinner.
(b) One holds a gun to Win.
(c) The electricity and phone lines get cut.
(d) They write them a really nice letter.
4. What is Miss Miscarriage's role to be in the radicals' plan?
(a) Be a spy.
(b) Seduce John so they can capture him.
(c) Call the police about the hostage situation.
(d) Drive the car with the bomb.
5. How does Rhonda feel about the family's move to Vienna?
(a) She can't wait for them to leave.
(b) She is very sad.
(c) She wants to go.
(d) She is very angry.
6. How did Freud lose his sight?
(a) He doesn't remember.
(b) In experiments in a German death camp.
(c) By having someone splash acid in his face.
(d) By doing too many drugs.
7. Who ends up learning German the quickest of the family?
8. What do the Berry children agree about how Egg and Mary will feel about Vienna once they arrive?
(a) That they will love it at first and then come to hate it.
(b) That they will hate it at first and then come to love it.
(c) That they won't like it.
(d) That they will totally love it.
9. What do Franny and John do after they finish sleeping with each other?
(a) They order room service.
(b) They go on a vacation together.
(c) They pretend it didn't happen.
(d) They never speak again.
10. For how long are Franny and John intimate?
(a) Not long at all, because they are interrupted.
(b) There weren't intimate at all.
(c) Many hours.
(d) Just a few minutes, and they both hated it.
11. How does Susie keep order in the hotel?
(a) Through using her bear costume.
(b) By yelling at people all the time.
(c) By bribing the police.
(d) By just being nice to people and treating them with respect.
12. What dream does John have about his mother before they depart for Vienna?
(a) That she dies.
(b) That she is young and beautiful again.
(c) That she leaves his father for another man.
(d) That she wins the lottery in Vienna.
13. What has happened to the candy store next door to the hotel in Vienna?
(a) It now sells clothes.
(b) It has turned into a cigar store.
(c) It never existed.
(d) It has burned down.
14. Who does Win sell the hotel to before the family leaves for Vienna?
(b) Junior Jones.
(c) Chip Dove.
15. What hotel does Win want to buy after he has been in New York for a little while?
(a) The Arbuthnot-By-The-Sea.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) His original Hotel New Hampshire.
(d) Any hotel will do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continues to live at the hotel in New York City?
2. Who are the permanent guests at the Vienna hotel?
3. What is the title of Lily's first book?
4. Why is Lilly so interested in the circus that is coming to the (original) Hotel New Hampshire for the summer?
5. Why does John tell his family about the radicals' plan to hold them hostage?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)