|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Win plan to get money to open his hotel?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Sell the family home.
(c) Take out a loan from the bank.
(d) Sell his car.
2. When does Frank begin attending classes at the Dairy School?
3. What does Frank accuse Franny of being behind (after their fight)?
(a) "Every bad thing that happens."
(b) "Every major problem at school."
(c) "Every bad person in the room."
(d) "Ever missing dollar in this house."
4. What items have Frank's tormentors taken from him as he is being beaten up?
(a) His pants.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His homework.
5. How much does Win pay for the bear and the motorcycle the summer he works at the hotel?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
6. How do the Dairy football players stop Franny and John as they try to find help on Halloween night?
(a) With the soccer goal net.
(b) With a trip wire.
(c) They just outrun them and jump on their backs.
(d) With burlap sacks.
7. What do John's attackers do to him when he is attacked at school?
(a) They duct-tape his pant legs together.
(b) They break his nose and left arm.
(c) They rub his face into the lined football field.
(d) They break his nose and right arm.
8. What does Chip tell Franny he must show her on Halloween night?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The girl's bathroom.
(c) The special place she knows in the woods.
(d) The computer where the teachers keep all their grades.
9. Who reports that Lilly has indeed brought food to Franny and John?
(a) Lilly herself.
10. What does Junior tell John about his date's age?
(a) That she's 25.
(b) That she's nearly 30.
(c) That it doesn't matter.
(d) That she's at least 16.
11. How old were Mary and Winslow when they met?
12. What size room is Lilly given after she is diagnosed with dwarfism?
(a) One closer to her parents.
(b) One closer to her sister.
(c) A larger one.
(d) A smaller one.
13. Who is beating up Frank when John and Franny find him?
(a) Football players.
(c) Coach Bob.
(d) His own friends.
14. Where do Win and Mary live when the novel opens?
(a) Dairy, New York.
(b) Dairy, Connecticut.
(c) Dairy, New Hampshire.
(d) Dairy, Michigan.
15. Who are "The Black Arm of the Law"?
(a) John's nerdy friends.
(b) Frank's band friends.
(c) Junior Jones's friends.
(d) Lilly's goth friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Franny and John try to get to the school on Halloween night?
2. What do Win and Mary do their first night working at the hotel?
3. Who is Junior bringing as a date for John?
4. Who hires a band for the New Year's party?
5. Why does Win's school decide it needs to open to females?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)