|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Frank begin attending classes at the Dairy School?
2. What do Win and Mary do their first night working at the hotel?
(a) Race in the lake.
(b) Go fishing.
3. Where do most of the students live while attending the Dairy School?
(a) With their families.
(b) The dorms.
(c) At a rival hotel to the Berrys'.
(d) The Hotel New Hampshire.
4. What does Chip tell Franny he must show her on Halloween night?
(a) The girl's bathroom.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The computer where the teachers keep all their grades.
(d) The special place she knows in the woods.
5. How long does it take Franny to stop the routine she began after she was raped?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Six months.
(d) From Halloween to Christmas.
6. Who is Franny's date for the New Year's party?
(b) Junior Jones.
(c) No one.
(d) Chip Dove.
7. Who is the singer for the band that is hired for the New Year's party?
8. What are Franny and John waiting for in the woods after he is attacked?
(a) For their dad to meet them in secret.
(b) For the bear to come out again.
(c) For a football player to come by.
(d) For second period to pass so they can go back to school.
9. Who reports that Lilly has indeed brought food to Franny and John?
(d) Lilly herself.
10. What was the name of the hotel where Mary and Win met?
(a) Hotel New Hampshire.
(b) The Waterfront Inn.
(d) The Ritz.
11. Why doesn't John immediately go to help Franny when he is released on Halloween night?
(a) Because he can't outmatch 3 football players.
(b) Because he knows she can handle herself.
(c) Because he wants to help Howard Tuck first.
(d) Because his leg is broken.
12. What do John's attackers do to him when he is attacked at school?
(a) They rub his face into the lined football field.
(b) They duct-tape his pant legs together.
(c) They break his nose and left arm.
(d) They break his nose and right arm.
13. Who attacks John one day while he is at school?
(b) A wild bear.
(c) A teacher.
(d) Football players.
14. What kind of group do Franny and John encounter as they run toward Dairy on Halloween night?
(a) A group of birds.
(b) A musical group.
(c) A group of children.
(d) A group of dogs.
15. How do the Dairy football players stop Franny and John as they try to find help on Halloween night?
(a) With the soccer goal net.
(b) With burlap sacks.
(c) They just outrun them and jump on their backs.
(d) With a trip wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the football players react to John's attempt to explain that Howard Tuck needs helps on Halloween night?
2. What is the group that Franny and John find on Halloween night running from?
3. What happens to the school's football team during their rival game?
4. How do the renovations to the hotel go?
5. Where is the visitor from during dinner after the big rivalry football game?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)