|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts down the family Christmas tree?
(d) Coach Bob.
2. What story is being told when the novel opens?
(a) The story of "State O' Maine."
(b) The story of the assasination of JFK.
(c) A story from the bible.
3. Who is Harold Swallow?
(a) The teacher who breaks up a fight.
(b) The person their school is named after.
(c) Another football player.
(d) The librarian who is always yelling at people.
4. Who is Junior Jones?
(a) Chip's cousin.
(b) A large black player on the football team.
(c) Franny's secret boyfriend.
(d) John's best friend.
5. What day does the Berry family move into their first Hotel New Hampshire?
(a) Halloween night.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
6. What error is made in ordering new sinks and commodes for the new hotel?
(a) They are a really bright pink color.
(b) They are too tiny.
(c) They are too large.
(d) They only work some of the time.
7. What was the name of the hotel where Mary and Win met?
(a) The Ritz.
(c) The Waterfront Inn.
(d) Hotel New Hampshire.
8. What does Frank do to Franny when they get into their physical fight?
(a) He sits on her so she can't move.
(b) He tickles her until she wets her pants.
(c) He pinches her breast.
(d) He gets her in a chokehold.
9. Why do the workers have so much free time the first night the hotel opens?
(a) There aren't many guests.
(b) This is a trick question; everyone is very busy on opening night.
(c) The electricity goes out.
(d) They aren't sure what they're supposed to be doing yet.
10. Where is Sorrow put after he scares Coach Bob to death?
(a) In the town's dumpster.
(b) In the fireplace.
(c) In the trash.
(d) In the basement.
11. Who is Junior bringing as a date for John?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His sister.
(d) His friend.
12. Who is leading the group of football players that stops Franny and John on Halloween night?
(a) Chip Dove.
(c) Junior Jones.
13. Where, at school, is John cornered by Chip Dove?
(a) The quad.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The showers.
(d) The library.
14. Who is Franny's date for the New Year's party?
(a) No one.
(b) Chip Dove.
(d) Junior Jones.
15. Who says she is looking forward to the party -- even though no one else seems to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Berry family presents traditionally supposed to be?
2. Why can't Franny and John use Howard Tuck's radio to call for help?
3. After he is rescued from being beaten up, what signal does Frank give Franny and John so they start attacking Chip?
4. What is Freud's real first name?
5. What items have Frank's tormentors taken from him as he is being beaten up?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)