|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people listen to the visitor having sex in the hotel?
(a) He accidentally turned his speakerphone on.
(b) The walls are very thin.
(c) Through the hotel intercom system.
(d) He is very loud.
2. Why does Frank collapse on the floor after his fight with Franny?
(a) His groin is very sore.
(b) He is just pretending for sympathy.
(c) She cuts his achilles heel with her nail file.
(d) His leg is broken.
3. Why does Win's school decide it needs to open to females?
(a) So the boys will stop going to the girls' school so much.
(b) In order to survive.
(c) So the boys will stop complaining.
(d) So they can get on TV.
4. Who is Bitty Tuck?
(a) John's cousin.
(b) Franny's friend.
(c) Junior's sister.
(d) A neighbor of the hotel's.
5. What is Freud's real first name?
(c) No one knows; it's unpronounceable.
6. Who listens to the visitor having sex in the hotel?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
7. Where, at school, is John cornered by Chip Dove?
(a) The library.
(b) The showers.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The quad.
8. Where does Franny need stitches after her fight with Frank?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her lip.
(d) Her arm.
9. What does Frank do to Franny when they get into their physical fight?
(a) He sits on her so she can't move.
(b) He pinches her breast.
(c) He gets her in a chokehold.
(d) He tickles her until she wets her pants.
10. Where does the Berry family live while waiting for the hotel to be renovated?
(a) An RV.
(b) Their original house.
(c) A trailer.
(d) Coach Bob's house.
11. Whose idea is the New Year's party?
(d) Coach Bob's.
12. How old were Mary and Winslow when they met?
13. Who rats out Franny and John about what they tried to do to the football players?
14. What amazes Bitty about John?
(a) How tall he is.
(b) That he is so quiet when Franny is so chatty.
(c) How short he is.
(d) His kissing ability.
15. What does Sabrina allow John to do to her in her room at the hotel?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) See her naked.
(c) Ask about her weird scar.
(d) Hold her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of group do Franny and John encounter as they run toward Dairy on Halloween night?
2. Who wrote "The Hotel New Hampshire"?
3. Why did Mary take a summer job working at a hotel, the summer she met Win?
4. Where do most of the students live while attending the Dairy School?
5. What story is being told when the novel opens?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)