|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he is rescued from being beaten up, what signal does Frank give Franny and John so they start attacking Chip?
(a) He sounds his trumpet.
(b) He whistles.
(c) He calls out their secret password.
(d) He clashes his cymbals.
2. What do Win and Mary do their first night working at the hotel?
(a) Race in the lake.
(b) Go fishing.
3. How does John's running improve as he exercises more?
(a) He can run for longer periods of time.
(b) All of these answers is correct.
(c) He's slower because he has so much more fat.
(d) He's slower because he has so much more muscle.
4. Who helps Chip attack Franny on Halloween night?
(a) No one; he acts alone.
(b) Junior Jones and another character who isn't named.
(c) Lenny Pulaski and Chester Metz.
(d) Lenny Metz and Chester Pulaski.
5. Where does the football team eat after their big rivalry game?
(a) At a BBQ in the schoolyard.
(b) Back at Junior Jones's house.
(c) At the next town over.
(d) The hotel.
6. What does Junior Jones tell John about lifting weights?
(a) He is really bad at it.
(b) He should be able to lift twice his weight.
(c) It's too late for him to learn how to do it well.
(d) He is really good at it.
7. Where does Franny need stitches after her fight with Frank?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her lip.
8. Who is the singer for the band that is hired for the New Year's party?
9. Where do Win and Mary live when the novel opens?
(a) Dairy, New York.
(b) Dairy, New Hampshire.
(c) Dairy, Connecticut.
(d) Dairy, Michigan.
10. What college was Win accepted to?
11. Why does Frank collapse on the floor after his fight with Franny?
(a) She cuts his achilles heel with her nail file.
(b) He is just pretending for sympathy.
(c) His leg is broken.
(d) His groin is very sore.
12. What are Franny and John waiting for in the woods after he is attacked?
(a) For a football player to come by.
(b) For second period to pass so they can go back to school.
(c) For the bear to come out again.
(d) For their dad to meet them in secret.
13. What health concern does Lilly have?
(a) A heart problem.
(b) A very bad limp.
(c) A form of dwarfism.
(d) Her back is not growing straight.
14. What is the group that Franny and John find on Halloween night running from?
(a) A crazy, drunk man.
(b) Feral cats.
(c) A coyote.
(d) Giant spiders.
15. What story is being told when the novel opens?
(a) The story of "State O' Maine."
(b) A story from the bible.
(d) The story of the assasination of JFK.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Berry family presents traditionally supposed to be?
2. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
3. What does Sabrina allow John to do to her in her room at the hotel?
4. Who hires a band for the New Year's party?
5. How do the football players react to John's attempt to explain that Howard Tuck needs helps on Halloween night?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)