|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Junior tell John about his date's age?
(a) That she's at least 16.
(b) That it doesn't matter.
(c) That she's nearly 30.
(d) That she's 25.
2. Who is leading the group of football players that stops Franny and John on Halloween night?
(b) Chip Dove.
(c) Junior Jones.
3. What do Franny and John do to try to get the football players mad at each other in the woods?
(a) Post pictures of them.
(b) Set up a trap.
(c) Defecate on the path.
(d) Take pictures of them.
4. What is unusual about Sabrina's teeth?
(a) Nothing is unusual; this is a trick question.
(b) They are very, very yellow.
(c) They are very, very white.
(d) They are fake.
5. What health problem does Egg develop?
(a) A hearing problem.
(b) A vision problem.
(c) A walking problem.
(d) A speaking problem.
6. Who is Bitty Tuck?
(a) Junior's sister.
(b) Franny's friend.
(c) A neighbor of the hotel's.
(d) John's cousin.
7. Where do Win and Mary live when the novel opens?
(a) Dairy, New Hampshire.
(b) Dairy, New York.
(c) Dairy, Michigan.
(d) Dairy, Connecticut.
8. How does Win plan to get money to open his hotel?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Take out a loan from the bank.
(c) Sell the family home.
(d) Sell his car.
9. What do John's attackers do to him when he is attacked at school?
(a) They break his nose and right arm.
(b) They break his nose and left arm.
(c) They duct-tape his pant legs together.
(d) They rub his face into the lined football field.
10. Where does Franny need stitches after her fight with Frank?
(a) Her lip.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her arm.
11. What does Coach Bob recommend John eat during his new attempts to get in shape?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Bananas, oranges, and greens.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
12. Why did Mary take a summer job working at a hotel, the summer she met Win?
(a) A fortune-teller told her to.
(b) She was an orphan and took jobs wherever she could find them.
(c) She wanted a little adventure.
(d) Her parents owned the hotel.
13. What do Win and Mary do their first night working at the hotel?
(a) Race in the lake.
(d) Go fishing.
14. Who does John go to for help on Halloween night?
(a) Chip Dove and his friends.
(b) His own friends.
(c) Junior Jones and his friends.
(d) The police.
15. Who is Harold Swallow?
(a) Another football player.
(b) The teacher who breaks up a fight.
(c) The person their school is named after.
(d) The librarian who is always yelling at people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the hotel where Mary and Win met?
2. Who helps Chip attack Franny on Halloween night?
3. What happens to the students who attack Franny?
4. Why does Lilly bring Franny and John food when they are grounded?
5. What kind of group do Franny and John encounter as they run toward Dairy on Halloween night?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)