|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the school's football team during their rival game?
(a) They lose.
(b) They have to forfeit because everyone gets into a fight.
(c) They win.
(d) They tie.
2. Who is Franny's date for the New Year's party?
(a) No one.
(b) Chip Dove.
(d) Junior Jones.
3. What story is being told when the novel opens?
(b) The story of "State O' Maine."
(c) A story from the bible.
(d) The story of the assasination of JFK.
4. What does Frank accuse Franny of being behind (after their fight)?
(a) "Every bad thing that happens."
(b) "Every major problem at school."
(c) "Ever missing dollar in this house."
(d) "Every bad person in the room."
5. Who is Junior Jones?
(a) Franny's secret boyfriend.
(b) John's best friend.
(c) Chip's cousin.
(d) A large black player on the football team.
6. What school did Win attend?
(a) The Dairy School.
(b) The local public elementary school.
(c) The Connecticut College for Misbehaving Boys.
7. How do the renovations to the hotel go?
(a) Slower than expected.
(b) Faster than expected.
(c) Strangely smooth.
(d) They never get finished, sadly.
8. How does Mary feel about Win's plan to get money to open his hotel?
(a) She feels okay.
(b) She is furious and angry and files for divorce.
(c) She is worried the bank won't approve them.
(d) She thinks he is crazy.
9. What kind of group do Franny and John encounter as they run toward Dairy on Halloween night?
(a) A musical group.
(b) A group of dogs.
(c) A group of birds.
(d) A group of children.
10. Why can't Franny and John use Howard Tuck's radio to call for help?
(a) It's acting all wonky.
(b) It's broken.
(c) They can't figure out how to use it.
(d) They can't find it.
11. How do the Dairy football players stop Franny and John as they try to find help on Halloween night?
(a) With a trip wire.
(b) With the soccer goal net.
(c) They just outrun them and jump on their backs.
(d) With burlap sacks.
12. Who do Franny and John hear begin intimate in the hotel in secret soon after the rivalry football game?
(b) One of their teachers.
(c) Coach Bob.
(d) Their parents.
13. Where does Win's father work?
(a) At his school.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) At Mary's school.
(d) Win's father is never mentioned.
14. What does John do as Franny attacks Frank?
(a) He hits Franny.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He hits Frank.
(d) He watches.
15. Who eventually carries Franny to the infirmary?
(a) Chip Dove.
(b) Junior Jones.
(c) Her dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items have Frank's tormentors taken from him as he is being beaten up?
2. What school did Mary attend?
3. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
4. What health problem does Egg develop?
5. What does Junior Jones tell John about lifting weights?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)