|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the football team eat after their big rivalry game?
(a) The hotel.
(b) At a BBQ in the schoolyard.
(c) At the next town over.
(d) Back at Junior Jones's house.
2. What do the children object to during the opening story?
(a) That it is only being told in Latin.
(b) Incorrect statements.
(c) That it is being told at all.
(d) That they have to sit around and listen to it -- again.
3. Who almost always wins the major rivalry game with Dairy?
4. After he is rescued from being beaten up, what signal does Frank give Franny and John so they start attacking Chip?
(a) He calls out their secret password.
(b) He whistles.
(c) He clashes his cymbals.
(d) He sounds his trumpet.
5. How many offenders are found in the woods after they've attacked Franny?
6. How long does it take Franny to stop the routine she began after she was raped?
(a) Six months.
(b) A few weeks.
(d) From Halloween to Christmas.
7. What does John do as Franny attacks Frank?
(a) He watches.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He hits Frank.
(d) He hits Franny.
8. What happens to Mary's old school?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It is moved in bits and pieces.
(c) It closes.
(d) It is turned into a casino.
9. What college was Win accepted to?
10. What joke is made about the new sinks and commodes that are ordered for the hotel?
(a) That one of the restrooms is an "outhouse for elves."
(b) That the pink toilets will make everyone happy.
(c) That you have to cross your fingers before flushing them, hoping for luck.
(d) That one of the restrooms is an "outhouse for giants."
11. What does Junior Jones tell John about lifting weights?
(a) He is really bad at it.
(b) He should be able to lift twice his weight.
(c) It's too late for him to learn how to do it well.
(d) He is really good at it.
12. What does Chip tell Franny he must show her on Halloween night?
(a) The computer where the teachers keep all their grades.
(b) The girl's bathroom.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The special place she knows in the woods.
13. Who wrote "The Hotel New Hampshire"?
(a) John Legend.
(b) John Irving.
(c) Mike Irving.
(d) Mike Legend.
14. How old is John's date?
15. Who helps Chip attack Franny on Halloween night?
(a) Junior Jones and another character who isn't named.
(b) Lenny Pulaski and Chester Metz.
(c) Lenny Metz and Chester Pulaski.
(d) No one; he acts alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the workers have so much free time the first night the hotel opens?
2. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
3. What does Frank do to Franny when they get into their physical fight?
4. What do Franny and John hope to find at Dairy when they rush there for help Friday night?
5. What happened to Sabrina's teeth to make them so unusual?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)