|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John buy Rhonda for Christmas?
(a) A hairclip.
(b) A new hairbrush.
(c) Some really nice soap.
(d) A nightgown.
2. Why did Win take a summer job working at a hotel, the summer he met Mary?
(a) He needed to kill some time before joining the army.
(b) He needed money.
(c) He had been kicked out of school.
(d) He needed a place to live.
3. Who is Rhonda?
(a) John's cousin.
(b) A neighbor of the hotel's.
(c) Junior's sister.
(d) Franny's friend.
4. Why does Lilly bring Franny and John food when they are grounded?
(a) Because she is made to do so by her mother.
(b) Because she wants them to get sick from the food.
(c) As an apology.
(d) Because she wants to get them into even more trouble.
5. Where does the football team eat after their big rivalry game?
(a) Back at Junior Jones's house.
(b) At the next town over.
(c) At a BBQ in the schoolyard.
(d) The hotel.
6. What does Franny do to Frank when they get into their physical fight?
(a) She bites on his ear.
(b) She pulls his hair -- hard.
(c) She kicks him in the groin.
(d) She scratches his face all up with her nails.
7. Who does John go to for help on Halloween night?
(a) Junior Jones and his friends.
(b) His own friends.
(c) Chip Dove and his friends.
(d) The police.
8. What does John do as Franny attacks Frank?
(a) He watches.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He hits Frank.
(d) He hits Franny.
9. How old is John's date?
10. What joke is made about the new sinks and commodes that are ordered for the hotel?
(a) That one of the restrooms is an "outhouse for elves."
(b) That the pink toilets will make everyone happy.
(c) That one of the restrooms is an "outhouse for giants."
(d) That you have to cross your fingers before flushing them, hoping for luck.
11. Where is Sorrow put after he scares Coach Bob to death?
(a) In the trash.
(b) In the fireplace.
(c) In the town's dumpster.
(d) In the basement.
12. What kind of group do Franny and John encounter as they run toward Dairy on Halloween night?
(a) A group of dogs.
(b) A musical group.
(c) A group of birds.
(d) A group of children.
13. What story is being told when the novel opens?
(b) The story of "State O' Maine."
(c) The story of the assasination of JFK.
(d) A story from the bible.
14. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
15. Who is Junior Jones?
(a) A large black player on the football team.
(b) Franny's secret boyfriend.
(c) Chip's cousin.
(d) John's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rats out Franny and John about what they tried to do to the football players?
2. Where is the visitor from during dinner after the big rivalry football game?
3. How often does John lift weights as part of his workout routine?
4. Who do Franny and John hear begin intimate in the hotel in secret soon after the rivalry football game?
5. What does Junior Jones tell John about lifting weights?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)