|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the football players react to John's attempt to explain that Howard Tuck needs helps on Halloween night?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They make him pay to be let go.
(c) They help him find help.
(d) They use their cell phones to call for help.
2. What error is made in ordering new sinks and commodes for the new hotel?
(a) They are too tiny.
(b) They are a really bright pink color.
(c) They only work some of the time.
(d) They are too large.
3. What does Coach Bob recommend John eat during his new attempts to get in shape?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Bananas, oranges, and greens.
4. What amazes Bitty about John?
(a) How tall he is.
(b) His kissing ability.
(c) How short he is.
(d) That he is so quiet when Franny is so chatty.
5. What does Chip tell Franny he must show her on Halloween night?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The special place she knows in the woods.
(c) The computer where the teachers keep all their grades.
(d) The girl's bathroom.
6. What happens to the students who attack Franny?
(b) They are sent to jail.
(c) They are expelled.
(d) They have to move away.
7. Who helps Chip attack Franny on Halloween night?
(a) Lenny Metz and Chester Pulaski.
(b) Lenny Pulaski and Chester Metz.
(c) Junior Jones and another character who isn't named.
(d) No one; he acts alone.
8. What do John's attackers do to him when he is attacked at school?
(a) They duct-tape his pant legs together.
(b) They break his nose and right arm.
(c) They break his nose and left arm.
(d) They rub his face into the lined football field.
9. What joke is made about the new sinks and commodes that are ordered for the hotel?
(a) That one of the restrooms is an "outhouse for elves."
(b) That the pink toilets will make everyone happy.
(c) That you have to cross your fingers before flushing them, hoping for luck.
(d) That one of the restrooms is an "outhouse for giants."
10. Where is Sorrow put after he scares Coach Bob to death?
(a) In the fireplace.
(b) In the trash.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the town's dumpster.
11. How does Mary feel about Win's plan to get money to open his hotel?
(a) She is worried the bank won't approve them.
(b) She is furious and angry and files for divorce.
(c) She thinks he is crazy.
(d) She feels okay.
12. How does John's running improve as he exercises more?
(a) He's slower because he has so much more muscle.
(b) All of these answers is correct.
(c) He can run for longer periods of time.
(d) He's slower because he has so much more fat.
13. Who does the visitor have sex with on the night of the football rivalry game?
(a) Rhonda Ray.
14. What do Win and Mary do their first night working at the hotel?
(a) Race in the lake.
(b) Go fishing.
15. What do the children object to during the opening story?
(a) Incorrect statements.
(b) That it is only being told in Latin.
(c) That they have to sit around and listen to it -- again.
(d) That it is being told at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Sabrina's teeth?
2. Who attacks John one day while he is at school?
3. Where does the Berry family live while waiting for the hotel to be renovated?
4. What happens to Mary's old school?
5. What health concern does Lilly have?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)