|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do as Franny attacks Frank?
(a) He watches.
(b) He hits Franny.
(c) He hits Frank.
(d) He starts to cry.
2. What do the children object to during the opening story?
(a) That it is being told at all.
(b) That it is only being told in Latin.
(c) That they have to sit around and listen to it -- again.
(d) Incorrect statements.
3. How do the football players react to John's attempt to explain that Howard Tuck needs helps on Halloween night?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They use their cell phones to call for help.
(c) They help him find help.
(d) They make him pay to be let go.
4. Where do most of the students live while attending the Dairy School?
(a) With their families.
(b) At a rival hotel to the Berrys'.
(c) The Hotel New Hampshire.
(d) The dorms.
5. What are the Berry family presents traditionally supposed to be?
6. Why does Win's school decide it needs to open to females?
(a) So the boys will stop complaining.
(b) So they can get on TV.
(c) In order to survive.
(d) So the boys will stop going to the girls' school so much.
7. How old is John's date?
8. What are Franny and John waiting for in the woods after he is attacked?
(a) For a football player to come by.
(b) For second period to pass so they can go back to school.
(c) For their dad to meet them in secret.
(d) For the bear to come out again.
9. How old were Mary and Winslow when they met?
10. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
11. What was the name of the hotel where Mary and Win met?
(b) The Waterfront Inn.
(c) The Ritz.
(d) Hotel New Hampshire.
12. Where does the Berry family live while waiting for the hotel to be renovated?
(a) A trailer.
(b) An RV.
(c) Coach Bob's house.
(d) Their original house.
13. Who is Junior Jones?
(a) John's best friend.
(b) Chip's cousin.
(c) Franny's secret boyfriend.
(d) A large black player on the football team.
14. What happened to Sabrina's teeth to make them so unusual?
(a) She ate a poisonous fruit, which turned them yellow.
(b) She bleached them too much.
(c) Nothing is unusual; this is a trick question.
(d) They were knocked out during her rape.
15. Who eventually rescues the stuffed Sorrow from being disposed of -- albeit in secret?
Short Answer Questions
1. After he is rescued from being beaten up, what signal does Frank give Franny and John so they start attacking Chip?
2. Once Franny is taken on Halloween night, who holds John down?
3. Who reports that Lilly has indeed brought food to Franny and John?
4. Who says she is looking forward to the party -- even though no one else seems to?
5. Who helps Chip attack Franny on Halloween night?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)