|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of group do Franny and John encounter as they run toward Dairy on Halloween night?
(a) A group of children.
(b) A group of dogs.
(c) A musical group.
(d) A group of birds.
2. Where does the Berry family live while waiting for the hotel to be renovated?
(a) A trailer.
(b) Coach Bob's house.
(c) Their original house.
(d) An RV.
3. What does Coach Bob recommend John eat during his new attempts to get in shape?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Bananas, oranges, and greens.
4. What amazes Bitty about John?
(a) That he is so quiet when Franny is so chatty.
(b) His kissing ability.
(c) How tall he is.
(d) How short he is.
5. How does Win plan to get money to open his hotel?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Sell his car.
(c) Sell the family home.
(d) Take out a loan from the bank.
6. How do people listen to the visitor having sex in the hotel?
(a) The walls are very thin.
(b) He is very loud.
(c) Through the hotel intercom system.
(d) He accidentally turned his speakerphone on.
7. Who is Junior bringing as a date for John?
(a) His sister.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His friend.
8. What is the group that Franny and John find on Halloween night running from?
(a) A crazy, drunk man.
(b) Giant spiders.
(c) Feral cats.
(d) A coyote.
9. What error is made in ordering new sinks and commodes for the new hotel?
(a) They are a really bright pink color.
(b) They are too large.
(c) They are too tiny.
(d) They only work some of the time.
10. Who is beating up Frank when John and Franny find him?
(a) Football players.
(b) Coach Bob.
(c) His own friends.
11. Who is the singer for the band that is hired for the New Year's party?
12. What do Franny and John hope to find at Dairy when they rush there for help Friday night?
(b) Teachers who know CPR.
(c) Emergency doctors.
13. What do Franny and John do to try to get the football players mad at each other in the woods?
(a) Defecate on the path.
(b) Set up a trap.
(c) Take pictures of them.
(d) Post pictures of them.
14. How do the football players react to John's attempt to explain that Howard Tuck needs helps on Halloween night?
(a) They help him find help.
(b) They use their cell phones to call for help.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They make him pay to be let go.
15. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Berry family presents traditionally supposed to be?
2. What does Junior Jones tell John about lifting weights?
3. Why can't Franny and John use Howard Tuck's radio to call for help?
4. Who reports that Lilly has indeed brought food to Franny and John?
5. How does John's running improve as he exercises more?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)