Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John go to for help on Halloween night?
(a) The police.
(b) Chip Dove and his friends.
(c) Junior Jones and his friends.
(d) His own friends.
2. How many children are in the Berry family?
3. How do the Dairy football players stop Franny and John as they try to find help on Halloween night?
(a) With burlap sacks.
(b) They just outrun them and jump on their backs.
(c) With a trip wire.
(d) With the soccer goal net.
4. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
5. What does Junior tell John about his date's age?
(a) That she's 25.
(b) That she's nearly 30.
(c) That it doesn't matter.
(d) That she's at least 16.
6. Who is Franny's date for the New Year's party?
(a) Chip Dove.
(c) No one.
(d) Junior Jones.
7. What do Franny and John hope to find at Dairy when they rush there for help Friday night?
(a) Teachers who know CPR.
(c) Emergency doctors.
8. Why does Lilly bring Franny and John food when they are grounded?
(a) Because she is made to do so by her mother.
(b) Because she wants to get them into even more trouble.
(c) As an apology.
(d) Because she wants them to get sick from the food.
9. Where does Freud send his letter to Win from?
(d) New York.
10. Who almost always wins the major rivalry game with Dairy?
11. What day does the Berry family move into their first Hotel New Hampshire?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Halloween night.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
12. Why do the workers have so much free time the first night the hotel opens?
(a) The electricity goes out.
(b) There aren't many guests.
(c) This is a trick question; everyone is very busy on opening night.
(d) They aren't sure what they're supposed to be doing yet.
13. What do Franny and John do to try to get the football players mad at each other in the woods?
(a) Defecate on the path.
(b) Take pictures of them.
(c) Post pictures of them.
(d) Set up a trap.
14. What items have Frank's tormentors taken from him as he is being beaten up?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His pants.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His homework.
15. What school did Mary attend?
(a) The New York School for Girls.
(c) The Thompson-Female Seminary.
(d) Lisa Lipson's School for Young Ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is being told when the novel opens?
2. Where is Chip continually pushing Frank's face as he is tormenting him?
3. What is unusual about Sabrina's teeth?
4. Who reports that Lilly has indeed brought food to Franny and John?
5. What are Franny and John waiting for in the woods after he is attacked?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)