|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the hotel where Mary and Win met?
(a) Hotel New Hampshire.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) The Waterfront Inn.
2. How much does Win pay for the bear and the motorcycle the summer he works at the hotel?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
3. What do the children object to during the opening story?
(a) Incorrect statements.
(b) That it is only being told in Latin.
(c) That it is being told at all.
(d) That they have to sit around and listen to it -- again.
4. Who eventually carries Franny to the infirmary?
(a) Junior Jones.
(c) Her dad.
(d) Chip Dove.
5. What items have Frank's tormentors taken from him as he is being beaten up?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His pants.
(c) His homework.
(d) His shirt.
6. How do Franny and John try to get to the school on Halloween night?
(a) By running.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) By a shortcut.
(d) By a wooded path.
7. Where is the visitor from during dinner after the big rivalry football game?
(b) New York.
8. How do the Dairy football players stop Franny and John as they try to find help on Halloween night?
(a) With the soccer goal net.
(b) With burlap sacks.
(c) With a trip wire.
(d) They just outrun them and jump on their backs.
9. How does John's running improve as he exercises more?
(a) He can run for longer periods of time.
(b) He's slower because he has so much more fat.
(c) All of these answers is correct.
(d) He's slower because he has so much more muscle.
10. What does Junior Jones tell John about lifting weights?
(a) He should be able to lift twice his weight.
(b) He is really bad at it.
(c) It's too late for him to learn how to do it well.
(d) He is really good at it.
11. How often does John lift weights as part of his workout routine?
(a) Once a week.
(c) Twice daily.
12. Once he has cornered John, what does Chip Dove want to know about his sister?
(a) If she's really as smart as everyone thinks.
(b) What her best feature is.
(c) How much money she makes letting guys kiss her.
(d) If she's a virgin.
13. Who is Rhonda?
(a) A neighbor of the hotel's.
(b) Junior's sister.
(c) Franny's friend.
(d) John's cousin.
14. Once Franny is taken on Halloween night, who holds John down?
(a) Chip Dove.
(b) Harold Swallow.
(c) No one.
(d) Junior Jones.
15. What does Coach Bob recommend John eat during his new attempts to get in shape?
(b) Ice cream.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Bananas, oranges, and greens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Franny and John do to try to get the football players mad at each other in the woods?
2. What secret does Frank confess to Franny and John as they walk home after Frank has been beaten up?
3. Who does John go to for help on Halloween night?
4. Where does the football team eat after their big rivalry game?
5. What school did Mary attend?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)