|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What joke is made about the new sinks and commodes that are ordered for the hotel?
(a) That one of the restrooms is an "outhouse for elves."
(b) That one of the restrooms is an "outhouse for giants."
(c) That you have to cross your fingers before flushing them, hoping for luck.
(d) That the pink toilets will make everyone happy.
2. What is the group that Franny and John find on Halloween night running from?
(a) Feral cats.
(b) A coyote.
(c) Giant spiders.
(d) A crazy, drunk man.
3. What was the name of the hotel where Mary and Win met?
(a) The Waterfront Inn.
(c) Hotel New Hampshire.
(d) The Ritz.
4. Who wrote "The Hotel New Hampshire"?
(a) John Irving.
(b) Mike Legend.
(c) Mike Irving.
(d) John Legend.
5. Who is Franny's date for the New Year's party?
(a) Chip Dove.
(b) Junior Jones.
(d) No one.
6. What health problem does Egg develop?
(a) A walking problem.
(b) A speaking problem.
(c) A vision problem.
(d) A hearing problem.
7. What kind of group do Franny and John encounter as they run toward Dairy on Halloween night?
(a) A group of birds.
(b) A group of children.
(c) A musical group.
(d) A group of dogs.
8. Who says she is looking forward to the party -- even though no one else seems to?
9. How do the renovations to the hotel go?
(a) They never get finished, sadly.
(b) Strangely smooth.
(c) Slower than expected.
(d) Faster than expected.
10. What does John buy Rhonda for Christmas?
(a) Some really nice soap.
(b) A hairclip.
(c) A nightgown.
(d) A new hairbrush.
11. What happens to the school's football team during their rival game?
(a) They win.
(b) They tie.
(c) They lose.
(d) They have to forfeit because everyone gets into a fight.
12. How many children are in the Berry family?
13. What do Win and Mary do their first night working at the hotel?
(a) Race in the lake.
(d) Go fishing.
14. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
15. Who helps Chip attack Franny on Halloween night?
(a) Junior Jones and another character who isn't named.
(b) Lenny Pulaski and Chester Metz.
(c) No one; he acts alone.
(d) Lenny Metz and Chester Pulaski.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Franny and John do to try to get the football players mad at each other in the woods?
2. Why did Win take a summer job working at a hotel, the summer he met Mary?
3. What are Franny and John waiting for in the woods after he is attacked?
4. What do Franny and John hope to find at Dairy when they rush there for help Friday night?
5. Where is the visitor from during dinner after the big rivalry football game?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)