|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Merry Christmas, 1956.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John's attackers do to him when he is attacked at school?
(a) They break his nose and right arm.
(b) They break his nose and left arm.
(c) They rub his face into the lined football field.
(d) They duct-tape his pant legs together.
2. What items have Frank's tormentors taken from him as he is being beaten up?
(a) His pants.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His homework.
3. Where is the visitor from during dinner after the big rivalry football game?
(a) New York.
4. What are the Berry family presents traditionally supposed to be?
5. What does John buy Rhonda for Christmas?
(a) Some really nice soap.
(b) A hairclip.
(c) A new hairbrush.
(d) A nightgown.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Hotel New Hampshire" published?
2. Why does Frank collapse on the floor after his fight with Franny?
3. Where, at school, is John cornered by Chip Dove?
4. Why did Mary take a summer job working at a hotel, the summer she met Win?
5. How old were Mary and Winslow when they met?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)