|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alexander get into Stephanie's car?
2. Why does Ranger refuse to give her any information?
3. What does Morelli ask Stephanie when he arrives at her parents' house?
4. Who does Stephanie think it is when she hears the door open when she is getting ready for bed?
5. Who is waiting for Stephanie when she gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one thing that is ironic about how Stephanie and Lula manage to finally get Munson into her car?
2. What happens when Stephanie talks to Cynthia Lotte and what does this say about Stephanie?
3. What does Ranger tell Stephanie when he stops her while she is out walking the dog and do you think Morelli had a hand in Ranger's decision?
4. Do you think where Stephanie shoots Munson is intentional?
5. Why is Cynthia at the townhouse and how does the information she offers and her actions at the townhouse inform her character?
6. Stephanie has bad luck with cars--do you think this is her fault?
7. Why are the crime organizations angry at Homer and could this have something to do with his alleged death?
8. Why do you think Stephanie is so amenable to doing what Ranger asks her to do?
9. Why is Stephanie's grandma moving back to Stephanie's parents' home and what do you think is the implication?
10. How does Stephanie's relationship to Mitchell and Habib change in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Compare/contrast Stephanie to her mother.
2. Compare/contrast Stephanie's mother to Stephanie's grandmother.
3. Compare/contrast Stephanie to Lula.
Essay Topic 2
Death occurs several times throughout this rather lighthearted novel. Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of death throughout the story.
2. In a somewhat farcical novel such as Hot Six, can death be a serious topic? Why or why not? Discuss fully with examples from Hot Six and other literature.
3. Is death more tragic when someone dies unexpectedly young versus someone who dies unexpectedly in their 7th or 8th decade of life? Discuss fully with examples from the book and your own experiences.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the follow to discuss:
1. Discuss the theme of women in non-traditional roles.
2. Discuss the theme of frustration.
3. Discuss the theme of male chauvinism.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)