|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs Bob?
2. How does Stephanie get rid of Munson?
3. Who follows Stephanie to the office?
4. How do the people at Stephanie's office keep Mitchell and Habib from following her?
5. How does Stephanie explain to her grandma about Ranger's presence late at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there any justification for Stephanie committing a felony (breaking and entering) when she and Lula go into Ramos's townhouse?
2. What does Stephanie's grandma buy and what do you think this symbolizes?
3. What does Ranger tell Stephanie when he stops her while she is out walking the dog and do you think Morelli had a hand in Ranger's decision?
4. Stephanie has bad luck with cars--do you think this is her fault?
5. What do you think Alexander means when he says Homer killed himself?
6. What is the parallel between Stephanie and cars, and Ranger and dead bodies?
7. How does Stephanie obtain information about the Ramos family in her "own back yard" so to speak and how is this ironic?
8. Why is Stephanie's grandma moving back to Stephanie's parents' home and what do you think is the implication?
9. Do you think Stephanie is going beyond what Ranger asked her to do as far as the Ramos case?
10. Stephanie manages to get to her gun and shoot Munson in the foot. It seems unlikely that Stephanie under the stress of the circumstances intentionally aims and shoots Munson in the foot. What is more likely to have happened is that she pointed the gun and pulled the trigger and it happened to hit Munson in the foot.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. How does the plot structure contribute to the success of the story? (Or Not)
2. Discuss five times Evanovich uses foreshadowing and how it is fulfilled later in the story.
3. Discuss the use of slang/dialect and lingo in the story and how it does (or does not) make a more interesting read.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the follow to discuss:
1. Discuss the theme of women in non-traditional roles.
2. Discuss the theme of frustration.
3. Discuss the theme of male chauvinism.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter. Discuss the following:
1. What is a bounty hunter as it is used in this novel?
2. Why do you think someone would choose the job of bounty hunter?
3. Would you be willing to be a bounty hunter?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)