|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma buy from the dealer?
2. How does Stephanie explain to her grandma about Ranger's presence late at night?
3. What do they do with the dead body in Cynthia's car?
4. Who pulls up to talk to Stephanie?
5. Why has Mooner returned to Stephanie's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Stephanie goes to the trouble to buy an alarm at Radio Shack just to catch Ranger sneaking into her house?
2. Why is Stephanie's grandma moving back to Stephanie's parents' home and what do you think is the implication?
3. What does Ranger tell Stephanie when he stops her while she is out walking the dog and do you think Morelli had a hand in Ranger's decision?
4. What does Stephanie's grandma buy and what do you think this symbolizes?
5. What is the parallel between Stephanie and cars, and Ranger and dead bodies?
6. Stephanie has bad luck with cars--do you think this is her fault?
7. Why are the crime organizations angry at Homer and could this have something to do with his alleged death?
8. Do you think Stephanie is going beyond what Ranger asked her to do as far as the Ramos case?
9. How does Stephanie obtain information about the Ramos family in her "own back yard" so to speak and how is this ironic?
10. Why is Cynthia at the townhouse and how does the information she offers and her actions at the townhouse inform her character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
In any detective novel, there are clues that point both to the real criminal(s) versus those that are designed to mislead the readers in order to add suspense. Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze 5 clues that are designed to let the astute reader figure out who is the criminal(s).
2. Trace and analyze 5 clues that are designed to mislead even the astute reader in figuring out who is the criminal(s).
3. Do you enjoy being mislead in a mystery/suspense novel? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Do you think being a bounty hunter is an appropriate occupation for a woman? Discuss fully.
2. Do you think Stephanie Plum could be considered a successful bounty hunter?
3. Compare/contrast the way Morelli views Stephanie's occupation versus the way Ranger views it.
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)