|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mitchell and Habib think Stephanie is changing cars?
2. What does Stephanie observe when she returns to the recently-vacated townhouse where Ramos had been?
3. What does Ranger do before leaving Stephanie?
4. Who is Joe Morelli?
5. Who is Ranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Stephanie tolerates Ranger letting himself into her apartment in the middle of the night? Do you think Morelli knows of these visits?
2. What are one or two ways Stephanie demonstrates a piece (flaw?) in her personality as far as rescuing people?
3. What does Stephanie's on-again off-again boyfriend know about Stephanie and Ranger and what do you think his response is to that?
4. Why do Joyce Barnhardt and Stephanie have an uneasy relationship?
5. How does the interrelationships in this story suggest a sense of community?
6. Why is Stephanie trying to take Munson in to the police station?
7. What about Stephanie's first apprehension of the day reveals a little about Vinnie's character?
8. How does Morelli's amusement about the situation with Stephanie's grandma turn to consternation?
9. What is slightly incongruous about how Stephanie is portrayed in the opening scene?
10. What happens when Stephanie is leaving her mother's house at the end of Chapter 6 and what does this say about Stephanie's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Family is an important theme in Hot Six. Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze Stephanie's relationship to her family.
2. Compare Stephanie's relationship to her family to the relationships in the Ramos family.
3. Discuss the attitudes towards family by 5 characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the follow to discuss:
1. Discuss the theme of women in non-traditional roles.
2. Discuss the theme of frustration.
3. Discuss the theme of male chauvinism.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Joe Morelli to Ranger.
2. Compare/contrast the relationship of Joe to Stephanie to that of Ranger to Stephanie.
3. Compare/contrast the type of "community" in which Stephanie lives to your own.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)