|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many files does Vinnie give Stephanie?
2. What does Munson do in order to escape Stephanie this time?
3. What does Stephanie have to decide when the man arrives?
4. How long has Stephanie known Joe Morelli?
5. What is a Rollswagen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene with Stephanie and Carol Zabo five months after the prologue and also what this says about Stephanie as a person.
2. Are Stephanie and Lula wise to go back to Munson's house after their previous experience with him?
3. How would you feel if someone like Ranger could easily enter your house and sit beside your bed at 3 a.m.?
4. Why do you think Stephanie tolerates Ranger letting himself into her apartment in the middle of the night? Do you think Morelli knows of these visits?
5. How is Bob starting to be an asset as well as a nuisance in Stephanie's life?
6. Why do Joyce Barnhardt and Stephanie have an uneasy relationship?
7. How is the presence of Mooner sitting with Grandma when Stepahine is getting ready for work farcical?
8. Why is Stephanie trying to take Munson in to the police station?
9. Why do you think Ranger comes on to Stephanie when he knows she's involved with Joe Morelli?
10. What is one attitude Morelli often assumes in response to Stephanie's daily life and what is your view of his attitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death occurs several times throughout this rather lighthearted novel. Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of death throughout the story.
2. In a somewhat farcical novel such as Hot Six, can death be a serious topic? Why or why not? Discuss fully with examples from Hot Six and other literature.
3. Is death more tragic when someone dies unexpectedly young versus someone who dies unexpectedly in their 7th or 8th decade of life? Discuss fully with examples from the book and your own experiences.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. How does the plot structure contribute to the success of the story? (Or Not)
2. Discuss five times Evanovich uses foreshadowing and how it is fulfilled later in the story.
3. Discuss the use of slang/dialect and lingo in the story and how it does (or does not) make a more interesting read.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter. Discuss the following:
1. What is a bounty hunter as it is used in this novel?
2. Why do you think someone would choose the job of bounty hunter?
3. Would you be willing to be a bounty hunter?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)