|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hannibal end up?
2. Who is Joe Morelli?
3. What does Munson do in order to escape Stephanie this time?
4. For what is Ranger arrested?
5. What does Ranger ask Stephanie to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one attitude Morelli often assumes in response to Stephanie's daily life and what is your view of his attitude?
2. How does Morelli's amusement about the situation with Stephanie's grandma turn to consternation?
3. What happens when Stephanie is leaving her mother's house at the end of Chapter 6 and what does this say about Stephanie's mother?
4. Why is Stephanie trying to take Munson in to the police station?
5. Do you think Stephanie's feelings for Ranger will interfere in her relationship with Joe Morelli?
6. What are one or two ways Stephanie demonstrates a piece (flaw?) in her personality as far as rescuing people?
7. How is Bob starting to be an asset as well as a nuisance in Stephanie's life?
8. What seems to make Grandma happy that night at Stephanie's house at dinner and what might that imply?
9. Describe the scene with Stephanie and Carol Zabo five months after the prologue and also what this says about Stephanie as a person.
10. Munson can probably be characterized as a misogynist--what do you think that word means based on what you have read about Munson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some characters in Hot Six are bumblers who seem to make things come out alright in the end and some are bumblers who cannot seem to set things right.
1. Compare/contrast a bumbler character (other than Stephanie) who seems to have luck versus one who doesn't.
2. Why do you think so many of Evanovich's characters are inept?
3. Compare/contrast Stepahnie's ineptness with the way Ranger or Joe Morelli operates.
Essay Topic 2
Stephanie's relationship to men is often laced with sexual innuendo. At the opening of the novel, Stephanie is wondering if her mother's worst fear has come true: she's a nymphomaniac, lusting after lots of men. Discuss the following:
1. What is the definition of nymphomaniac?
2. Is Stephanie truly a nymphomaniac? Why or why not?
3. Do you think Stephanie actually lusts after lots of men? Or just two men in particular?
4. Why do you think Stephanie is actually quite restrained in what she does with her feelings of attraction?
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter. Discuss the following:
1. What is a bounty hunter as it is used in this novel?
2. Why do you think someone would choose the job of bounty hunter?
3. Would you be willing to be a bounty hunter?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)