|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Vinnie threaten to give Ranger's file?
2. Why is Stephanie watching Bob?
3. How many files does Vinnie give Stephanie?
4. To what does Brian Simon agree?
5. Who is Ranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ranger suspect in a recent homicide, but why does Stephanie think he is not guilty?
2. Do you think Stephanie's feelings for Ranger will interfere in her relationship with Joe Morelli?
3. What seems to make Grandma happy that night at Stephanie's house at dinner and what might that imply?
4. Why do you think Stephanie tolerates Ranger letting himself into her apartment in the middle of the night? Do you think Morelli knows of these visits?
5. Why do you think Ranger comes on to Stephanie when he knows she's involved with Joe Morelli?
6. How would you feel if someone like Ranger could easily enter your house and sit beside your bed at 3 a.m.?
7. After Munson rams Mitchell and Habib's car, probably in pursuit of Stephanie, is there now reason for Stephanie to drop this case?
8. What does Stephanie's on-again off-again boyfriend know about Stephanie and Ranger and what do you think his response is to that?
9. What does the reader know about Ranger so far and why do you think Stephanie declines to take on the skip recovery, who happens to be Ranger?
10. What is one attitude Morelli often assumes in response to Stephanie's daily life and what is your view of his attitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Joe Morelli to Ranger.
2. Compare/contrast the relationship of Joe to Stephanie to that of Ranger to Stephanie.
3. Compare/contrast the type of "community" in which Stephanie lives to your own.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Do you think being a bounty hunter is an appropriate occupation for a woman? Discuss fully.
2. Do you think Stephanie Plum could be considered a successful bounty hunter?
3. Compare/contrast the way Morelli views Stephanie's occupation versus the way Ranger views it.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the follow to discuss:
1. Discuss the theme of women in non-traditional roles.
2. Discuss the theme of frustration.
3. Discuss the theme of male chauvinism.
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)