|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morelli do about the dead man at the townhouse?
(b) Calls in his detective squad to meet him at the townhouse.
(c) Calls in an anonymous tip.
(d) Goes and finds him.
2. What does Alexander do?
(a) A personal trainer.
(b) No one seems to know.
(c) He is a Greek gun runner.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What is Bob eating in the kitchen?
(a) The mashed potatoes.
(b) The dessert.
(c) The steaks.
(d) His dog food.
4. Why has Morris Munson come in to Stephanie's home?
(a) To apologize.
(b) He is not at Stephanie's home.
(c) To ask her to leave him alone.
(d) To kill her.
5. Why does Cynthia come into the townhouse?
(a) To find out why Stephanie is there.
(b) To taunt Stephanie about her ex-husband.
(c) Looking for her jewelry and car.
(d) To find Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching TV at Stephanie's place when she gets home?
2. Why doesn't Grandma like Homer?
3. How do Stephanie and Lula's find the townhouse?
4. Where does Alexander say he was when Homer dies?
5. Why has Mooner returned to Stephanie's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stephanie's response to Ranger's warning about the Ramos family?
2. Stephanie manages to get to her gun and shoot Munson in the foot. It seems unlikely that Stephanie under the stress of the circumstances intentionally aims and shoots Munson in the foot. What is more likely to have happened is that she pointed the gun and pulled the trigger and it happened to hit Munson in the foot.
3. What happens when Stephanie talks to Cynthia Lotte and what does this say about Stephanie?
4. How does the situation with Mitchell and Habib and their dog napping demonstrate a narrative contrivance?
5. Why is Cynthia at the townhouse and how does the information she offers and her actions at the townhouse inform her character?
6. What does Stephanie's grandma buy and what do you think this symbolizes?
7. Is there any justification for Stephanie committing a felony (breaking and entering) when she and Lula go into Ramos's townhouse?
8. Why are the crime organizations angry at Homer and could this have something to do with his alleged death?
9. How is the farcical nature of this novel even more evident in Chapter 11?
10. Do you think where Stephanie shoots Munson is intentional?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)