|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will it be difficult for Stephanie to receive credit for Lenny Dale?
(a) He actually has not skipped.
(b) He is in Mexico.
(c) He is down at the courthouse as she is at his house.
(d) He dies of a heart attack while she is at his house.
2. To what does Brian Simon agree?
(a) Not pressing charges against Carol.
(b) Joining Stephanie's bowling league.
(c) Joining Stephanie's judo class.
(d) Going to dinner with Stephanie's sister.
3. Why does Stephanie not want to deal with Munson?
(a) He smells quite badly.
(b) He is very slow witted.
(c) He is a womanizer.
(d) He is a violent man.
4. Who is Lula?
(a) An undercover policewoman.
(b) Joe Morelli's partner.
(c) The file clerk in Stephanie's office.
(d) A good friend of Carol's.
5. What does Stephanie have to decide when the man arrives?
(a) If she is in love with him.
(b) Whether to let him into her apartment.
(c) Whether to shoot him.
(d) Whether to tell him the information he wants to know.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Vinnie threaten to give Ranger's file?
2. What changes Joe's mirth to concern when he finds Stephanie's grandmother at the apartment?
3. Where does Stephanie decide to have lunch?
4. It appears that Bob is part _____________ breed.
5. Why do Stephanie and Grandma eat their pie before dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stephanie's attempt to apprehend Munson fare and was it wise of her to try to apprehend Munson alone considering the type of charges Munson faces?
2. Why do you think Ranger comes on to Stephanie when he knows she's involved with Joe Morelli?
3. What does the reader know about Ranger so far and why do you think Stephanie declines to take on the skip recovery, who happens to be Ranger?
4. How does Stephanie demonstrate that she can "think on her feet"?
5. What seems to make Grandma happy that night at Stephanie's house at dinner and what might that imply?
6. Why does Stephanie call Morelli and what does his response to imply about Morell's attitude towards Stephanie?
7. Do you think Stephanie's feelings for Ranger will interfere in her relationship with Joe Morelli?
8. Describe the scene with Stephanie and Carol Zabo five months after the prologue and also what this says about Stephanie as a person.
9. What is ironic about Lula's former life to her current job?
10. How is the presence of Mooner sitting with Grandma when Stepahine is getting ready for work farcical?
This section contains 1,423 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)