|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who causes the fire in Stephanie's car?
(a) Mitchell and Habib.
2. What does Ranger think is a possibility if he appears in public?
(a) He will be questioned by the press.
(b) Someone may kill him in retaliation for Homer's death.
(c) He will be arraigned on murder charges.
(d) He will be tied to the murder of Homer.
3. Is Stephanie sure of the identities of all the men she sees?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) As sure as she can be without having met all of them.
(c) No, she is only guessing based on rumors she has heard.
4. Who is by Stephanie's bed at 8 a.m.?
5. It appears that Bob is part _____________ breed.
(a) Golden Retriever.
(c) Standard Poodle.
(d) Yellow Lab.
6. Where is Homer found with a bullet in his head?
(a) In Stephanie's apartment.
(b) In the river.
(c) In a burned out building owned by his father.
(d) In a dumpster in the police station parking lot.
7. Who is sitting with Grandma when Stephanie goes to get ready for work?
(c) Stephanie's mother.
(d) No one.
8. Where does Stephanie send Joyce to find Ranger in retaliation for Joyce's making fun of Stephanie?
(a) To Staten Island.
(b) To the worst neighborhood in Newark.
(c) To the Bronx.
(d) To Ramos' burned office.
9. Why does Stephanie not want to deal with Munson?
(a) He is a violent man.
(b) He is very slow witted.
(c) He smells quite badly.
(d) He is a womanizer.
10. Why does Ranger miss court?
(a) He was being held against his will.
(b) He does not think the presiding judge will be fair.
(c) He needs to be looking for someone and can't if he is in jail.
(d) He was very ill.
11. Why does Stephanie go back to the Ramos townhouse?
(a) She cannot sleep.
(b) She is hoping to encounter Ranger.
(c) She has a dream.
(d) She left her book on the ground under the tree.
12. Why does Stephanie leave Munson?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He puts a gun to her head.
(c) He rams her car and pulls out a tire iron.
(d) He puts a gun to his head and threatens suicide.
13. Why do Mitchell and Habib think Stephanie is changing cars?
(a) To confuse them.
(b) To throw Ranger off her trail.
(c) To confuse Munson.
(d) To look wealthy.
14. How does Munson say he will get downtown?
(a) In his own car.
(b) Only in a police cruiser.
(c) On the bus.
(d) In Stephanie's car.
15. Why does Lula offer to help Stephanie get Munson?
(a) She likes to deal with difficult clients.
(b) She is angry at Munson for being difficult.
(c) She is worried for Stepanie's safety.
(d) She thinks of herself as a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom are Mitchell and Habib looking?
2. Why will it be difficult for Stephanie to receive credit for Lenny Dale?
3. At what age is Stephanie relieved of her virginity?
4. What kind of car does Uncle Sandor have?
5. What does Ranger do before leaving Stephanie?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)