|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Stephanie known Joe Morelli?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year or two.
(d) Since she was seven.
2. Where is the fully loaded gun in Stephanie's place?
(a) In the flour bin in a plastic bag.
(b) In the cookie drawer.
(c) In the toilet tank in a plastic bag.
(d) Under the mattress.
3. Of what does Munson accuse Stephanie?
(a) Of expecting him to go in meekly.
(c) Of behaving like all women.
(d) Of coming after an innocent man.
4. Who is Stephanie waiting for at the opening of the Prologue?
(a) The judge to call her case.
(b) One of two men that she finds most intriguing.
(c) Her mother at the dentist.
(d) No one.
5. Why does Stephanie take Bob with her to work?
(a) He howls when she starts to leave the apartment.
(b) To drop it off to get a bath.
(c) To ask someone else to watch it.
(d) To show Vinnie.
6. Why does Ranger miss court?
(a) He needs to be looking for someone and can't if he is in jail.
(b) He was being held against his will.
(c) He was very ill.
(d) He does not think the presiding judge will be fair.
7. Why is Stephanie watching Bob?
(a) In exchange for Stephanie trying to convince Ranger to talk to Bob.
(b) In exchange for Brian's not pressing charges against Carol.
(c) She wants to have a favor stored up from Bob in case she needs it.
(d) She loves dogs, especially Bob.
8. Who is sitting with Grandma when Stephanie goes to get ready for work?
(a) Stephanie's mother.
(b) No one.
9. Where does Stephanie go after dropping off Lula back at the office?
(a) To find Ranger.
(b) To shop at a bargain basement.
(c) To Hannibal's house.
(d) To check on whether her car is repairable.
10. What does Ranger do before leaving Stephanie?
(a) Gives her a gun.
(b) Gives her a jimmy tool for her job.
(c) Shows her where to aim to disable someone.
(d) Kisses her.
11. Who causes the fire in Stephanie's car?
(b) Mitchell and Habib.
12. What does Walter Dunphy invite Stephanie to do?
(a) Have a beer.
(b) See his snake collection.
(c) Play canasta.
(d) Watch Rocky and Bullwinkle.
13. What does Munson do in order to escape Stephanie this time?
(a) Sets her blouse afire.
(b) Ties her to the telephone pole.
(c) Handcuffs her to the fire escape.
(d) Blocks her car in the driveway.
14. Why do Stephanie and Grandma eat their pie before dinner?
(a) Stephanie had used the pie plate to cook the meatloaf in.
(b) Because they like it that they are different from others.
(c) Because life is uncertain.
(d) Because the neighbor comes by while Stephanie is cutting the pie earlier in the day.
15. How has Brian Simon tricked Stephanie?
(a) Bob is a pound dog that needed a home.
(b) Bob belongs to his ex-wife.
(c) He is not out of town.
(d) He has not tricked Stepanie.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom are Mitchell and Habib looking?
2. What does Ranger think is a possibility if he appears in public?
3. For what is Ranger arrested?
4. What does Joe ask Stephanie to do?
5. Who pulls Stephanie into the elevator the next morning as she goes to buy a newspaper?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)