|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stephanie go back to the Ramos townhouse?
(a) She has a dream.
(b) She left her book on the ground under the tree.
(c) She cannot sleep.
(d) She is hoping to encounter Ranger.
2. What shocks Stephanie when the senior Ramos greets Hannibal?
(a) The senior Ramos slaps Hannibal in the head.
(b) Hannibal slaps the senior Ramos on the cheek.
(c) Hannibal shoves Ramos off the steps.
(d) The senior Ramos shoves Hannibal off the steps.
3. What is Stephanie's mother's worst fear?
(a) That Stephanie will never marry.
(b) That there is no God.
(c) That Stephanie is a nymphomaniac.
(d) That the repbublicans will take the Oval Office.
4. To whom does Vinnie threaten to give Ranger's file?
(a) He threatens to take it himself and fire Stephanie.
(b) Joyce Barnhardt, Stephanie's archenemy.
(c) No one; he has no one else to do the case.
(d) The undercover cops.
5. Who pulls Stephanie into the elevator the next morning as she goes to buy a newspaper?
(d) Mitchell and Habib.
6. What stipulation does Ranger place on the task he asks Stephanie to do?
(a) That she carry a gun to return fire.
(b) That she do so without getting shot at.
(c) That she calls him whenever she is shot at.
(d) That she keep her life insurance policy paid up.
7. What happens after Ranger leaves Homer?
(a) Someone kills Homer.
(b) Someone tries to kill Ranger.
(c) Ranger sets a fire to the warehouse.
(d) Someone kills Homer's siser.
8. What does Stephanie ask Vinnie to do for Moon Man?
(a) Have him arrested.
(b) Bond him out again.
(c) Lend him some files.
(d) Take his car for his bond.
9. Where does Stephanie go after dropping off Lula back at the office?
(a) To check on whether her car is repairable.
(b) To shop at a bargain basement.
(c) To Hannibal's house.
(d) To find Ranger.
10. What changes Joe's mirth to concern when he finds Stephanie's grandmother at the apartment?
(a) When Stephanie starts crying.
(b) When the grandmother tries to make Joe leave.
(c) When Stephanie tells him her grandmother is dying.
(d) The fact that Stephanie will have to be on her best behavior.
11. What does Grandma like about dinner?
(a) The baked Parmesan eggplant.
(b) The turkey.
(c) The meatloaf.
(d) The fried chicken.
12. Who is Stephanie waiting for at the opening of the Prologue?
(a) Her mother at the dentist.
(b) No one.
(c) One of two men that she finds most intriguing.
(d) The judge to call her case.
13. Why do Mitchell and Habib think Stephanie is changing cars?
(a) To look wealthy.
(b) To confuse Munson.
(c) To throw Ranger off her trail.
(d) To confuse them.
14. Why does Stephanie take Bob with her to work?
(a) To drop it off to get a bath.
(b) He howls when she starts to leave the apartment.
(c) To ask someone else to watch it.
(d) To show Vinnie.
15. Why is Munson charged with a crime?
(a) He assaults his wife.
(b) He is mistaken for his twin brother.
(c) He assaults his mother.
(d) He is being set up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranger think is a possibility if he appears in public?
2. What does Ranger tell Stephanie about Mitchell and Habib?
3. Why doesn't Stephanie want to look for Ranger?
4. To what does Brian Simon agree?
5. What excuse does Stephanie offer Ramos for being in his back yard?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)