|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stephanie waiting for at the opening of the Prologue?
(a) The judge to call her case.
(b) One of two men that she finds most intriguing.
(c) Her mother at the dentist.
(d) No one.
2. What are Stephanie and Grandma doing when Brian arrives in the morning?
(a) Eating oatmeal.
(c) They are still asleep.
(d) Looking at apartment ads.
3. Who is sitting with Grandma when Stephanie goes to get ready for work?
(a) No one.
(c) Stephanie's mother.
4. To whom does Vinnie threaten to give Ranger's file?
(a) The undercover cops.
(b) He threatens to take it himself and fire Stephanie.
(c) Joyce Barnhardt, Stephanie's archenemy.
(d) No one; he has no one else to do the case.
5. What has Mooner brought Stephanie?
(c) A car.
(d) A joint.
6. Who is Ranger?
(a) Joe Morelli's best friend.
(b) The skip Vinnie offers Stephanie.
(c) A friend of Stephanie who works at a nearby State Park.
(d) Vinnie's brother-in-law.
7. Who causes the fire in Stephanie's car?
(a) Mitchell and Habib.
8. Why does Lula offer to help Stephanie get Munson?
(a) She thinks of herself as a hero.
(b) She is angry at Munson for being difficult.
(c) She likes to deal with difficult clients.
(d) She is worried for Stepanie's safety.
9. Who is Joe Morelli?
(a) Stephanie's brother-in-law.
(b) A cop in Trenton.
(c) The judge on Stephanie's court case.
(d) The bailbondsman for whom Stephanie works.
10. Why does Stephanie leave Munson?
(a) He puts a gun to his head and threatens suicide.
(b) He rams her car and pulls out a tire iron.
(c) He puts a gun to her head.
(d) He has a heart attack.
11. What does Grandma like about dinner?
(a) The turkey.
(b) The fried chicken.
(c) The baked Parmesan eggplant.
(d) The meatloaf.
12. How has Brian Simon tricked Stephanie?
(a) Bob belongs to his ex-wife.
(b) He is not out of town.
(c) He has not tricked Stepanie.
(d) Bob is a pound dog that needed a home.
13. It appears that Bob is part _____________ breed.
(a) Standard Poodle.
(b) Yellow Lab.
(c) Golden Retriever.
14. Why does Ranger miss court?
(a) He was very ill.
(b) He does not think the presiding judge will be fair.
(c) He needs to be looking for someone and can't if he is in jail.
(d) He was being held against his will.
15. Why is Munson charged with a crime?
(a) He is mistaken for his twin brother.
(b) He assaults his wife.
(c) He assaults his mother.
(d) He is being set up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Uncle Sandor have?
2. What does Ranger think is a possibility if he appears in public?
3. Who pulls Stephanie into the elevator the next morning as she goes to buy a newspaper?
4. Who is at Stephanie's front door while she is on the phone to her mother?
5. What is Stephanie's mother's worst fear?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)