Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
2. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
3. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
4. After the Soldier asks for a cigarette and is told there are none, the Officer tells him he will be getting what?
5. What does Pat say is a bluff?
Essay Topic 1
There is a sense of vaudeville or music hall.
Part 1) How is this play like a vaudeville or music hall show?
Part 2) What is the playwright's purpose for using this style?
Part 3) Is this stylistic choice successful? Why or why not?
Part 4) If you could change anything about this play, what would it be, and why?
Essay Topic 2
All of the characters are "prisoners."
Part 1) How is each character a "prisoner?"
Part 2) Are they able to escape? Why or why not?
Part 3) How are people prisoners in real life? How do these hostage situations in the story reflect real life?
Essay Topic 3
A sub-theme of the play is no matter who and what these people are and what they do to survive, patriotism in the name of Ireland is the one noble value they have in their lives.
Part 1) How does one know this is a sub-theme?
Part 2) How does this sub-theme reflect the beliefs of the characters in this play?
Part 3) Does this type of patriotism exist anywhere else in the world? If so, where and why? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)