|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
2. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
3. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
4. After the Soldier asks for a cigarette and is told there are none, the Officer tells him he will be getting what?
5. What does Pat say is a bluff?
Essay Topic 1
The play makes several points about religion.
Part 1) How is religion brought up in this play?
Part 2) What does this story say about religion? How does this reflect the centuries old tension between Ireland and England?
Part 3) Is there conflict between religion and patriotism? Why or why not? Does this type of conflict exist anywhere else in the world? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There is a sense of vaudeville or music hall.
Part 1) How is this play like a vaudeville or music hall show?
Part 2) What is the playwright's purpose for using this style?
Part 3) Is this stylistic choice successful? Why or why not?
Part 4) If you could change anything about this play, what would it be, and why?
Essay Topic 3
The play is filled with stereotypes.
Part 1) How is the play filled with stereotypes? What begins to break down these stereotypes?
Part 2) How are these stereotypes broken down? Why are they broken down?
Part 3) How are these stereotypes seen in real life? Is this a true reflection of real life? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)