Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
2. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
3. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
4. After the Soldier asks for a cigarette and is told there are none, the Officer tells him he will be getting what?
5. What does Pat say is a bluff?
Musical interludes and dark humor are repeated throughout the play.
Part 1) Describe two of these moments. Why do they take place?
Part 2) What is the overall purpose for these musical interludes and dark humor? Of what performance styles does this remind you? Why?
Part 3) Does this enhance the story? Why or why not? What is the playwright's purpose for using this music and humor?
Act 3, Part 2 is climactic.
Part 1) Describe this section. How is it climactic?
Part 2) What purpose does this section serve? How has the vaudeville feel of the play affected this climactic section?
Part 3) How does this climactic section relate to real life? What is the purpose of this?
There is tension between the various characters.
Part 1) Give two examples of tension. Why does this tension exist?
Part 2) How is this tension affected by the play's vaudeville style? Why?
Part 3) How does this tension imitate real life?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)