Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
2. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
3. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
4. After the Soldier asks for a cigarette and is told there are none, the Officer tells him he will be getting what?
5. What does Pat say is a bluff?
Essay Topic 1
Pat makes a comment about H-bombs.
Part 1) What is the comment that he makes? Why does he make this comment?
Part 2) How is this comment important to the play and the message sent by the playwright to the audience?
Part 3) What is the connection between this comment and the soldier's song at the end of the act? What is the purpose for this connection?
Essay Topic 2
The play makes several points about religion.
Part 1) How is religion brought up in this play?
Part 2) What does this story say about religion? How does this reflect the centuries old tension between Ireland and England?
Part 3) Is there conflict between religion and patriotism? Why or why not? Does this type of conflict exist anywhere else in the world? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The last scene contains sudden violence.
Part 1) Describe this sudden violence. Why is it so sudden?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this sudden violence? How does it support the theme?
Part 3) What message is sent to the audience through this violence?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)