|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
2. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
3. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
4. Why does Meg feel betrayed?
5. As Pat comments on how pretty Teresa is, what does Meg say?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom does the Soldier mistake Miss Gilchrist? Why?
2. What takes place in the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier?
3. About what does Pat sing?
4. With what does Princess Grace enter?
5. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
6. What is revealed about the Soldier?
7. What does the Soldier do when Teresa enters the room?
8. How do the other characters react, when Meg finishes her song?
9. With what does Teresa rush in?
10. What news does Monsewer have for Pat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of "prisoner" is discussed.
Part 1) Who are the prisoners in this story? How are they prisoners?
Part 2) How is this concept explored in this story? Why?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for exploring the concept of prisoner?
Essay Topic 2
Teresa is revealed as a humanist.
Part 1) How is she revealed as a humanist? What does her compassion foreshadow?
Part 2) How do Teresa's humanist views play into the tension of the play?
Part 3) What is the purpose for Teresa's character? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
The play's ultimate thematic point has to do with a universal human condition.
Part 1) What is this universal condition? How does it affect everyone?
Part 2) How have you, personally, been affected by this universal human condition?
Part 3) Do you agree with this theme? Why or why not?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)