Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
2. What takes place suddenly in this story?
3. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
4. This raucous comedy-drama tells the parallel stories of what two people?
5. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pat tell the Soldier about his situation?
2. What do Meg and Pat say about Monsewer's past?
3. How do Teresa and Meg feel about Monsewer?
4. About what does Pat sing?
5. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
6. How does Teresa act when she finds out the Officer did not give the Soldier the cigarettes? How does the Soldier respond?
7. What transitions into the first scene?
8. How do the other characters react, when Meg finishes her song?
9. Why is Monsewer playing the bagpipes?
10. What does Pat have to say about his first meeting with Monsewer?
Pat makes a comment about H-bombs.
Part 1) What is the comment that he makes? Why does he make this comment?
Part 2) How is this comment important to the play and the message sent by the playwright to the audience?
Part 3) What is the connection between this comment and the soldier's song at the end of the act? What is the purpose for this connection?
An historical point about Queen Victoria is made.
Part 1) What is the point? Why is it made?
Part 2) What does this story reveal about Ireland at the time of this play?
Part 3) How has this event created tension in Ireland? How has this event affected the Irish people as well as others around the world?
All of the characters are "prisoners."
Part 1) How is each character a "prisoner?"
Part 2) Are they able to escape? Why or why not?
Part 3) How are people prisoners in real life? How do these hostage situations in the story reflect real life?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)