|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
(a) He is an American.
(b) He is both anti-Irish and anti-British.
(c) He is actually French.
(d) He is both pro-Irish and pro-British.
2. What does the Soldier do when he looks at the paper?
(a) He screams.
(b) He rejoices at seeing his name.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He panics.
3. How do the others respond when the Soldier asks whether any of the others would let him free?
(a) No one will free him.
(b) Everyone says they would free him.
(c) No one responds.
(d) Teresa, alone, said she would free him.
4. How does the Soldier respond when Pat tells him he is a prisoner of war?
(a) He should not be a prisoner of war.
(b) You cannot shoot prisoners of war.
(c) There is no war.
(d) You cannot torture prisoners of war.
5. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
(a) She has always lived during war time.
(b) War never ends.
(c) The innocents whose lives were destroyed by that war.
(d) Her parents were killed during a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat tells a lengthy and frequently interrupted story about what?
2. What does Meg say about killing both soldiers?
3. As Meg makes crude jokes, what does Miss Gilchrist say?
4. While the Soldier is gone, what does Teresa do?
5. What does Teresa give the Soldier?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)