|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Meg makes crude jokes, what does Miss Gilchrist say?
(a) She would be smarter to spend her time cleaning her house instead of joking.
(b) She is rude and annoying.
(c) She needs to leave.
(d) She should be quiet.
2. How does Pat respond when the Officer asks if Teresa can be trusted?
(a) Pat is not sure she can be trusted.
(b) Pat hopes she can be trusted.
(c) Pat says she cannot be trusted.
(d) Pat assures him that she can be trusted.
3. How does the scene end?
(a) Teresa climbs out the window.
(b) Teresa leaves.
(c) They sing and dance together, and at the end of the song they go to bed.
(d) The Officer opens the door and finds Teresa in the room with the Soldier.
4. As Miss Gilchrist takes a drink to the Soldier, what does the Volunteer do?
(a) He tells her to give him the drink instead.
(b) He warns her to sit down and Pat says neither she nor Meg has the right to comment on his situation.
(c) He warns her to not get attached to the Soldier.
(d) He tells her to stay away from him.
5. What does Teresa do when she finds out that the Officer never gave the Soldier the cigarettes she brought?
(a) She curses.
(b) She goes to get him cigarettes.
(c) She argues with the Officer.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Irish prisoner in jail?
2. How does the Soldier respond when Pat tells him he is a prisoner of war?
3. Pat tells a lengthy and frequently interrupted story about what?
4. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer if he can go and do?
5. How old is the Soldier?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)