|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About which soldier is the article talking?
(a) A French soldier.
(b) The Irish one.
(c) An American soldier.
(d) The British one.
2. What do Meg and Miss Gilchrist tell Pat he needs to reconsider?
(a) What he charges for rent.
(b) His position.
(c) His haircut.
(d) His life.
3. What are the marchers doing?
(a) Playing with the children watching the parade.
(b) Dancing an Irish jig.
(c) Celebrating a day of independence from Great Britain.
(d) Protesting the execution of the imprisoned Irish soldier.
4. What does Teresa give the Soldier?
(a) A sacred medallion of the Virgin Mary.
(b) A hug.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A Bible.
5. What does the Soldier say about the members of the British Parliament?
(a) They are heartless.
(b) They are cruel.
(c) They are concerned with only the British cause.
(d) They are more into their own concerns and lives than anything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer if he can go and do?
2. Of what does Pat tell the Soldier he has no reason to fear?
3. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
4. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
5. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)