|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Teresa and the Soldier hear?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A clock strike in the town.
2. What does Pat say is a bluff?
(a) The imprisonment of the Soldier.
(b) The capturing of the Irish soldier.
(c) The article in the newspaper.
(d) The British threats to kills the Irish soldier.
3. How can the song by the Soldier be understood?
(a) As a a reference to his resentment, and British resentment in general, for all non-British.
(b) As a way to show that he has worth.
(c) As a reference to the influence of America on many in Europe.
(d) As a song of love for his Irish captors.
4. What does the Soldier say about dying?
(a) An Englishman can die with just as much courage as an Irishman.
(b) He does not want to die.
(c) He is afraid to die.
(d) He should not have to die.
5. Who did Teresa help when she was a child?
(a) A sad little boy.
(b) The other little girls.
(c) The nuns in the convent.
(d) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa do when she finds out that the Officer never gave the Soldier the cigarettes she brought?
2. What does Miss Gilchrist think about the Royal Family?
3. Describe the song the Soldier sings.
4. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
5. What does the Officer say when the Soldier says he does not know anything about the business done by the British?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)