|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Meg makes crude jokes, what does Miss Gilchrist say?
(a) She needs to leave.
(b) She is rude and annoying.
(c) She should be quiet.
(d) She would be smarter to spend her time cleaning her house instead of joking.
2. The Soldier speaks flirtatiously with Teresa, saying what?
(a) He hopes she is a good cook.
(b) He liked her dancing and that he hopes she cooked the food she brought.
(c) He thinks she is beautiful.
(d) She looks like an English maiden.
3. How can the song by the Soldier be understood?
(a) As a song of love for his Irish captors.
(b) As a a reference to his resentment, and British resentment in general, for all non-British.
(c) As a reference to the influence of America on many in Europe.
(d) As a way to show that he has worth.
4. What do Teresa and the Soldier hear?
(a) A scream.
(b) A clock strike in the town.
(c) A gunshot.
5. What does the Officer not want on the Soldier's conscience?
(a) Guilt for making Meg work.
(b) The memory of a poorly sung song.
(c) A less than satisfying meal.
(d) A mortal sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
2. What does the Soldier realize that he has in common with the Irish soldier?
3. What does the Soldier say about dying?
4. When Meg is finished, what is Pat's comment?
5. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)