|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
(a) Her parents were killed during a war.
(b) The innocents whose lives were destroyed by that war.
(c) War never ends.
(d) She has always lived during war time.
2. As Miss Gilchrist takes a drink to the Soldier, what does the Volunteer do?
(a) He warns her to sit down and Pat says neither she nor Meg has the right to comment on his situation.
(b) He tells her to give him the drink instead.
(c) He tells her to stay away from him.
(d) He warns her to not get attached to the Soldier.
3. How does the scene end?
(a) The Officer opens the door and finds Teresa in the room with the Soldier.
(b) Teresa leaves.
(c) Teresa climbs out the window.
(d) They sing and dance together, and at the end of the song they go to bed.
4. What does Meg say about killing both soldiers?
(a) It is the best option.
(b) It is cruel.
(c) It is the only thing that can be done.
(d) It will not do any good.
5. What crude comment does Meg make to Miss Gilchrist?
(a) Miss Gilchrist is only interested in worshipping Mulleady.
(b) Miss Gilchrist loves the Bible for its dirty stories.
(c) Miss Gilchrist only wants to be saved by Mulleady.
(d) Miss Gilchrist's only principle is her relationship with Mulleady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Soldier say about dying?
2. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
3. What are the marchers doing?
4. What does the Officer say when the Soldier says he does not know anything about the business done by the British?
5. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)