|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsewer remember when talking to the Soldier?
(a) Playing cricket as a boy.
(b) His time as a soldier.
(c) Dancing Irish jigs as a child.
(d) Learning to play the bagpipes.
2. Describe the song the Soldier sings.
(a) It is an ironic one about how happy he is to be British.
(b) It is an old Irish tune.
(c) It is an American rock and roll song.
(d) It is a song he wrote.
3. What does the Soldier try to convince Meg to ask the Officer?
(a) Why he was kidnapped.
(b) When he will be executed.
(c) When breakfast will be.
(d) If he will be freed.
4. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
(a) He is actually French.
(b) He is an American.
(c) He is both anti-Irish and anti-British.
(d) He is both pro-Irish and pro-British.
5. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
(a) They also think.
(b) They rush onstage to watch the parade.
(c) They ask him questions.
(d) They watch him think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
2. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
3. What does the Soldier do when he looks at the paper?
4. What does Monsewer do to the Soldier?
5. How can the song by the Soldier be understood?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)