|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Officer not want on the Soldier's conscience?
(a) A less than satisfying meal.
(b) A mortal sin.
(c) The memory of a poorly sung song.
(d) Guilt for making Meg work.
2. The Soldier speaks flirtatiously with Teresa, saying what?
(a) She looks like an English maiden.
(b) He liked her dancing and that he hopes she cooked the food she brought.
(c) He thinks she is beautiful.
(d) He hopes she is a good cook.
3. What does Teresa do when the Officer comes in?
(a) She hides under the bed.
(b) She hides behind the door.
(c) She climbs out the window.
(d) She hides in the closet.
4. As Miss Gilchrist takes a drink to the Soldier, what does the Volunteer do?
(a) He tells her to stay away from him.
(b) He warns her to sit down and Pat says neither she nor Meg has the right to comment on his situation.
(c) He warns her to not get attached to the Soldier.
(d) He tells her to give him the drink instead.
5. What do Princess Grace, Mulleady, and other tenants come in to do?
(a) To help the prisoner.
(b) To offer support.
(c) Try to catch a glimpse of the prisoner.
(d) To taunt the prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
2. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
3. How does the Soldier not want to ruin his time with Teresa?
4. What does Meg say about killing both soldiers?
5. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)