|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat tells a lengthy and frequently interrupted story about what?
(a) How he lost his leg.
(b) His life.
(c) How he became a caretaker.
(d) How he joined the IRA.
2. What does the Soldier say about dying?
(a) He is afraid to die.
(b) An Englishman can die with just as much courage as an Irishman.
(c) He does not want to die.
(d) He should not have to die.
3. Meg appears, looking for whom?
(a) Princess Grace.
(c) The Officer.
4. When Mulleady reads some of the article aloud, what does Pat say?
(a) It was written by an Irishman.
(b) It is disgusting.
(c) It should not be read to anyone.
(d) It is a disgrace.
5. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
(a) He will be freed.
(b) He will be a martyr.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) He is not going to be reprieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
2. What does Monsewer do to the Soldier?
3. What do Princess Grace, Mulleady, and other tenants come in to do?
4. What do Teresa and the Soldier hear?
5. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)