|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Soldier try to convince Meg to ask the Officer?
(a) If he will be freed.
(b) When breakfast will be.
(c) When he will be executed.
(d) Why he was kidnapped.
2. What does Meg say about killing both soldiers?
(a) It will not do any good.
(b) It is the best option.
(c) It is the only thing that can be done.
(d) It is cruel.
3. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
(a) He might have been looking for the bathroom.
(b) He is looking for his dinner.
(c) He might have been looking for away to escape.
(d) He is looking for a Bible.
4. While the Soldier is gone, what does Teresa do?
(a) She pours him a cup of tea.
(b) She runs back with the cigarettes.
(c) She brings him his dinner.
(d) She searches for him.
5. Over what do the characters argue?
(a) Which side is right.
(b) What to have for dinner.
(c) What should be done to the Irish prisoner.
(d) Why the Irish prisoner did what he did.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa do when she finds out that the Officer never gave the Soldier the cigarettes she brought?
2. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer if he can go and do?
3. What does Miss Gilchrist do when Pat makes jokes about the dirty parts of the Bible?
4. How does the Soldier respond when Pat tells him he is a prisoner of war?
5. What does the Soldier say about dying?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)