|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Meg and Miss Gilchrist tell Pat he needs to reconsider?
(a) His life.
(b) His haircut.
(c) What he charges for rent.
(d) His position.
2. What do Princess Grace, Mulleady, and other tenants come in to do?
(a) To help the prisoner.
(b) To offer support.
(c) Try to catch a glimpse of the prisoner.
(d) To taunt the prisoner.
3. What does Monsewer do to the Soldier?
(a) He interrogates him.
(b) He brings him dinner.
(c) He allows him out to go for a walk.
(d) He prays for him.
4. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
(a) Whether she will bring him his dinner.
(b) Where she is from.
(c) Whether she will bring him the tea.
(d) Why she is here.
5. Why can neither the Soldier or the Volunteer go?
(a) The Soldier is a prisoner, and the Volunteer does not want to take him anywhere.
(b) The Soldier is a prisoner, and the Volunteer is too lazy.
(c) The Soldier is a prisoner, and the Volunteer is on duty for another hour.
(d) The Soldier is on duty, and the Volunteer is a prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Soldier realize that he has in common with the Irish soldier?
2. As Meg makes crude jokes, what does Miss Gilchrist say?
3. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
4. What does the Soldier say he has done wrong?
5. What does the Officer do after Pat calls him?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)