|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa do as Pat sits on the bed?
(a) She yells as the mattress sinks onto her.
(b) She gasps from behind the door.
(c) She giggles from the closet.
(d) She peaks through the window.
2. What are the marchers doing?
(a) Dancing an Irish jig.
(b) Celebrating a day of independence from Great Britain.
(c) Protesting the execution of the imprisoned Irish soldier.
(d) Playing with the children watching the parade.
3. What does Teresa do when the Officer comes in?
(a) She hides behind the door.
(b) She hides in the closet.
(c) She hides under the bed.
(d) She climbs out the window.
4. What do the Officer and the Volunteer do as Pat, Meg and Miss Gilchrist sit, drink, sing, and bicker over whether Pat was a good soldier in the cause of the IRA?
(a) They join in the party.
(b) Stand guard over the Soldier.
(c) They leave to talk.
(d) They watch everyone.
5. About what does Meg taunt Pat?
(a) Having only one leg.
(b) Being angry and resentful of the young IRA soldiers.
(c) Having bad luck.
(d) Being a grumpy old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa do when she finds out that the Officer never gave the Soldier the cigarettes she brought?
2. What does the Soldier say he has done wrong?
3. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
4. What does Teresa give the Soldier?
5. How does the Soldier reply when Pat says he needs to sing something less patriotic?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)