|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Soldier speaks flirtatiously with Teresa, saying what?
(a) He liked her dancing and that he hopes she cooked the food she brought.
(b) He hopes she is a good cook.
(c) She looks like an English maiden.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful.
2. Why is the Irish prisoner in jail?
(a) He was acting as a spy.
(b) He did nothing.
(c) He shot a British police officer.
(d) He stole from the British government.
3. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer if he can go and do?
(a) See the rest of the house.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Out back to relieve himself.
(d) Get his own dinner.
4. What does Teresa do when she finds out that the Officer never gave the Soldier the cigarettes she brought?
(a) She goes to get him cigarettes.
(b) She curses.
(c) She argues with the Officer.
(d) She cries.
5. What does Princess Grace do as the Soldier and Miss Gilchrist argue over who he should pay attention to?
(a) She leads the prostitutes in a raunchy song about how they are queer and just the same as anybody else.
(b) She dances around the room.
(c) She sings a song about love and devotion.
(d) She leaves, with all of the prostitutes following her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Soldier do when he looks at the paper?
2. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
3. What does the Soldier say about the members of the British Parliament?
4. What does Miss Gilchrist think about the Royal Family?
5. How does the Soldier not want to ruin his time with Teresa?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)