|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the others respond when the Soldier asks whether any of the others would let him free?
(a) Everyone says they would free him.
(b) No one responds.
(c) Teresa, alone, said she would free him.
(d) No one will free him.
2. What crude comment does Meg make to Miss Gilchrist?
(a) Miss Gilchrist is only interested in worshipping Mulleady.
(b) Miss Gilchrist's only principle is her relationship with Mulleady.
(c) Miss Gilchrist only wants to be saved by Mulleady.
(d) Miss Gilchrist loves the Bible for its dirty stories.
3. Over what do the characters argue?
(a) Which side is right.
(b) Why the Irish prisoner did what he did.
(c) What should be done to the Irish prisoner.
(d) What to have for dinner.
4. As the parade passes, what does Miss Gilchrist do to the Soldier?
(a) She asks if he would like to watch the parade.
(b) She glares at him.
(c) She reads an article from a British paper to him.
(d) She prays for him.
5. What does Teresa give the Soldier?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A sacred medallion of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa do when she finds out that the Officer never gave the Soldier the cigarettes she brought?
2. What does Princess Grace do as the Soldier and Miss Gilchrist argue over who he should pay attention to?
3. While the Soldier is gone, what does Teresa do?
4. How does the Soldier not want to ruin his time with Teresa?
5. About which soldier is the article talking?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)