|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Irish prisoner in jail?
(a) He was acting as a spy.
(b) He shot a British police officer.
(c) He did nothing.
(d) He stole from the British government.
2. What does Monsewer remember when talking to the Soldier?
(a) Dancing Irish jigs as a child.
(b) His time as a soldier.
(c) Playing cricket as a boy.
(d) Learning to play the bagpipes.
3. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
(a) He is innocent.
(b) He will be a martyr.
(c) He will be freed.
(d) He is not going to be reprieved.
4. As the parade passes, what does Miss Gilchrist do to the Soldier?
(a) She glares at him.
(b) She prays for him.
(c) She asks if he would like to watch the parade.
(d) She reads an article from a British paper to him.
5. What crude comment does Meg make to Miss Gilchrist?
(a) Miss Gilchrist only wants to be saved by Mulleady.
(b) Miss Gilchrist is only interested in worshipping Mulleady.
(c) Miss Gilchrist loves the Bible for its dirty stories.
(d) Miss Gilchrist's only principle is her relationship with Mulleady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Gilchrist think about the Royal Family?
2. What does Meg say about killing both soldiers?
3. What does the Officer say when the Soldier says he does not know anything about the business done by the British?
4. What do Meg and Miss Gilchrist tell Pat he needs to reconsider?
5. Of what does Pat tell the Soldier he has no reason to fear?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)