|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Soldier say about dying?
(a) He does not want to die.
(b) He is afraid to die.
(c) He should not have to die.
(d) An Englishman can die with just as much courage as an Irishman.
2. As Meg makes crude jokes, what does Miss Gilchrist say?
(a) She needs to leave.
(b) She should be quiet.
(c) She is rude and annoying.
(d) She would be smarter to spend her time cleaning her house instead of joking.
3. About which soldier is the article talking?
(a) The British one.
(b) A French soldier.
(c) The Irish one.
(d) An American soldier.
4. What does the Soldier ask Teresa to do?
(b) Bring him his dinner.
(d) Never come back.
5. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
(a) He is both pro-Irish and pro-British.
(b) He is an American.
(c) He is actually French.
(d) He is both anti-Irish and anti-British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Soldier do when he looks at the paper?
2. What do the Officer and the Volunteer do as Pat, Meg and Miss Gilchrist sit, drink, sing, and bicker over whether Pat was a good soldier in the cause of the IRA?
3. What does the Officer not want on the Soldier's conscience?
4. What will happen if the Irish soldier is executed?
5. What does the Officer think Meg is there to do?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)