|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa do after the Officer and Pat go outside?
(a) She comes out from under the bed.
(b) She comes in through the window.
(c) She comes out of the closet.
(d) She comes from behind the door.
2. What does the Officer do after Pat calls him?
(a) He tells Pat to stay quiet.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He takes the Soldier out.
(d) He orders an escort for the Soldier.
3. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
(a) He will be freed.
(b) He is innocent.
(c) He is not going to be reprieved.
(d) He will be a martyr.
4. While the Soldier is gone, what does Teresa do?
(a) She runs back with the cigarettes.
(b) She searches for him.
(c) She pours him a cup of tea.
(d) She brings him his dinner.
5. What does the Officer not want on the Soldier's conscience?
(a) A mortal sin.
(b) A less than satisfying meal.
(c) Guilt for making Meg work.
(d) The memory of a poorly sung song.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Soldier speaks flirtatiously with Teresa, saying what?
2. How does the Soldier not want to ruin his time with Teresa?
3. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
4. How does the Soldier reply when Pat says he needs to sing something less patriotic?
5. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)