|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meg tearfully tell him?
(a) She hopes Monsewer sells it.
(b) She would also like it to be their home again.
(c) She tries to keep the home tidy.
(d) She may be a prostitute but she is still a patriot.
2. What does Meg tell Teresa about Monswer?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is a great man.
(c) He is a strange man.
(d) He is a horrible man.
3. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
(c) His room.
(d) His dinner.
4. What do Pat and Meg talk briefly about when Monsewer leaves?
(a) The boarding house's expenses.
(b) The prostitutes in the house.
(c) How well he runs the house.
(d) One of the tenants Monsewer brought into the house.
5. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
(b) She can have whatever she wants.
(c) She will not be put in jail.
(d) She will not be charged rent the next month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat promise to sing?
2. Who is playing the bagpipes?
3. What is Miss Gilchrist heard doing?
4. As Pat comments on how pretty Teresa is, what does Meg say?
5. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier?
2. What happens when gunshots are heard?
3. What do Pat, Meg, and Miss Gilchrist do, while the Officer and the Volunteer stand guard over the Soldier?
4. What happens when Mulleady asks about the shirts Meg was to have laundered?
5. What happens when Meg sees Teresa?
6. With what does Princess Grace enter?
7. How does Teresa act when she finds out the Officer did not give the Soldier the cigarettes? How does the Soldier respond?
8. What story does Pat tell, after the Soldier demands to know what he did to deserve this treatment?
9. What is revealed about Teresa in this scene?
10. What does Miss Gilchrist do for the Soldier?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)