|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
(a) The IRA leadership.
(b) The English.
(c) The police.
(d) The French.
2. Why does Meg feel betrayed?
(a) After all she has done for him, he turns out to be a spy.
(b) After everything she said and did to defend Mulleady when he ran away with the church funds.
(c) She has covered his rent before and does not want to do it again.
(d) She wanted to meet the prisoner first.
3. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
4. Why does Meg tell Teresa to stop thinking about this person's fate?
(a) She does not want to think about his fate.
(b) There is no need to mourn him before it becomes necessary.
(c) She does not care about this person.
(d) It will only make her worry more.
5. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(a) Gun shots.
(d) Violence, music, and humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the caretakers?
2. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
3. What ironic comment does Pat make, regarding what Monsewar has told him?
4. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
5. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Monsewer playing the bagpipes?
2. What takes place in the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier?
3. With what does Princess Grace enter?
4. What does Monsewer think about the Irish soldier's predicament?
5. How does the scene end?
6. How does Miss Gilchrist respond when the others angrily ask her about her name?
7. What do Meg and Pat say about money?
8. What news does Monsewer have for Pat?
9. What story does Pat tell, after the Soldier demands to know what he did to deserve this treatment?
10. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)