|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat sing?
(a) A dramatic song about the IRA.
(b) A love song to Ireland.
(c) A lament about a laughing soldier killed for the Irish cause.
(d) A humorous song about England.
2. What does Pat promise to sing?
(a) A beautiful ballad.
(b) An Irish folk song.
(c) A funny song.
(d) A raunchy pub song.
3. How does Miss Gilchrist respond to angry inquiries about what her name means?
(a) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a message from Christ.
(b) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a daughter of Christ.
(c) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a servant of Christ.
(d) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a gift of Christ.
4. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Monsewer's kidnapping plan is a good one.
(b) Whether the British will take them hostage.
(c) Whether Monsewer's leaving is a good choice.
(d) Whether the Irish Soldier should be staying here.
5. About what does Pat sing?
(a) How he wonders what life is like outside of Ireland.
(b) How wonderful the Brits are.
(c) How he wishes he were an Irishman.
(d) How strong the IRA once was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
2. This person who will soon be arriving is what?
3. How does Pat say he lost his leg?
4. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
5. Monsewer comes in, checking with Pat to make sure about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meg respond to Pat's comment about the house being little more than a brothel? How does he reassure her?
2. When Meg returns, about what do she and Pat argue?
3. How does Meg react to Princess Grace's news? How do the others respond?
4. What do Meg and Pat say about Monsewer's past?
5. What does Monsewer want to do with the Soldier? To what does this lead?
6. What does Pat have to say about his first meeting with Monsewer?
7. Who does Miss Gilchrist want to leave with her? Why can this character not leave?
8. What happens when Mulleady asks about the shirts Meg was to have laundered?
9. How does Miss Gilchrist respond when the others angrily ask her about her name?
10. What happens when Meg sees Teresa?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)