|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat comes back in with Monsewer and Meg tells him what?
(a) That dinner is ready.
(b) What is happening to the Irish prisoner.
(c) That the prisoner's room is prepared.
(d) What is happening to the British prisoner.
2. After a brief argument what does Mulleady do?
(a) He refolds his shirts.
(b) He gets a shirt from Meg.
(c) He goes to buy a new shirt.
(d) He goes without his shirt.
3. As Pat comments on how pretty Teresa is, what does Meg say?
(a) He should leave Teresa alone.
(b) He would be better off not looking at Teresa.
(c) He sould keep his thoughts to himself.
(d) He would say she would look like a whore if he was drunk.
4. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
(a) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the Irish Republican Army and the British government.
(b) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the United States and the Nazi party.
(c) The property for which they care is under investigation.
(d) They are breaking the law.
5. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
(a) He reprimands her for being greedy.
(b) He takes the money from her.
(c) He tells her to return the money immediately.
(d) He indicates that the sailor should follow her into her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing the bagpipes?
2. Pat salutes him, sees he has something important to talk about, and tells Meg to do what?
3. About what does Pat sing?
4. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
5. How does Pat try to reassure her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Miss Gilchrist want to leave with her? Why can this character not leave?
2. How does the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier end?
3. How does Pat feel about the way that Meg talks to him?
4. What happens when gunshots are heard?
5. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
6. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer? What is the Volunteer's response?
7. How does Meg respond to Pat's comment about the house being little more than a brothel? How does he reassure her?
8. When Meg returns, about what do she and Pat argue?
9. How does the play end?
10. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)