|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This story explores themes relating to what?
(a) Sin and degradation.
(b) The war between the IRA and the British.
(c) Compassion and love.
(d) The nature of imprisonment, preconception, and honor.
2. Who are the caretakers?
(a) Teresa and Pat.
(b) Monsewer and Teresa.
(c) Meg and Teresa.
(d) Meg and Pat.
3. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
(a) The property for which they care is under investigation.
(b) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the United States and the Nazi party.
(c) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the Irish Republican Army and the British government.
(d) They are breaking the law.
4. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
(a) He is a stranger.
(b) He is a member of the IRA.
(c) He is a Pole.
(d) He is a Communist.
5. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
(a) Keep dancing.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Get his room ready.
(d) Stop dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat sing?
2. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
3. About what else do Meg and Pat argue?
4. Why had Teresa left a convent?
5. What do Pat and Meg talk briefly about when Monsewer leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the boarding house?
2. How does Meg react when the Soldier describes their situation as war?
3. How does the play end?
4. For whom does the Soldier mistake Miss Gilchrist? Why?
5. What does Pat have to say about his first meeting with Monsewer?
6. What takes place while Teresa is under the bed?
7. How does the scene end?
8. What do Meg and Pat think about the treaty that was signed?
9. About what does Pat sing?
10. About what is the article? How do the various characters react?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)