|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She can have whatever she wants.
(b) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
(c) She will not be charged rent the next month.
(d) She will not be put in jail.
2. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
(a) Sings a song about how good it is to be on earth.
(b) Sings an Irish tune.
(c) Dances an Irish jig.
(d) Says, "Long live the Queen!"
3. What is Monsewer doing as he comes in?
(a) Blowing the first few notes of his song on the bagpipes.
(b) Asking about the room being prepared for the soldier.
(c) Arguing with Meg over the dinner menu.
(d) Singing a sad lament.
4. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
5. What does Teresa promise?
(a) To work hard and be serious.
(b) To leave.
(c) To do her job.
(d) To listen to Pat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
2. After a brief argument what does Mulleady do?
3. What do Meg and Pat say Monsewer studied?
4. What takes place suddenly in this story?
5. As the IRA officer inspects the books, what does he say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier?
2. Why does Meg appear? What does the Officer think of this?
3. What takes place while Teresa is under the bed?
4. How does Meg respond to Pat's comment about the house being little more than a brothel? How does he reassure her?
5. What happens when Meg sees Teresa?
6. What does Monsewer want to do with the Soldier? To what does this lead?
7. What is this play about?
8. How does Meg react to Princess Grace's news? How do the others respond?
9. What story does Pat tell, after the Soldier demands to know what he did to deserve this treatment?
10. What do the characters say about the Bible and Miss Gilchrist's faith?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)