|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they do when music comes on the radio?
(a) They dance.
(b) They sing.
(c) They turn off the radio.
(d) They laugh.
2. How did Monsewer choose his title?
(a) He wanted to sound sophisticated.
(b) He wanted nothing to do with anything English such as the title "mister."
(c) He wishes he were French.
(d) He grew tired of his name.
3. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
(a) She sits on the couch.
(b) She kneels down to pray.
(c) She begins to laugh.
(d) She leaves.
4. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
(a) He does not want to leave.
(b) He has not paid his rent.
(c) His things are still in his room.
(d) He works at the house.
5. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
(a) To get away from the others.
(b) To discuss plans for housing the prisoner.
(c) To discuss Meg and Teresa.
(d) To retrieve the prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she is gone, what does Monsewer tell Pat?
2. As the IRA officer inspects the books, what does he say?
3. What do Meg and Pat say Monsewer studied?
4. Pat salutes him, sees he has something important to talk about, and tells Meg to do what?
5. Monsewer comes in, checking with Pat to make sure about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Meg and Pat say about Monsewer's past?
2. What happens when Meg sees Teresa?
3. How does Pat feel about the way that Meg talks to him?
4. With what does Teresa rush in?
5. What happens when Mulleady asks about the shirts Meg was to have laundered?
6. What does Pat tell Teresa to do? How will he reward her? How does she respond?
7. Why is Monsewer playing the bagpipes?
8. What transitions into the first scene?
9. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
10. What do Pat, Meg, and Miss Gilchrist do, while the Officer and the Volunteer stand guard over the Soldier?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)