|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
(a) The IRA leadership.
(b) The police.
(c) The English.
(d) The French.
2. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
(a) For being unkind to him.
(b) For not paying his rent.
(c) For telling on him.
(d) For entering the room before him.
3. What does Pat say about the tenants' money?
(a) It is good no matter who or what they are.
(b) It is no good.
(c) It does not cover the expenses of the boarding house.
(d) It is only good when rent is paid in full.
4. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
(a) When they are destroyed by the H-bomb.
(b) When they die.
(c) When they move to England.
(d) When they choose peace.
5. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(a) Violence, music, and humor.
(b) Gun shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as a transition into the first scene?
2. Who are the caretakers?
3. What does Meg tell Teresa about Monswer?
4. What is revealed about Meg?
5. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is this play about?
2. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
3. How does Meg react when the Soldier describes their situation as war?
4. How does Miss Gilchrist respond when the others angrily ask her about her name?
5. How did Monsewer come about his name?
6. How does Teresa act when she finds out the Officer did not give the Soldier the cigarettes? How does the Soldier respond?
7. What happens when gunshots are heard?
8. How does the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier end?
9. What does Miss Gilchrist do for the Soldier?
10. Of what does the Soldier try to convince Meg?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)