|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pat comments on how pretty Teresa is, what does Meg say?
(a) He should leave Teresa alone.
(b) He sould keep his thoughts to himself.
(c) He would be better off not looking at Teresa.
(d) He would say she would look like a whore if he was drunk.
2. When he is finished, he and Meg talk further about what?
(a) How horrible a place England must be.
(b) How beautiful Ireland is.
(c) How strong and powerful is the IRA.
(d) How the IRA continued to fight even after the treaty was signed.
3. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
(a) They are breaking the law.
(b) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the United States and the Nazi party.
(c) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the Irish Republican Army and the British government.
(d) The property for which they care is under investigation.
4. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
(a) A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
(b) A good man is hard to find.
(c) A leopard cannot change its spots.
(d) A noble cause must be served by noble men.
5. Of what is Monsewer the owner?
(a) A large hotel.
(b) A pub.
(c) A boarding house.
(d) A restaurant and bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Meg and Teresa enter the scene at this point?
2. What bad pun does Teresa make?
3. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
4. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
5. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom does the Soldier mistake Miss Gilchrist? Why?
2. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer? What is the Volunteer's response?
3. What do Meg and Pat say about Monsewer's past?
4. For what does the Soldier ask? Does he get it? Why or why not?
5. With what does Teresa rush in?
6. How does Meg respond to Pat's comment about the house being little more than a brothel? How does he reassure her?
7. How does Meg react when the Soldier describes their situation as war?
8. What does Pat tell the Soldier about his situation?
9. What happens when gunshots are heard?
10. What does the Soldier do when Teresa enters the room?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)