|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
(a) To get away from the others.
(b) To discuss plans for housing the prisoner.
(c) To discuss Meg and Teresa.
(d) To retrieve the prisoner.
2. What is Monsewer doing as he comes in?
(a) Arguing with Meg over the dinner menu.
(b) Blowing the first few notes of his song on the bagpipes.
(c) Singing a sad lament.
(d) Asking about the room being prepared for the soldier.
3. How does Pat say he lost his leg?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a soldier.
(c) He had it amputated after an infection.
(d) In an automobile accident.
4. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
(b) His dinner.
(c) His room.
5. On what does Pat insist from the officer?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) An award.
(c) A bonus check.
(d) Rent in advance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
2. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
3. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
4. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
5. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does the Soldier ask? Does he get it? Why or why not?
2. How does Meg react to Princess Grace's news? How do the others respond?
3. What does Pat tell Teresa to do? How will he reward her? How does she respond?
4. Who does Miss Gilchrist want to leave with her? Why can this character not leave?
5. Why does Meg appear? What does the Officer think of this?
6. What is revealed about Teresa in this scene?
7. What do Meg and Pat say about Monsewer's past?
8. What is revealed about the boarding house?
9. What transitions into the first scene?
10. How does Miss Gilchrist respond when the others angrily ask her about her name?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)