|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meg act towards Miss Gilchrist, when trying to get her to leave?
(a) She screams at her.
(b) She swears and speaks crudely.
(c) She forcefully pushes her out.
(d) She ignores her.
2. About what does Pat sing?
(a) How strong the IRA once was.
(b) How wonderful the Brits are.
(c) How he wonders what life is like outside of Ireland.
(d) How he wishes he were an Irishman.
3. How does Pat try to reassure her?
(a) Saying he knows Monsewer will sell it soon.
(b) Saying it will be their home again soon.
(c) Saying she is nothing like the merciless prostitutes and thieves he really meant.
(d) Saying she is a good housekeeper.
4. What does the officer do when Pat says he needs to go out to get the money before he will allow the prisoner to stay?
(a) He reaches for his gun.
(b) He runs out the door.
(c) He leaves to get the money.
(d) He shoves Pat.
5. As the IRA officer inspects the books, what does he say?
(a) If her had his way, this home would be destroyed.
(b) If he had his way, the prisoner would stay here.
(c) If he had his way, the prisoner would be going to another house.
(d) If he had his way, he would stay here without the prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa promise?
2. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
3. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
4. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
5. This person who will soon be arriving is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier end?
2. What does Pat have to say about his first meeting with Monsewer?
3. What is revealed about Teresa in this scene?
4. For whom does the Soldier mistake Miss Gilchrist? Why?
5. What happens when gunshots are heard?
6. What is revealed about the boarding house?
7. What do the characters say about the Bible and Miss Gilchrist's faith?
8. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
9. With what does Teresa rush in?
10. What do Meg and Pat say about Monsewer's past?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)