|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monsewer go out after hearing this news?
2. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
(a) He should be fed.
(b) He should be hanged.
(c) He should be put in a smaller cell.
(d) He should be shown mercy.
3. What does Meg say to Mulleady's complaint?
(a) He can fold his own shirts next time.
(b) Stop complaining or else she will ask for the rent money he owes.
(c) He should go buy new shirts.
(d) She could not help it that his shirts became discolored or torn.
4. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She is jealous.
5. About what does Pat sing?
(a) How he wishes he were an Irishman.
(b) How wonderful the Brits are.
(c) How he wonders what life is like outside of Ireland.
(d) How strong the IRA once was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
2. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
3. How does Pat say he lost his leg?
4. What does Pat promise to sing?
5. When he is finished, he and Meg talk further about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does the Soldier try to convince Meg?
2. What happens when gunshots are heard?
3. What story does Pat tell, after the Soldier demands to know what he did to deserve this treatment?
4. What is revealed about Teresa in this scene?
5. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
6. How do Teresa and Meg feel about Monsewer?
7. What happens when music comes on the radio? How do the characters' actions change when the British soldier enters?
8. About what is the article? How do the various characters react?
9. What does Miss Gilchrist do for the Soldier?
10. What does the Soldier do when Teresa enters the room?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)