|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
(a) To discuss Meg and Teresa.
(b) To discuss plans for housing the prisoner.
(c) To retrieve the prisoner.
(d) To get away from the others.
2. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
(a) A good man is hard to find.
(b) A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
(c) A noble cause must be served by noble men.
(d) A leopard cannot change its spots.
3. How did Monsewer choose his title?
(a) He wishes he were French.
(b) He grew tired of his name.
(c) He wanted nothing to do with anything English such as the title "mister."
(d) He wanted to sound sophisticated.
4. What does Pat say about the tenants' money?
(a) It does not cover the expenses of the boarding house.
(b) It is only good when rent is paid in full.
(c) It is no good.
(d) It is good no matter who or what they are.
5. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
(a) The will of the IRA is not strong enough.
(b) They will be too powerful.
(c) The British will not be able to overpower them.
(d) Their weapons are outdated.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
2. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
3. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
4. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
5. How does the story begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does the Soldier ask? Does he get it? Why or why not?
2. What happens when gunshots are heard?
3. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
4. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
5. About what is the article? How do the various characters react?
6. What do Pat and Meg think about the kidnapping of the British soldier?
7. How do Teresa and Meg feel about Monsewer?
8. Why does Meg appear? What does the Officer think of this?
9. When Meg returns, about what do she and Pat argue?
10. What takes place in the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)