|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She will not be charged rent the next month.
(b) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
(c) She will not be put in jail.
(d) She can have whatever she wants.
2. How does Monsewer go out after hearing this news?
3. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
(a) They are members of the secret police.
(b) They are all rebels on the run from the British authorities.
(c) They are all prostitutes and degenarates.
(d) They are all British spies.
4. How does Miss Gilchrist respond to angry inquiries about what her name means?
(a) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a message from Christ.
(b) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a daughter of Christ.
(c) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a servant of Christ.
(d) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a gift of Christ.
5. About what does Mulleady complain, regarding his shirts?
(a) Meg has not given him back the shirts he gave her to be laundered.
(b) His shirts are all discolored or torn.
(c) Meg has not folded them properly.
(d) He has no new shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad pun does Teresa make?
2. What do Meg and Pat say drove Monsewer half mad?
3. What is Monsewer doing as he comes in?
4. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
5. How does Pat say he lost his leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meg respond to Pat's comment about the house being little more than a brothel? How does he reassure her?
2. How does Meg react to Princess Grace's news? How do the others respond?
3. About what is the article? How do the various characters react?
4. What does Pat tell Teresa to do? How will he reward her? How does she respond?
5. What does Monsewer think about the Irish soldier's predicament?
6. What does Pat have to say about his first meeting with Monsewer?
7. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer? What is the Volunteer's response?
8. What does Mulleady think about the Polish sailor? What is Pat's response?
9. How does Teresa act when she finds out the Officer did not give the Soldier the cigarettes? How does the Soldier respond?
10. Why does Meg appear? What does the Officer think of this?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)