|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Meg, Teresa and Mulleady discuss?
(a) How horrible the Officer is.
(b) How the Irish prisoner must be feeling.
(c) How Pat could go along with this plan.
(d) How the British prisoner must be feeling.
2. When he is finished, he and Meg talk further about what?
(a) How horrible a place England must be.
(b) How strong and powerful is the IRA.
(c) How the IRA continued to fight even after the treaty was signed.
(d) How beautiful Ireland is.
3. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(c) Gun shots.
(d) Violence, music, and humor.
4. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Monsewer's kidnapping plan is a good one.
(b) Whether the Irish Soldier should be staying here.
(c) Whether the British will take them hostage.
(d) Whether Monsewer's leaving is a good choice.
5. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She will not be put in jail.
(b) She will not be charged rent the next month.
(c) She can have whatever she wants.
(d) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the officer do when Pat says he needs to go out to get the money before he will allow the prisoner to stay?
2. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
3. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
4. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
5. What do Meg and Pat say drove Monsewer half mad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mulleady asks about the shirts Meg was to have laundered?
2. What do Meg and Pat say about money?
3. About what is the article? How do the various characters react?
4. What story does Teresa tell?
5. What is this play about?
6. Of what does the Soldier try to convince Meg?
7. How does Pat feel about the way that Meg talks to him?
8. What does Monsewer think about the Irish soldier's predicament?
9. What happens when Teresa enters the room?
10. How does Miss Gilchrist respond when the others angrily ask her about her name?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)