Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She kneels down to pray.
(c) She sits on the couch.
(d) She leaves.
2. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(a) Gun shots.
(c) Violence, music, and humor.
3. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She is shocked.
4. This raucous comedy-drama tells the parallel stories of what two people?
(a) Soldiers, one Irish and one British.
(b) Prostitutes, one Irish and one British.
(c) Caretakers, one Irish and one British.
(d) Soldiers, one American and one German.
5. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
2. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
3. About what else do Meg and Pat argue?
4. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
5. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pat tell the Soldier about his situation?
2. What do Meg and Pat say about Monsewer's past?
3. How do Teresa and Meg feel about Monsewer?
4. About what does Pat sing?
5. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
6. How does Teresa act when she finds out the Officer did not give the Soldier the cigarettes? How does the Soldier respond?
7. What transitions into the first scene?
8. How do the other characters react, when Meg finishes her song?
9. Why is Monsewer playing the bagpipes?
10. What does Pat have to say about his first meeting with Monsewer?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)