|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
(a) Dances an Irish jig.
(b) Sings a song about how good it is to be on earth.
(c) Sings an Irish tune.
(d) Says, "Long live the Queen!"
2. As the IRA officer inspects the books, what does he say?
(a) If her had his way, this home would be destroyed.
(b) If he had his way, the prisoner would be going to another house.
(c) If he had his way, the prisoner would stay here.
(d) If he had his way, he would stay here without the prisoner.
3. Why does Meg feel betrayed?
(a) She wanted to meet the prisoner first.
(b) After everything she said and did to defend Mulleady when he ran away with the church funds.
(c) She has covered his rent before and does not want to do it again.
(d) After all she has done for him, he turns out to be a spy.
4. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(a) Violence, music, and humor.
(c) Gun shots.
5. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
(a) To discuss Meg and Teresa.
(b) To discuss plans for housing the prisoner.
(c) To retrieve the prisoner.
(d) To get away from the others.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Pat sing?
2. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
3. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
4. What do they do when music comes on the radio?
5. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place while Teresa is under the bed?
2. With what does Teresa rush in?
3. For whom does the Soldier mistake Miss Gilchrist? Why?
4. What happens when music comes on the radio? How do the characters' actions change when the British soldier enters?
5. What does Monsewer think about the Irish soldier's predicament?
6. How does Meg respond to Pat's comment about the house being little more than a brothel? How does he reassure her?
7. What do Meg and Pat say about money?
8. Who does Miss Gilchrist want to leave with her? Why can this character not leave?
9. What is revealed about Mulleady and Meg in the beginning of this scene?
10. How did Monsewer come about his name?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)