|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
(a) They will allow anybody to live there.
(b) How annoying he is.
(c) How she purposely folded his shirts incorrectly.
(d) She is tired of her job.
2. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(c) Gun shots.
(d) Violence, music, and humor.
3. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
(a) For being unkind to him.
(b) For entering the room before him.
(c) For telling on him.
(d) For not paying his rent.
4. What does the officer do when Pat says he needs to go out to get the money before he will allow the prisoner to stay?
(a) He shoves Pat.
(b) He runs out the door.
(c) He reaches for his gun.
(d) He leaves to get the money.
5. How does the story begin?
(a) A narrator appears.
(b) Rock and roll music is heard.
(c) The actors dance an Irish jig.
(d) The actors walk solemnly onto the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
2. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
3. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
4. Monsewer comes in, checking with Pat to make sure about what?
5. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pat tell Teresa to do? How will he reward her? How does she respond?
2. What story does Pat tell, after the Soldier demands to know what he did to deserve this treatment?
3. With what does Teresa rush in?
4. What do Meg and Pat think about the treaty that was signed?
5. What does Pat tell the Soldier about his situation?
6. How does Teresa act when she finds out the Officer did not give the Soldier the cigarettes? How does the Soldier respond?
7. What happens when music comes on the radio? How do the characters' actions change when the British soldier enters?
8. About what is the article? How do the various characters react?
9. What do Meg and Pat say about money?
10. When Meg returns, about what do she and Pat argue?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)