|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
(a) Money is the best religion and the best form of politics.
(b) No amount of money can persuade them.
(c) They do not want his dirty money.
(d) Money means nothing when one is a Communist.
2. What do Meg and Teresa do when they see the British soldier in the doorway?
(a) They stop dancing.
(b) They run to him.
(c) They continue dancing.
(d) They scream.
3. What is the IRA?
(a) Irish Regency Army.
(b) Iranian Republican Army.
(c) Irish Republican Army.
(d) Iranian Ruling Army.
4. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
(a) He works at the house.
(b) He has not paid his rent.
(c) He does not want to leave.
(d) His things are still in his room.
5. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
(a) When they die.
(b) When they choose peace.
(c) When they are destroyed by the H-bomb.
(d) When they move to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
2. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
3. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
4. The Officer says the prisoner will be arriving soon but what?
5. What does Pat sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the boarding house?
2. What story does Pat tell, after the Soldier demands to know what he did to deserve this treatment?
3. With what does Princess Grace enter?
4. How does Meg react to Princess Grace's news? How do the others respond?
5. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer? What is the Volunteer's response?
6. What does Pat tell the Soldier about his situation?
7. What does the Soldier do when Teresa enters the room?
8. How does the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier end?
9. What does the Soldier do as he enters the scene?
10. For whom does the Soldier mistake Miss Gilchrist? Why?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)