|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad pun does Teresa make?
(a) She calls French bread, a bagette, a bagel.
(b) She calls a French cigarette, a Gauloise, a gollywog.
(c) She calls French fries, pommes frites, pomegranate fries.
(d) She calls French candy, bon bons, bonnie bons.
2. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
(a) His dinner.
(b) His room.
3. What does Pat promise to sing?
(a) A raunchy pub song.
(b) An Irish folk song.
(c) A beautiful ballad.
(d) A funny song.
4. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She kneels down to pray.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She sits on the couch.
5. What do Pat and Meg talk briefly about when Monsewer leaves?
(a) The prostitutes in the house.
(b) One of the tenants Monsewer brought into the house.
(c) The boarding house's expenses.
(d) How well he runs the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
2. What do Pat, Meg, and Monsewer discuss?
3. Who is playing the bagpipes?
4. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
5. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Monsewer think about the Irish soldier's predicament?
2. What takes place between the Soldier and Teresa when they are first alone?
3. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer? What is the Volunteer's response?
4. How does the scene end?
5. What is this play about?
6. How do the other characters react, when Meg finishes her song?
7. What takes place in the conversation between Teresa and the Soldier?
8. What is revealed about the boarding house?
9. For whom does the Soldier mistake Miss Gilchrist? Why?
10. What does Monsewer want to do with the Soldier? To what does this lead?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)