|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Meg is finished, what is Pat's comment?
(a) The song was beautiful.
(b) Can she sing a more optimistic tune.
(c) Is she done torturing them.
(d) The author of the play should have sung the song.
2. What does Teresa do as Pat sits on the bed?
(a) She giggles from the closet.
(b) She yells as the mattress sinks onto her.
(c) She gasps from behind the door.
(d) She peaks through the window.
3. What does Monsewer remember when talking to the Soldier?
(a) Learning to play the bagpipes.
(b) Playing cricket as a boy.
(c) His time as a soldier.
(d) Dancing Irish jigs as a child.
4. What kind of music is heard?
(b) Rock and roll.
5. What does Princess Grace do as the Soldier and Miss Gilchrist argue over who he should pay attention to?
(a) She leaves, with all of the prostitutes following her.
(b) She dances around the room.
(c) She leads the prostitutes in a raunchy song about how they are queer and just the same as anybody else.
(d) She sings a song about love and devotion.
6. What does the Officer demand?
(a) That the Soldier be shot.
(b) That Monsewer be taken out and says that nobody is to be allowed in from this point on.
(c) That Teresa leave the room.
(d) That he be left alone with the Soldier.
7. When Mulleady reads some of the article aloud, what does Pat say?
(a) It is disgusting.
(b) It was written by an Irishman.
(c) It should not be read to anyone.
(d) It is a disgrace.
8. Of what does Pat tell the Soldier he has no reason to fear?
(a) Being tortured.
(b) Being killed.
9. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
(a) War never ends.
(b) Her parents were killed during a war.
(c) The innocents whose lives were destroyed by that war.
(d) She has always lived during war time.
10. Pat tells a lengthy and frequently interrupted story about what?
(a) His life.
(b) How he joined the IRA.
(c) How he became a caretaker.
(d) How he lost his leg.
11. What does the Soldier realize that he has in common with the Irish soldier?
(a) They are from the same town.
(b) They are the same age.
(c) They are related.
(d) They are both Irish.
12. What does the Soldier do when he looks at the paper?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He screams.
(c) He rejoices at seeing his name.
(d) He panics.
13. About whom is the article?
(a) The military.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The IRA.
(d) The King.
14. How old is the Soldier?
15. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
(a) They also think.
(b) They ask him questions.
(c) They rush onstage to watch the parade.
(d) They watch him think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Meg and Miss Gilchrist tell Pat he needs to reconsider?
2. What does Teresa give the Soldier?
3. When Monsewer comes in with Pat, what are they discussing?
4. After the Soldier asks for a cigarette and is told there are none, the Officer tells him he will be getting what?
5. What will happen if the Irish soldier is executed?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)