|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa do when the Officer comes in?
(a) She hides in the closet.
(b) She hides under the bed.
(c) She hides behind the door.
(d) She climbs out the window.
2. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
(a) He might have been looking for the bathroom.
(b) He might have been looking for away to escape.
(c) He is looking for a Bible.
(d) He is looking for his dinner.
3. How does the scene end?
(a) They sing and dance together, and at the end of the song they go to bed.
(b) Teresa climbs out the window.
(c) Teresa leaves.
(d) The Officer opens the door and finds Teresa in the room with the Soldier.
4. Pat tells a lengthy and frequently interrupted story about what?
(a) How he joined the IRA.
(b) How he became a caretaker.
(c) How he lost his leg.
(d) His life.
5. What will happen if the Irish soldier is executed?
(a) The IRA will launch an attack on the British.
(b) The British soldier will be tortured.
(c) The British soldier will be shot.
(d) The British soldier will be freed.
6. How does the Soldier reply when Pat says he needs to sing something less patriotic?
(a) He cannot think of anything else.
(b) He only knows patriotic tunes.
(c) He does not want to sing anything else.
(d) He would rather not sing.
7. Over what do the characters argue?
(a) What should be done to the Irish prisoner.
(b) Which side is right.
(c) Why the Irish prisoner did what he did.
(d) What to have for dinner.
8. What does the Officer not want on the Soldier's conscience?
(a) A less than satisfying meal.
(b) The memory of a poorly sung song.
(c) Guilt for making Meg work.
(d) A mortal sin.
9. What does the Officer demand?
(a) That the Soldier be shot.
(b) That Monsewer be taken out and says that nobody is to be allowed in from this point on.
(c) That Teresa leave the room.
(d) That he be left alone with the Soldier.
10. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer if he can go and do?
(a) Get his own dinner.
(b) See the rest of the house.
(c) Out back to relieve himself.
(d) Go for a walk.
11. What does Miss Gilchrist think about the Royal Family?
(a) She wants to be a part of the family.
(b) She detests them.
(c) She is jealous of them.
(d) She is fond of them.
12. How do the others respond when the Soldier asks whether any of the others would let him free?
(a) No one will free him.
(b) No one responds.
(c) Teresa, alone, said she would free him.
(d) Everyone says they would free him.
13. Describe the song the Soldier sings.
(a) It is an American rock and roll song.
(b) It is an old Irish tune.
(c) It is an ironic one about how happy he is to be British.
(d) It is a song he wrote.
14. What does Teresa do as Pat sits on the bed?
(a) She yells as the mattress sinks onto her.
(b) She gasps from behind the door.
(c) She giggles from the closet.
(d) She peaks through the window.
15. What does Pat say is a bluff?
(a) The capturing of the Irish soldier.
(b) The article in the newspaper.
(c) The British threats to kills the Irish soldier.
(d) The imprisonment of the Soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the marchers doing?
2. As Pat offers the Volunteer and the Soldier a drink, what does the Soldier demand?
3. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
4. What does the Soldier say he has done wrong?
5. How can the song by the Soldier be understood?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)