|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
(a) The innocents whose lives were destroyed by that war.
(b) Her parents were killed during a war.
(c) She has always lived during war time.
(d) War never ends.
2. How does the Soldier respond when Pat tells him he is a prisoner of war?
(a) There is no war.
(b) He should not be a prisoner of war.
(c) You cannot torture prisoners of war.
(d) You cannot shoot prisoners of war.
3. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer if he can go and do?
(a) Get his own dinner.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Out back to relieve himself.
(d) See the rest of the house.
4. What will happen if the Irish soldier is executed?
(a) The British soldier will be freed.
(b) The British soldier will be shot.
(c) The British soldier will be tortured.
(d) The IRA will launch an attack on the British.
5. What kind of music is heard?
(b) Rock and roll.
6. What does the Soldier try to convince Meg to ask the Officer?
(a) Why he was kidnapped.
(b) If he will be freed.
(c) When he will be executed.
(d) When breakfast will be.
7. As the parade passes, what does Miss Gilchrist do to the Soldier?
(a) She reads an article from a British paper to him.
(b) She glares at him.
(c) She asks if he would like to watch the parade.
(d) She prays for him.
8. Meg appears, looking for whom?
(a) Princess Grace.
(c) The Officer.
9. What does Teresa do when the Officer comes in?
(a) She hides behind the door.
(b) She hides in the closet.
(c) She hides under the bed.
(d) She climbs out the window.
10. What does the Officer think Meg is there to do?
(a) Cook breakfast.
(b) Have sex with the Soldier.
(c) Clean the room.
(d) Sing a song.
11. What does Teresa give the Soldier?
(a) A sacred medallion of the Virgin Mary.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A hug.
(d) A crucifix.
12. What does the Officer demand?
(a) That the Soldier be shot.
(b) That he be left alone with the Soldier.
(c) That Monsewer be taken out and says that nobody is to be allowed in from this point on.
(d) That Teresa leave the room.
13. What does Meg say about killing both soldiers?
(a) It is the only thing that can be done.
(b) It is cruel.
(c) It will not do any good.
(d) It is the best option.
14. About what does the Soldier tease Teresa?
(a) Wanting to stay with him.
(b) Wanting to get caught.
(c) Wanting to hide.
(d) Wanting to jump out of the window.
15. About which soldier is the article talking?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) A French soldier.
(c) The British one.
(d) The Irish one.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Monsewer comes in with Pat, what are they discussing?
2. What does Princess Grace do as the Soldier and Miss Gilchrist argue over who he should pay attention to?
3. How does Pat respond when the Officer asks if Teresa can be trusted?
4. What does the Soldier ask Teresa to do?
5. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)