|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Soldier?
2. What kind of music is heard?
(b) Rock and roll.
3. Over what do the characters argue?
(a) Which side is right.
(b) What should be done to the Irish prisoner.
(c) Why the Irish prisoner did what he did.
(d) What to have for dinner.
4. As Pat offers the Volunteer and the Soldier a drink, what does the Soldier demand?
(a) To know how he will die.
(b) To know when he will die.
(c) To know what he did to deserve this treatment.
(d) To know why he cannot be freed.
5. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
(a) Why she is here.
(b) Where she is from.
(c) Whether she will bring him the tea.
(d) Whether she will bring him his dinner.
6. About what does Meg taunt Pat?
(a) Having bad luck.
(b) Having only one leg.
(c) Being a grumpy old man.
(d) Being angry and resentful of the young IRA soldiers.
7. What do Princess Grace, Mulleady, and other tenants come in to do?
(a) To offer support.
(b) Try to catch a glimpse of the prisoner.
(c) To taunt the prisoner.
(d) To help the prisoner.
8. What will happen if the Irish soldier is executed?
(a) The British soldier will be shot.
(b) The British soldier will be freed.
(c) The IRA will launch an attack on the British.
(d) The British soldier will be tortured.
9. What does Monsewer remember when talking to the Soldier?
(a) Dancing Irish jigs as a child.
(b) His time as a soldier.
(c) Playing cricket as a boy.
(d) Learning to play the bagpipes.
10. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
(a) They ask him questions.
(b) They also think.
(c) They watch him think.
(d) They rush onstage to watch the parade.
11. What does Teresa do when she finds out that the Officer never gave the Soldier the cigarettes she brought?
(a) She curses.
(b) She goes to get him cigarettes.
(c) She cries.
(d) She argues with the Officer.
12. What does the Soldier say about dying?
(a) An Englishman can die with just as much courage as an Irishman.
(b) He is afraid to die.
(c) He should not have to die.
(d) He does not want to die.
13. What does the Officer do after Pat calls him?
(a) He tells Pat to stay quiet.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He takes the Soldier out.
(d) He orders an escort for the Soldier.
14. While the Soldier is gone, what does Teresa do?
(a) She brings him his dinner.
(b) She searches for him.
(c) She runs back with the cigarettes.
(d) She pours him a cup of tea.
15. The Soldier speaks flirtatiously with Teresa, saying what?
(a) She looks like an English maiden.
(b) He liked her dancing and that he hopes she cooked the food she brought.
(c) He hopes she is a good cook.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Soldier realize that he has in common with the Irish soldier?
2. What does Meg say about killing both soldiers?
3. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
4. Why is the Irish prisoner in jail?
5. After the Soldier asks for a cigarette and is told there are none, the Officer tells him he will be getting what?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)