|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Officer say when the Soldier says he does not know anything about the business done by the British?
(a) Everyone knows about the business done by the British.
(b) He is not expected to know the business done by the British.
(c) He is a liar.
(d) He will learn shortly when he gets a bullet in the head.
2. What does the Officer demand?
(a) That the Soldier be shot.
(b) That Monsewer be taken out and says that nobody is to be allowed in from this point on.
(c) That he be left alone with the Soldier.
(d) That Teresa leave the room.
3. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
(a) War never ends.
(b) Her parents were killed during a war.
(c) She has always lived during war time.
(d) The innocents whose lives were destroyed by that war.
4. How does the scene end?
(a) Teresa climbs out the window.
(b) The Officer opens the door and finds Teresa in the room with the Soldier.
(c) Teresa leaves.
(d) They sing and dance together, and at the end of the song they go to bed.
5. About what does the Soldier tease Teresa?
(a) Wanting to stay with him.
(b) Wanting to hide.
(c) Wanting to jump out of the window.
(d) Wanting to get caught.
6. What does the Soldier ask Teresa to do?
(a) Never come back.
(d) Bring him his dinner.
7. How do the others respond when the Soldier asks whether any of the others would let him free?
(a) No one responds.
(b) Everyone says they would free him.
(c) Teresa, alone, said she would free him.
(d) No one will free him.
8. When Monsewer comes in with Pat, what are they discussing?
(a) What is for dinner.
(b) How well he plays the badpipes.
(c) When he will play the bagpipes again.
(d) How badly he played but that his playing will be better in the morning.
9. Who did Teresa help when she was a child?
(a) Her parents.
(b) A sad little boy.
(c) The other little girls.
(d) The nuns in the convent.
10. As Pat offers the Volunteer and the Soldier a drink, what does the Soldier demand?
(a) To know why he cannot be freed.
(b) To know how he will die.
(c) To know when he will die.
(d) To know what he did to deserve this treatment.
11. What do Teresa and the Soldier hear?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gunshot.
(d) A clock strike in the town.
12. What does Princess Grace do as the Soldier and Miss Gilchrist argue over who he should pay attention to?
(a) She leaves, with all of the prostitutes following her.
(b) She sings a song about love and devotion.
(c) She dances around the room.
(d) She leads the prostitutes in a raunchy song about how they are queer and just the same as anybody else.
13. How does the Soldier not want to ruin his time with Teresa?
(a) By talking about him.
(b) By listening to her talk.
(c) By arguing.
(d) By singing.
14. Of what does Pat tell the Soldier he has no reason to fear?
(b) Being killed.
(c) Being tortured.
15. What does Monsewer do to the Soldier?
(a) He prays for him.
(b) He interrogates him.
(c) He allows him out to go for a walk.
(d) He brings him dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Soldier say about the members of the British Parliament?
2. What story does Teresa tell?
3. Meg appears, looking for whom?
4. After the Soldier asks for a cigarette and is told there are none, the Officer tells him he will be getting what?
5. What does Monsewer remember when talking to the Soldier?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)