|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pat respond when the Officer asks if Teresa can be trusted?
(a) Pat says she cannot be trusted.
(b) Pat hopes she can be trusted.
(c) Pat is not sure she can be trusted.
(d) Pat assures him that she can be trusted.
2. About which soldier is the article talking?
(a) A French soldier.
(b) An American soldier.
(c) The British one.
(d) The Irish one.
3. What does the Soldier realize that he has in common with the Irish soldier?
(a) They are from the same town.
(b) They are the same age.
(c) They are both Irish.
(d) They are related.
4. What are the marchers doing?
(a) Playing with the children watching the parade.
(b) Celebrating a day of independence from Great Britain.
(c) Protesting the execution of the imprisoned Irish soldier.
(d) Dancing an Irish jig.
5. How does the Soldier not want to ruin his time with Teresa?
(a) By talking about him.
(b) By listening to her talk.
(c) By singing.
(d) By arguing.
6. What does the Officer not want on the Soldier's conscience?
(a) A less than satisfying meal.
(b) Guilt for making Meg work.
(c) The memory of a poorly sung song.
(d) A mortal sin.
7. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
(a) He will be freed.
(b) He is not going to be reprieved.
(c) He will be a martyr.
(d) He is innocent.
8. What crude comment does Meg make to Miss Gilchrist?
(a) Miss Gilchrist loves the Bible for its dirty stories.
(b) Miss Gilchrist is only interested in worshipping Mulleady.
(c) Miss Gilchrist only wants to be saved by Mulleady.
(d) Miss Gilchrist's only principle is her relationship with Mulleady.
9. About whom is the article?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The military.
(d) The IRA.
10. What do Teresa and the Soldier hear?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A clock strike in the town.
(c) A scream.
11. As the parade passes, what does Miss Gilchrist do to the Soldier?
(a) She prays for him.
(b) She glares at him.
(c) She reads an article from a British paper to him.
(d) She asks if he would like to watch the parade.
12. What does Miss Gilchrist do when Pat makes jokes about the dirty parts of the Bible?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She weeps as she speaks of her principles of compassion.
(c) She reprimands him for being so vulgar.
(d) She begins to read the Bible to him.
13. As Pat offers the Volunteer and the Soldier a drink, what does the Soldier demand?
(a) To know what he did to deserve this treatment.
(b) To know how he will die.
(c) To know why he cannot be freed.
(d) To know when he will die.
14. Meg appears, looking for whom?
(a) The Officer.
(d) Princess Grace.
15. What does Monsewer do to the Soldier?
(a) He brings him dinner.
(b) He prays for him.
(c) He interrogates him.
(d) He allows him out to go for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsewer remember when talking to the Soldier?
2. What does the Officer think Meg is there to do?
3. What does Teresa do after the Officer and Pat go outside?
4. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
5. About what does the Soldier tease Teresa?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)