Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
(a) He is both anti-Irish and anti-British.
(b) He is an American.
(c) He is both pro-Irish and pro-British.
(d) He is actually French.
2. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
(a) Why she is here.
(b) Whether she will bring him his dinner.
(c) Where she is from.
(d) Whether she will bring him the tea.
3. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She also was just dusting.
(c) Teresa is a sinner.
(d) Teresa did nothing wrong.
4. After the Soldier asks for a cigarette and is told there are none, the Officer tells him he will be getting what?
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) Bread and water.
5. What does Pat say is a bluff?
(a) The article in the newspaper.
(b) The capturing of the Irish soldier.
(c) The imprisonment of the Soldier.
(d) The British threats to kills the Irish soldier.
6. What do Meg and Miss Gilchrist tell Pat he needs to reconsider?
(a) What he charges for rent.
(b) His position.
(c) His haircut.
(d) His life.
7. How does the scene end?
(a) Teresa leaves.
(b) The Officer opens the door and finds Teresa in the room with the Soldier.
(c) Teresa climbs out the window.
(d) They sing and dance together, and at the end of the song they go to bed.
8. What does Teresa do when she finds out that the Officer never gave the Soldier the cigarettes she brought?
(a) She curses.
(b) She argues with the Officer.
(c) She cries.
(d) She goes to get him cigarettes.
9. About what is Meg's song?
(a) Irish rebels being attacked by the British in the way the Germans in World War II attacked the French.
(b) Regret and loneliness.
(c) Peace between the Irish and British.
(d) Love and compassion.
10. What do Teresa and the Soldier hear?
(a) A clock strike in the town.
(c) A scream.
(d) A gunshot.
11. What does Meg say about killing both soldiers?
(a) It will not do any good.
(b) It is the best option.
(c) It is the only thing that can be done.
(d) It is cruel.
12. While the Soldier is gone, what does Teresa do?
(a) She runs back with the cigarettes.
(b) She searches for him.
(c) She brings him his dinner.
(d) She pours him a cup of tea.
13. About whom is the article?
(a) The military.
(b) The IRA.
(c) The King.
(d) The Queen.
14. What does the Soldier ask Teresa to do?
(a) Never come back.
(d) Bring him his dinner.
15. Why can neither the Soldier or the Volunteer go?
(a) The Soldier is a prisoner, and the Volunteer does not want to take him anywhere.
(b) The Soldier is a prisoner, and the Volunteer is too lazy.
(c) The Soldier is a prisoner, and the Volunteer is on duty for another hour.
(d) The Soldier is on duty, and the Volunteer is a prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Princess Grace, Mulleady, and other tenants come in to do?
2. How does the Soldier reply when Pat says he needs to sing something less patriotic?
3. What does the Officer say when the Soldier says he does not know anything about the business done by the British?
4. What does Miss Gilchrist think about the Royal Family?
5. As the parade passes, what does Miss Gilchrist do to the Soldier?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)