|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg appears, looking for whom?
(b) The Officer.
(c) Princess Grace.
2. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
(a) He is looking for his dinner.
(b) He might have been looking for away to escape.
(c) He might have been looking for the bathroom.
(d) He is looking for a Bible.
3. What does Teresa give the Soldier?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A sacred medallion of the Virgin Mary.
(d) A hug.
4. What do Meg and Miss Gilchrist tell Pat he needs to reconsider?
(a) His life.
(b) What he charges for rent.
(c) His haircut.
(d) His position.
5. What does Teresa do after the Officer and Pat go outside?
(a) She comes in through the window.
(b) She comes out from under the bed.
(c) She comes from behind the door.
(d) She comes out of the closet.
6. How do the others respond when the Soldier asks whether any of the others would let him free?
(a) Everyone says they would free him.
(b) Teresa, alone, said she would free him.
(c) No one will free him.
(d) No one responds.
7. What does the Soldier say about the members of the British Parliament?
(a) They are more into their own concerns and lives than anything else.
(b) They are heartless.
(c) They are concerned with only the British cause.
(d) They are cruel.
8. How does Pat respond when the Officer asks if Teresa can be trusted?
(a) Pat is not sure she can be trusted.
(b) Pat says she cannot be trusted.
(c) Pat hopes she can be trusted.
(d) Pat assures him that she can be trusted.
9. How does the scene end?
(a) They sing and dance together, and at the end of the song they go to bed.
(b) Teresa leaves.
(c) The Officer opens the door and finds Teresa in the room with the Soldier.
(d) Teresa climbs out the window.
10. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer if he can go and do?
(a) Get his own dinner.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) See the rest of the house.
(d) Out back to relieve himself.
11. What does the Soldier realize that he has in common with the Irish soldier?
(a) They are both Irish.
(b) They are from the same town.
(c) They are related.
(d) They are the same age.
12. What does the Soldier say he has done wrong?
(b) He stole money from the IRA.
(c) He shot an IRA officer.
(d) He was a spy.
13. What do Teresa and the Soldier hear?
(a) A scream.
(c) A clock strike in the town.
(d) A gunshot.
14. As the parade passes, what does Miss Gilchrist do to the Soldier?
(a) She glares at him.
(b) She asks if he would like to watch the parade.
(c) She reads an article from a British paper to him.
(d) She prays for him.
15. What crude comment does Meg make to Miss Gilchrist?
(a) Miss Gilchrist is only interested in worshipping Mulleady.
(b) Miss Gilchrist's only principle is her relationship with Mulleady.
(c) Miss Gilchrist only wants to be saved by Mulleady.
(d) Miss Gilchrist loves the Bible for its dirty stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Soldier speaks flirtatiously with Teresa, saying what?
2. When Mulleady reads some of the article aloud, what does Pat say?
3. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
4. What does Pat say is a bluff?
5. While the Soldier is gone, what does Teresa do?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)