|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Officer think Meg is there to do?
(a) Clean the room.
(b) Cook breakfast.
(c) Have sex with the Soldier.
(d) Sing a song.
2. What does the Officer not want on the Soldier's conscience?
(a) The memory of a poorly sung song.
(b) A mortal sin.
(c) A less than satisfying meal.
(d) Guilt for making Meg work.
3. What does an article in the paper say about the "the condemned soldier?"
(a) He is not going to be reprieved.
(b) He will be a martyr.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) He will be freed.
4. About what is Meg's song?
(a) Regret and loneliness.
(b) Peace between the Irish and British.
(c) Irish rebels being attacked by the British in the way the Germans in World War II attacked the French.
(d) Love and compassion.
5. What does Monsewer do to the Soldier?
(a) He interrogates him.
(b) He brings him dinner.
(c) He prays for him.
(d) He allows him out to go for a walk.
6. How does the Soldier respond when Pat tells him he is a prisoner of war?
(a) You cannot torture prisoners of war.
(b) There is no war.
(c) You cannot shoot prisoners of war.
(d) He should not be a prisoner of war.
7. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
(a) They rush onstage to watch the parade.
(b) They ask him questions.
(c) They also think.
(d) They watch him think.
8. How does Pat respond when the Officer asks if Teresa can be trusted?
(a) Pat assures him that she can be trusted.
(b) Pat is not sure she can be trusted.
(c) Pat says she cannot be trusted.
(d) Pat hopes she can be trusted.
9. About which soldier is the article talking?
(a) A French soldier.
(b) An American soldier.
(c) The Irish one.
(d) The British one.
10. As the parade passes, what does Miss Gilchrist do to the Soldier?
(a) She glares at him.
(b) She prays for him.
(c) She reads an article from a British paper to him.
(d) She asks if he would like to watch the parade.
11. When Meg is finished, what is Pat's comment?
(a) The author of the play should have sung the song.
(b) Is she done torturing them.
(c) The song was beautiful.
(d) Can she sing a more optimistic tune.
12. While the Soldier is gone, what does Teresa do?
(a) She searches for him.
(b) She runs back with the cigarettes.
(c) She brings him his dinner.
(d) She pours him a cup of tea.
13. What does the Officer demand?
(a) That the Soldier be shot.
(b) That Teresa leave the room.
(c) That he be left alone with the Soldier.
(d) That Monsewer be taken out and says that nobody is to be allowed in from this point on.
14. What does Teresa do as Pat sits on the bed?
(a) She gasps from behind the door.
(b) She yells as the mattress sinks onto her.
(c) She peaks through the window.
(d) She giggles from the closet.
15. When Teresa says she was just dusting, what does Meg say?
(a) She also was just dusting.
(b) Teresa is a sinner.
(c) Teresa did nothing wrong.
(d) She is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat tells a lengthy and frequently interrupted story about what?
2. As Meg makes crude jokes, what does Miss Gilchrist say?
3. What does the Officer do after Pat calls him?
4. What does the Soldier say he has done wrong?
5. How can the song by the Soldier be understood?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)