|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Soldier do when he looks at the paper?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He screams.
(c) He panics.
(d) He rejoices at seeing his name.
2. What does Teresa do as Pat sits on the bed?
(a) She peaks through the window.
(b) She giggles from the closet.
(c) She gasps from behind the door.
(d) She yells as the mattress sinks onto her.
3. What does the Soldier wonder about Teresa?
(a) Where she is from.
(b) Why she is here.
(c) Whether she will bring him his dinner.
(d) Whether she will bring him the tea.
4. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
(a) He is looking for a Bible.
(b) He is looking for his dinner.
(c) He might have been looking for away to escape.
(d) He might have been looking for the bathroom.
5. What does the Soldier say he has done wrong?
(a) He stole money from the IRA.
(c) He shot an IRA officer.
(d) He was a spy.
6. How old is the Soldier?
7. How does Pat respond when the Officer asks if Teresa can be trusted?
(a) Pat says she cannot be trusted.
(b) Pat is not sure she can be trusted.
(c) Pat hopes she can be trusted.
(d) Pat assures him that she can be trusted.
8. What does Monsewer do to the Soldier?
(a) He brings him dinner.
(b) He prays for him.
(c) He interrogates him.
(d) He allows him out to go for a walk.
9. The Soldier speaks flirtatiously with Teresa, saying what?
(a) He liked her dancing and that he hopes she cooked the food she brought.
(b) He hopes she is a good cook.
(c) She looks like an English maiden.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful.
10. What does the Soldier ask the Volunteer if he can go and do?
(a) Get his own dinner.
(b) See the rest of the house.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Out back to relieve himself.
11. When Meg is finished, what is Pat's comment?
(a) Can she sing a more optimistic tune.
(b) Is she done torturing them.
(c) The song was beautiful.
(d) The author of the play should have sung the song.
12. Pat tells a lengthy and frequently interrupted story about what?
(a) How he became a caretaker.
(b) How he lost his leg.
(c) How he joined the IRA.
(d) His life.
13. About whom is the article?
(a) The IRA.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) The military.
14. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
(a) He is both anti-Irish and anti-British.
(b) He is an American.
(c) He is actually French.
(d) He is both pro-Irish and pro-British.
15. When Mulleady reads some of the article aloud, what does Pat say?
(a) It should not be read to anyone.
(b) It is disgusting.
(c) It is a disgrace.
(d) It was written by an Irishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Meg taunt Pat?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What story does Teresa tell?
4. How does the Soldier reply when Pat says he needs to sing something less patriotic?
5. What does the Officer do after Pat calls him?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)