|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the IRA?
(a) Iranian Republican Army.
(b) Irish Regency Army.
(c) Irish Republican Army.
(d) Iranian Ruling Army.
2. How does Pat try to reassure her?
(a) Saying she is nothing like the merciless prostitutes and thieves he really meant.
(b) Saying she is a good housekeeper.
(c) Saying it will be their home again soon.
(d) Saying he knows Monsewer will sell it soon.
3. How does Meg act towards Miss Gilchrist, when trying to get her to leave?
(a) She forcefully pushes her out.
(b) She screams at her.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She swears and speaks crudely.
4. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She will not be charged rent the next month.
(b) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
(c) She will not be put in jail.
(d) She can have whatever she wants.
5. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
(a) For telling on him.
(b) For not paying his rent.
(c) For entering the room before him.
(d) For being unkind to him.
6. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
7. On what does Pat insist from the officer?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) Rent in advance.
(c) An award.
(d) A bonus check.
8. Pat comes back in with Monsewer and Meg tells him what?
(a) What is happening to the British prisoner.
(b) What is happening to the Irish prisoner.
(c) That dinner is ready.
(d) That the prisoner's room is prepared.
9. After a brief argument what does Mulleady do?
(a) He gets a shirt from Meg.
(b) He refolds his shirts.
(c) He goes without his shirt.
(d) He goes to buy a new shirt.
10. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Monsewer's kidnapping plan is a good one.
(b) Whether Monsewer's leaving is a good choice.
(c) Whether the Irish Soldier should be staying here.
(d) Whether the British will take them hostage.
11. Who are the caretakers?
(a) Teresa and Pat.
(b) Meg and Pat.
(c) Monsewer and Teresa.
(d) Meg and Teresa.
12. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
(a) He would gladly be in the same position.
(b) He hopes he will never have to be one.
(c) He would never want to be one.
(d) They are fools.
13. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
(a) Their weapons are outdated.
(b) The will of the IRA is not strong enough.
(c) The British will not be able to overpower them.
(d) They will be too powerful.
14. What does the officer do when Pat says he needs to go out to get the money before he will allow the prisoner to stay?
(a) He reaches for his gun.
(b) He shoves Pat.
(c) He leaves to get the money.
(d) He runs out the door.
15. Monsewer comes in, checking with Pat to make sure about what?
(a) His breakfast has been prepared.
(b) The boarding house is full.
(c) Preparations have been made for the arrival of the soldiers and their prisoner.
(d) All rent money has been paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
2. What does Pat say about the tenants' money?
3. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
4. What do Meg and Pat say drove Monsewer half mad?
5. Why is this person playing the bagpipes?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)