|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Meg?
(a) She is a mother.
(b) She was an orphan.
(c) She lived in England.
(d) She was a spy.
2. What do Meg and Teresa do when they see the British soldier in the doorway?
(a) They scream.
(b) They continue dancing.
(c) They run to him.
(d) They stop dancing.
3. Of what is Monsewer the owner?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A restaurant and bar.
(c) A large hotel.
(d) A pub.
4. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
(a) He reprimands her for being greedy.
(b) He tells her to return the money immediately.
(c) He takes the money from her.
(d) He indicates that the sailor should follow her into her room.
5. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
(a) He is a Pole.
(b) He is a member of the IRA.
(c) He is a stranger.
(d) He is a Communist.
6. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
(a) Keep dancing.
(b) Stop dancing.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Get his room ready.
7. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
8. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
(a) If the prisoner escapes.
(b) When the prisoner arrives.
(c) When the prisoner dies.
(d) If the prisoner is a kind man.
9. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
(a) They are members of the secret police.
(b) They are all rebels on the run from the British authorities.
(c) They are all British spies.
(d) They are all prostitutes and degenarates.
10. What does Pat say about the tenants' money?
(a) It is good no matter who or what they are.
(b) It is no good.
(c) It is only good when rent is paid in full.
(d) It does not cover the expenses of the boarding house.
11. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
(a) He was born in England but was Irish on his father's side.
(b) He was born in England but was Irish on his mother's side.
(c) He was born in Irelnad but was English on his father's side.
(d) He was born in Ireland but was English on his mother's side.
12. Who speaks angrily to the characters?
(a) Two caretakers.
(b) Two narrators.
(c) Two soldiers.
(d) Two prostitutes.
13. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(b) Gun shots.
(c) Violence, music, and humor.
14. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
(a) For telling on him.
(b) For entering the room before him.
(c) For not paying his rent.
(d) For being unkind to him.
15. What is Monsewer doing as he comes in?
(a) Asking about the room being prepared for the soldier.
(b) Blowing the first few notes of his song on the bagpipes.
(c) Arguing with Meg over the dinner menu.
(d) Singing a sad lament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
2. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
3. The Officer says the prisoner will be arriving soon but what?
4. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
5. When she is gone, what does Monsewer tell Pat?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)