|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
(a) He does not want to leave.
(b) His things are still in his room.
(c) He has not paid his rent.
(d) He works at the house.
2. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
(a) They are all rebels on the run from the British authorities.
(b) They are members of the secret police.
(c) They are all prostitutes and degenarates.
(d) They are all British spies.
3. What do Meg and Pat say Monsewer studied?
(a) Irish history and language.
(b) German history and language.
(c) French history and language.
(d) Spanish history and language.
4. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
(a) For being unkind to him.
(b) For entering the room before him.
(c) For not paying his rent.
(d) For telling on him.
5. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
(a) When they choose peace.
(b) When they are destroyed by the H-bomb.
(c) When they move to England.
(d) When they die.
6. When she is gone, what does Monsewer tell Pat?
(a) The British are coming to imprison them.
(b) Two soldiers will be coming soon with a captured English soldier.
(c) A man is coming to take over the boarding house.
(d) A captured Irish soldier is being brought to them.
7. How does Pat try to reassure her?
(a) Saying she is nothing like the merciless prostitutes and thieves he really meant.
(b) Saying he knows Monsewer will sell it soon.
(c) Saying she is a good housekeeper.
(d) Saying it will be their home again soon.
8. About what does Pat sing?
(a) How strong the IRA once was.
(b) How wonderful the Brits are.
(c) How he wishes he were an Irishman.
(d) How he wonders what life is like outside of Ireland.
9. What is the IRA?
(a) Iranian Ruling Army.
(b) Iranian Republican Army.
(c) Irish Regency Army.
(d) Irish Republican Army.
10. Who are the caretakers?
(a) Meg and Teresa.
(b) Meg and Pat.
(c) Monsewer and Teresa.
(d) Teresa and Pat.
11. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
(a) To retrieve the prisoner.
(b) To discuss Meg and Teresa.
(c) To get away from the others.
(d) To discuss plans for housing the prisoner.
12. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(a) Gun shots.
(c) Violence, music, and humor.
13. Pat salutes him, sees he has something important to talk about, and tells Meg to do what?
(a) Begin cooking dinner.
(b) Plug her ears.
(c) Sweep the steps.
14. What does Meg say to Mulleady's complaint?
(a) He should go buy new shirts.
(b) Stop complaining or else she will ask for the rent money he owes.
(c) She could not help it that his shirts became discolored or torn.
(d) He can fold his own shirts next time.
15. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
(b) His room.
(d) His dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do when music comes on the radio?
2. How does Miss Gilchrist respond to angry inquiries about what her name means?
3. Monsewer comes in, checking with Pat to make sure about what?
4. What does Teresa promise?
5. The Officer says the prisoner will be arriving soon but what?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)