|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Officer says the prisoner will be arriving soon but what?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He may not be the only one.
(c) He will be very disagreeable.
(d) They have not actually captured him yet.
2. How does the story begin?
(a) A narrator appears.
(b) The actors walk solemnly onto the stage.
(c) The actors dance an Irish jig.
(d) Rock and roll music is heard.
3. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
(a) Whether the British will take them hostage.
(b) Whether the Irish Soldier should be staying here.
(c) Whether Monsewer's leaving is a good choice.
(d) Whether Monsewer's kidnapping plan is a good one.
4. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
(a) Says, "Long live the Queen!"
(b) Dances an Irish jig.
(c) Sings an Irish tune.
(d) Sings a song about how good it is to be on earth.
5. What do Meg and Pat say drove Monsewer half mad?
(a) The treaty signed by some of the members of the IRA to end the fighting.
(b) His move to Ireland.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
6. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
(a) He tells her to return the money immediately.
(b) He indicates that the sailor should follow her into her room.
(c) He reprimands her for being greedy.
(d) He takes the money from her.
7. What does Pat say about the tenants' money?
(a) It does not cover the expenses of the boarding house.
(b) It is good no matter who or what they are.
(c) It is no good.
(d) It is only good when rent is paid in full.
8. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She is shocked.
9. How does Meg act towards Miss Gilchrist, when trying to get her to leave?
(a) She screams at her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She swears and speaks crudely.
(d) She forcefully pushes her out.
10. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
(a) They will allow anybody to live there.
(b) How annoying he is.
(c) She is tired of her job.
(d) How she purposely folded his shirts incorrectly.
11. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
(a) He was born in Irelnad but was English on his father's side.
(b) He was born in England but was Irish on his father's side.
(c) He was born in England but was Irish on his mother's side.
(d) He was born in Ireland but was English on his mother's side.
12. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
(a) He has not paid his rent.
(b) His things are still in his room.
(c) He does not want to leave.
(d) He works at the house.
13. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
(a) He would gladly be in the same position.
(b) They are fools.
(c) He would never want to be one.
(d) He hopes he will never have to be one.
14. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
(a) They are all prostitutes and degenarates.
(b) They are members of the secret police.
(c) They are all British spies.
(d) They are all rebels on the run from the British authorities.
15. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
(a) For being unkind to him.
(b) For entering the room before him.
(c) For telling on him.
(d) For not paying his rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat promise to sing?
2. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
3. Why does Meg tell Teresa to stop thinking about this person's fate?
4. What is the IRA?
5. What do Meg and Teresa do when they see the British soldier in the doorway?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)