Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
(a) To get away from the others.
(b) To discuss plans for housing the prisoner.
(c) To discuss Meg and Teresa.
(d) To retrieve the prisoner.
2. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
(a) A noble cause must be served by noble men.
(b) A good man is hard to find.
(c) A leopard cannot change its spots.
(d) A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
3. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
(a) He was born in Irelnad but was English on his father's side.
(b) He was born in Ireland but was English on his mother's side.
(c) He was born in England but was Irish on his father's side.
(d) He was born in England but was Irish on his mother's side.
4. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She is jealous.
5. With what does Princess Grace come in?
(a) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a woman in his room.
(b) Her rent and news that Mulleady has not paid his rent.
(c) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a prisoner.
(d) Her rent and news that Mulleady is a spy.
6. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(b) Gun shots.
(d) Violence, music, and humor.
7. What does Pat promise to sing?
(a) An Irish folk song.
(b) A funny song.
(c) A raunchy pub song.
(d) A beautiful ballad.
8. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
(a) When they move to England.
(b) When they die.
(c) When they are destroyed by the H-bomb.
(d) When they choose peace.
9. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
(a) She sits on the couch.
(b) She begins to laugh.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She kneels down to pray.
10. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
(a) Keep dancing.
(b) Get his room ready.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Stop dancing.
11. What does Pat say about the tenants' money?
(a) It is no good.
(b) It is good no matter who or what they are.
(c) It does not cover the expenses of the boarding house.
(d) It is only good when rent is paid in full.
12. What do Meg, Teresa and Mulleady discuss?
(a) How the British prisoner must be feeling.
(b) How Pat could go along with this plan.
(c) How the Irish prisoner must be feeling.
(d) How horrible the Officer is.
13. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
(b) His room.
(d) His dinner.
14. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
(a) He hopes he will never have to be one.
(b) He would gladly be in the same position.
(c) He would never want to be one.
(d) They are fools.
15. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
Short Answer Questions
1. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
2. What is Miss Gilchrist heard doing?
3. What does Meg tell Mulleady as she chases him out?
4. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
5. This person who will soon be arriving is what?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)