Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She kneels down to pray.
(c) She sits on the couch.
(d) She leaves.
2. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(a) Gun shots.
(c) Violence, music, and humor.
3. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She is shocked.
4. This raucous comedy-drama tells the parallel stories of what two people?
(a) Soldiers, one Irish and one British.
(b) Prostitutes, one Irish and one British.
(c) Caretakers, one Irish and one British.
(d) Soldiers, one American and one German.
5. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
6. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
(a) He hopes he will never have to be one.
(b) He would gladly be in the same position.
(c) He would never want to be one.
(d) They are fools.
7. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
(a) It once was his and Meg's home.
(b) It once housed so many noble fighters and is now little more than a brothel.
(c) It once was beautiful and well-kept.
(d) It once was run properly.
8. About what else do Meg and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Meg should know many details about the arrival of this prisoner.
(b) Pat's ability to deal with the Soldier.
(c) Whether Meg has any right to argue because she's too young to remember the IRA's first battles in the early 1900's.
(d) Pat's missing leg.
9. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
(a) He does not want to leave.
(b) His things are still in his room.
(c) He has not paid his rent.
(d) He works at the house.
10. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
(a) The manipulative circumstances of the treaty's signing.
(b) Monsewer's move to Ireland as a child.
(c) The circumstances by which they came to work at this boarding house.
(d) How horrible Monsewer's mother was.
11. What does Pat sing?
(a) A dramatic song about the IRA.
(b) A lament about a laughing soldier killed for the Irish cause.
(c) A love song to Ireland.
(d) A humorous song about England.
12. Who are the caretakers?
(a) Meg and Teresa.
(b) Meg and Pat.
(c) Monsewer and Teresa.
(d) Teresa and Pat.
13. This person who will soon be arriving is what?
(a) The only man of his kind.
(b) The first of many prisoners.
(c) An Irish soldier.
(d) A kind man.
14. What do Pat and Meg talk briefly about when Monsewer leaves?
(a) One of the tenants Monsewer brought into the house.
(b) How well he runs the house.
(c) The prostitutes in the house.
(d) The boarding house's expenses.
15. What is the IRA?
(a) Iranian Republican Army.
(b) Iranian Ruling Army.
(c) Irish Republican Army.
(d) Irish Regency Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
2. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
3. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
4. What does Meg tell Teresa about Monswer?
5. When she is gone, what does Monsewer tell Pat?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)