|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks angrily to the characters?
(a) Two caretakers.
(b) Two prostitutes.
(c) Two narrators.
(d) Two soldiers.
2. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She can have whatever she wants.
(b) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
(c) She will not be put in jail.
(d) She will not be charged rent the next month.
3. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
(a) They will allow anybody to live there.
(b) How annoying he is.
(c) How she purposely folded his shirts incorrectly.
(d) She is tired of her job.
4. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
(a) He works at the house.
(b) He has not paid his rent.
(c) He does not want to leave.
(d) His things are still in his room.
5. How does Miss Gilchrist respond to angry inquiries about what her name means?
(a) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a daughter of Christ.
(b) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a servant of Christ.
(c) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a gift of Christ.
(d) With a haughty comment about her name meaning she is a message from Christ.
6. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
7. How does Monsewer go out after hearing this news?
8. About what does Pat sing?
(a) How wonderful the Brits are.
(b) How he wishes he were an Irishman.
(c) How he wonders what life is like outside of Ireland.
(d) How strong the IRA once was.
9. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
(a) The property for which they care is under investigation.
(b) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the United States and the Nazi party.
(c) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the Irish Republican Army and the British government.
(d) They are breaking the law.
10. What do Meg, Teresa and Mulleady discuss?
(a) How the British prisoner must be feeling.
(b) How horrible the Officer is.
(c) How the Irish prisoner must be feeling.
(d) How Pat could go along with this plan.
11. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
(a) They do not want his dirty money.
(b) No amount of money can persuade them.
(c) Money means nothing when one is a Communist.
(d) Money is the best religion and the best form of politics.
12. When he is finished, he and Meg talk further about what?
(a) How strong and powerful is the IRA.
(b) How beautiful Ireland is.
(c) How horrible a place England must be.
(d) How the IRA continued to fight even after the treaty was signed.
13. What is revealed about Meg?
(a) She lived in England.
(b) She was an orphan.
(c) She was a spy.
(d) She is a mother.
14. The Officer says the prisoner will be arriving soon but what?
(a) They have not actually captured him yet.
(b) He will be very disagreeable.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He may not be the only one.
15. How does Pat say he lost his leg?
(a) He had it amputated after an infection.
(b) As a soldier.
(c) In an automobile accident.
(d) As a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
2. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
3. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
4. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
5. How does Meg react to this news about Mulleady?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)