|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meg say to Mulleady's complaint?
(a) Stop complaining or else she will ask for the rent money he owes.
(b) He can fold his own shirts next time.
(c) She could not help it that his shirts became discolored or torn.
(d) He should go buy new shirts.
2. After a brief argument what does Mulleady do?
(a) He goes to buy a new shirt.
(b) He gets a shirt from Meg.
(c) He refolds his shirts.
(d) He goes without his shirt.
3. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
(a) The French.
(b) The police.
(c) The English.
(d) The IRA leadership.
4. Why do Meg and Teresa enter the scene at this point?
(a) To check on the Prisoner.
(b) To make sure Pat is alright.
(c) To make the bed ready.
(d) To speak to the Officer.
5. Pat salutes him, sees he has something important to talk about, and tells Meg to do what?
(a) Sweep the steps.
(c) Begin cooking dinner.
(d) Plug her ears.
6. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Monsewer's leaving is a good choice.
(b) Whether the British will take them hostage.
(c) Whether Monsewer's kidnapping plan is a good one.
(d) Whether the Irish Soldier should be staying here.
7. What do Meg and Pat say Monsewer studied?
(a) French history and language.
(b) Spanish history and language.
(c) German history and language.
(d) Irish history and language.
8. How does the story begin?
(a) The actors walk solemnly onto the stage.
(b) The actors dance an Irish jig.
(c) Rock and roll music is heard.
(d) A narrator appears.
9. Why does Meg feel betrayed?
(a) After all she has done for him, he turns out to be a spy.
(b) She has covered his rent before and does not want to do it again.
(c) She wanted to meet the prisoner first.
(d) After everything she said and did to defend Mulleady when he ran away with the church funds.
10. About what does Mulleady complain, regarding his shirts?
(a) Meg has not given him back the shirts he gave her to be laundered.
(b) Meg has not folded them properly.
(c) His shirts are all discolored or torn.
(d) He has no new shirts.
11. What do they do when music comes on the radio?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They dance.
(c) They sing.
(d) They turn off the radio.
12. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She can have whatever she wants.
(b) She will not be put in jail.
(c) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
(d) She will not be charged rent the next month.
13. How does Pat say he lost his leg?
(a) As a soldier.
(b) He had it amputated after an infection.
(c) In an automobile accident.
(d) As a child.
14. When he is finished, he and Meg talk further about what?
(a) How the IRA continued to fight even after the treaty was signed.
(b) How horrible a place England must be.
(c) How strong and powerful is the IRA.
(d) How beautiful Ireland is.
15. This raucous comedy-drama tells the parallel stories of what two people?
(a) Prostitutes, one Irish and one British.
(b) Caretakers, one Irish and one British.
(c) Soldiers, one American and one German.
(d) Soldiers, one Irish and one British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his missing leg have to do with his conversation with Meg?
2. With what does Princess Grace come in?
3. What do Meg and Teresa do when they see the British soldier in the doorway?
4. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
5. What do Meg, Teresa and Mulleady discuss?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)