|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
(a) To discuss plans for housing the prisoner.
(b) To retrieve the prisoner.
(c) To get away from the others.
(d) To discuss Meg and Teresa.
2. With what does Princess Grace come in?
(a) Her rent and news that Mulleady has not paid his rent.
(b) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a prisoner.
(c) Her rent and news that Mulleady is a spy.
(d) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a woman in his room.
3. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
(a) Whether the Irish Soldier should be staying here.
(b) Whether Monsewer's leaving is a good choice.
(c) Whether Monsewer's kidnapping plan is a good one.
(d) Whether the British will take them hostage.
4. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
(a) He hopes he will never have to be one.
(b) He would gladly be in the same position.
(c) He would never want to be one.
(d) They are fools.
5. This raucous comedy-drama tells the parallel stories of what two people?
(a) Prostitutes, one Irish and one British.
(b) Soldiers, one American and one German.
(c) Caretakers, one Irish and one British.
(d) Soldiers, one Irish and one British.
6. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
(a) How horrible Monsewer's mother was.
(b) The circumstances by which they came to work at this boarding house.
(c) The manipulative circumstances of the treaty's signing.
(d) Monsewer's move to Ireland as a child.
7. What bad pun does Teresa make?
(a) She calls French candy, bon bons, bonnie bons.
(b) She calls French fries, pommes frites, pomegranate fries.
(c) She calls a French cigarette, a Gauloise, a gollywog.
(d) She calls French bread, a bagette, a bagel.
8. Who speaks angrily to the characters?
(a) Two narrators.
(b) Two caretakers.
(c) Two prostitutes.
(d) Two soldiers.
9. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
(a) Sings an Irish tune.
(b) Says, "Long live the Queen!"
(c) Sings a song about how good it is to be on earth.
(d) Dances an Irish jig.
10. When she is gone, what does Monsewer tell Pat?
(a) The British are coming to imprison them.
(b) Two soldiers will be coming soon with a captured English soldier.
(c) A captured Irish soldier is being brought to them.
(d) A man is coming to take over the boarding house.
11. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
12. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
(a) How she purposely folded his shirts incorrectly.
(b) How annoying he is.
(c) She is tired of her job.
(d) They will allow anybody to live there.
13. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
(a) They are all prostitutes and degenarates.
(b) They are all rebels on the run from the British authorities.
(c) They are members of the secret police.
(d) They are all British spies.
14. Why had Teresa left a convent?
(a) She had decided against becoming a nun.
(b) She fell in love with one of the nuns.
(c) She did not find herself attractive in a habit.
(d) She had fallen in love with a student priest.
15. What is Miss Gilchrist heard doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Meg?
2. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
3. What does Meg tell Mulleady as she chases him out?
4. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
5. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)