|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Monsewer's kidnapping plan is a good one.
(b) Whether the British will take them hostage.
(c) Whether the Irish Soldier should be staying here.
(d) Whether Monsewer's leaving is a good choice.
2. This person who will soon be arriving is what?
(a) The only man of his kind.
(b) An Irish soldier.
(c) The first of many prisoners.
(d) A kind man.
3. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Get his room ready.
(c) Stop dancing.
(d) Keep dancing.
4. Of what is Monsewer the owner?
(a) A pub.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) A restaurant and bar.
(d) A large hotel.
5. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
(a) To retrieve the prisoner.
(b) To discuss plans for housing the prisoner.
(c) To get away from the others.
(d) To discuss Meg and Teresa.
6. What do Meg, Teresa and Mulleady discuss?
(a) How horrible the Officer is.
(b) How the British prisoner must be feeling.
(c) How Pat could go along with this plan.
(d) How the Irish prisoner must be feeling.
7. What is Monsewer doing as he comes in?
(a) Arguing with Meg over the dinner menu.
(b) Singing a sad lament.
(c) Asking about the room being prepared for the soldier.
(d) Blowing the first few notes of his song on the bagpipes.
8. Mulleady hurries in shouting for what?
(a) Pat's help.
(b) Monsewer's help.
(c) Meg's help.
(d) Teresa's help.
9. What does Pat sing?
(a) A humorous song about England.
(b) A lament about a laughing soldier killed for the Irish cause.
(c) A dramatic song about the IRA.
(d) A love song to Ireland.
10. Who is playing the bagpipes?
11. About what else do Meg and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Meg has any right to argue because she's too young to remember the IRA's first battles in the early 1900's.
(b) Pat's missing leg.
(c) Whether Meg should know many details about the arrival of this prisoner.
(d) Pat's ability to deal with the Soldier.
12. What is Miss Gilchrist heard doing?
13. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
(a) The British will not be able to overpower them.
(b) They will be too powerful.
(c) The will of the IRA is not strong enough.
(d) Their weapons are outdated.
14. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
(a) It once housed so many noble fighters and is now little more than a brothel.
(b) It once was run properly.
(c) It once was his and Meg's home.
(d) It once was beautiful and well-kept.
15. What does Meg tell Teresa about Monswer?
(a) He is a strange man.
(b) He is a great man.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He is a horrible man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat try to reassure her?
2. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
3. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
4. What does Meg tell Mulleady as she chases him out?
5. Why does Meg tell Teresa to stop thinking about this person's fate?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)