|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
2. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She can have whatever she wants.
(b) She will not be charged rent the next month.
(c) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
(d) She will not be put in jail.
3. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
(a) They are all prostitutes and degenarates.
(b) They are members of the secret police.
(c) They are all rebels on the run from the British authorities.
(d) They are all British spies.
4. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
(a) He should be fed.
(b) He should be shown mercy.
(c) He should be hanged.
(d) He should be put in a smaller cell.
5. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
(a) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the Irish Republican Army and the British government.
(b) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the United States and the Nazi party.
(c) The property for which they care is under investigation.
(d) They are breaking the law.
6. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
(a) The IRA leadership.
(b) The police.
(c) The French.
(d) The English.
7. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
(a) If the prisoner is a kind man.
(b) When the prisoner arrives.
(c) When the prisoner dies.
(d) If the prisoner escapes.
8. How does Monsewer go out after hearing this news?
9. What serves as a transition into the first scene?
(a) A loud noise.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A scream.
(d) A blast of bagpipes.
10. What do Meg and Teresa do when they see the British soldier in the doorway?
(a) They run to him.
(b) They scream.
(c) They stop dancing.
(d) They continue dancing.
11. Why does Meg tell Teresa to stop thinking about this person's fate?
(a) It will only make her worry more.
(b) She does not care about this person.
(c) There is no need to mourn him before it becomes necessary.
(d) She does not want to think about his fate.
12. What does Pat say about the tenants' money?
(a) It is no good.
(b) It is only good when rent is paid in full.
(c) It does not cover the expenses of the boarding house.
(d) It is good no matter who or what they are.
13. What does Meg tell Mulleady as she chases him out?
(a) To leave.
(b) To leave Miss Gilchrist alone.
(c) To clean his room.
(d) To get his rent money.
14. What do Meg and Pat say Monsewer studied?
(a) French history and language.
(b) German history and language.
(c) Spanish history and language.
(d) Irish history and language.
15. Why do Meg and Teresa enter the scene at this point?
(a) To make the bed ready.
(b) To make sure Pat is alright.
(c) To speak to the Officer.
(d) To check on the Prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. This story explores themes relating to what?
2. After saying she will pray for everyone, what does Miss Gilchrist do?
3. How does Meg act towards Miss Gilchrist, when trying to get her to leave?
4. What does Meg tell Teresa about Monswer?
5. Who is playing the bagpipes?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)