|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is finished, he and Meg talk further about what?
(a) How beautiful Ireland is.
(b) How horrible a place England must be.
(c) How the IRA continued to fight even after the treaty was signed.
(d) How strong and powerful is the IRA.
2. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
(a) She can have a home there the rest of her life.
(b) She can have whatever she wants.
(c) She will not be put in jail.
(d) She will not be charged rent the next month.
3. Monsewer comes in, checking with Pat to make sure about what?
(a) His breakfast has been prepared.
(b) Preparations have been made for the arrival of the soldiers and their prisoner.
(c) The boarding house is full.
(d) All rent money has been paid.
4. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
(a) He should be hanged.
(b) He should be put in a smaller cell.
(c) He should be fed.
(d) He should be shown mercy.
5. What does Pat promise to sing?
(a) A funny song.
(b) A raunchy pub song.
(c) A beautiful ballad.
(d) An Irish folk song.
6. How does Pat say he lost his leg?
(a) As a child.
(b) In an automobile accident.
(c) He had it amputated after an infection.
(d) As a soldier.
7. What serves as a transition into the first scene?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A loud noise.
(c) A blast of bagpipes.
(d) A scream.
8. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
(a) How annoying he is.
(b) How she purposely folded his shirts incorrectly.
(c) They will allow anybody to live there.
(d) She is tired of her job.
9. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
(a) It once was his and Meg's home.
(b) It once was run properly.
(c) It once was beautiful and well-kept.
(d) It once housed so many noble fighters and is now little more than a brothel.
10. As the IRA officer inspects the books, what does he say?
(a) If he had his way, the prisoner would stay here.
(b) If he had his way, he would stay here without the prisoner.
(c) If her had his way, this home would be destroyed.
(d) If he had his way, the prisoner would be going to another house.
11. Why do Meg and Teresa enter the scene at this point?
(a) To make the bed ready.
(b) To check on the Prisoner.
(c) To make sure Pat is alright.
(d) To speak to the Officer.
12. Pat comes back in with Monsewer and Meg tells him what?
(a) What is happening to the British prisoner.
(b) That the prisoner's room is prepared.
(c) What is happening to the Irish prisoner.
(d) That dinner is ready.
13. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
(a) He asks a list of questions about the house.
(b) He aks for the prisoner.
(c) He asks for a room to rent.
(d) He pays the rent for the prisoner.
14. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Get his room ready.
(c) Stop dancing.
(d) Keep dancing.
15. On what does Pat insist from the officer?
(a) Rent in advance.
(b) An award.
(c) A letter of recommendation.
(d) A bonus check.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
2. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
3. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
4. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
5. What does Meg say to Mulleady's complaint?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)