|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Gilchrist heard doing?
2. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
(a) How horrible Monsewer's mother was.
(b) The circumstances by which they came to work at this boarding house.
(c) Monsewer's move to Ireland as a child.
(d) The manipulative circumstances of the treaty's signing.
3. With what does Princess Grace come in?
(a) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a prisoner.
(b) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a woman in his room.
(c) Her rent and news that Mulleady is a spy.
(d) Her rent and news that Mulleady has not paid his rent.
4. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
(a) For entering the room before him.
(b) For not paying his rent.
(c) For being unkind to him.
(d) For telling on him.
5. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
(a) He should be hanged.
(b) He should be shown mercy.
(c) He should be put in a smaller cell.
(d) He should be fed.
6. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
(a) When they choose peace.
(b) When they move to England.
(c) When they die.
(d) When they are destroyed by the H-bomb.
7. What does the officer do when Pat says he needs to go out to get the money before he will allow the prisoner to stay?
(a) He reaches for his gun.
(b) He shoves Pat.
(c) He leaves to get the money.
(d) He runs out the door.
8. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
(a) He works at the house.
(b) He does not want to leave.
(c) His things are still in his room.
(d) He has not paid his rent.
9. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
(a) How annoying he is.
(b) She is tired of her job.
(c) How she purposely folded his shirts incorrectly.
(d) They will allow anybody to live there.
10. What do Meg and Teresa do when they see the British soldier in the doorway?
(a) They stop dancing.
(b) They continue dancing.
(c) They scream.
(d) They run to him.
11. Why do Meg and Teresa enter the scene at this point?
(a) To check on the Prisoner.
(b) To make sure Pat is alright.
(c) To make the bed ready.
(d) To speak to the Officer.
12. This raucous comedy-drama tells the parallel stories of what two people?
(a) Prostitutes, one Irish and one British.
(b) Caretakers, one Irish and one British.
(c) Soldiers, one Irish and one British.
(d) Soldiers, one American and one German.
13. Pat comes back in with Monsewer and Meg tells him what?
(a) What is happening to the Irish prisoner.
(b) What is happening to the British prisoner.
(c) That the prisoner's room is prepared.
(d) That dinner is ready.
14. The Officer says the prisoner will be arriving soon but what?
(a) He may not be the only one.
(b) He is injured.
(c) They have not actually captured him yet.
(d) He will be very disagreeable.
15. What ironic comment does Pat make, regarding what Monsewar has told him?
(a) How great it is the IRA is fighting again.
(b) How sad it is that the IRA is fighting again.
(c) How he wishes the IRA would fight again.
(d) How wonderful it is to be British.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Gilchrist respond to angry inquiries about what her name means?
2. Why do Pat and the Officer go out?
3. How did Monsewer choose his title?
4. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
5. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)