|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
(a) The circumstances by which they came to work at this boarding house.
(b) How horrible Monsewer's mother was.
(c) Monsewer's move to Ireland as a child.
(d) The manipulative circumstances of the treaty's signing.
2. How does Meg act towards Miss Gilchrist, when trying to get her to leave?
(a) She forcefully pushes her out.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She screams at her.
(d) She swears and speaks crudely.
3. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
(a) When the prisoner dies.
(b) If the prisoner is a kind man.
(c) If the prisoner escapes.
(d) When the prisoner arrives.
4. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
(a) The will of the IRA is not strong enough.
(b) Their weapons are outdated.
(c) The British will not be able to overpower them.
(d) They will be too powerful.
5. During the conversation, what does Pat comment about the fight of the IRA for independence?
(a) It has just begun.
(b) It is over.
(c) It is never over.
(d) It is almost over.
6. Mulleady hurries in shouting for what?
(a) Teresa's help.
(b) Pat's help.
(c) Monsewer's help.
(d) Meg's help.
7. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
8. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
(a) When they move to England.
(b) When they choose peace.
(c) When they die.
(d) When they are destroyed by the H-bomb.
9. What does Pat promise to sing?
(a) A funny song.
(b) An Irish folk song.
(c) A beautiful ballad.
(d) A raunchy pub song.
10. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
(a) They will allow anybody to live there.
(b) How annoying he is.
(c) She is tired of her job.
(d) How she purposely folded his shirts incorrectly.
11. What does Meg tearfully tell him?
(a) She may be a prostitute but she is still a patriot.
(b) She hopes Monsewer sells it.
(c) She would also like it to be their home again.
(d) She tries to keep the home tidy.
12. Who are the caretakers?
(a) Meg and Teresa.
(b) Meg and Pat.
(c) Monsewer and Teresa.
(d) Teresa and Pat.
13. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(a) Violence, music, and humor.
(c) Gun shots.
14. About what else do Meg and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Meg has any right to argue because she's too young to remember the IRA's first battles in the early 1900's.
(b) Pat's ability to deal with the Soldier.
(c) Whether Meg should know many details about the arrival of this prisoner.
(d) Pat's missing leg.
15. With what does Princess Grace come in?
(a) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a woman in his room.
(b) Her rent and news that Mulleady is a spy.
(c) Her rent and news that Mulleady has not paid his rent.
(d) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meg tell Teresa to stop thinking about this person's fate?
2. What does Teresa promise?
3. When he is finished, he and Meg talk further about what?
4. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
5. Who speaks angrily to the characters?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)