|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat comes back in with Monsewer and Meg tells him what?
(a) What is happening to the Irish prisoner.
(b) That the prisoner's room is prepared.
(c) What is happening to the British prisoner.
(d) That dinner is ready.
2. With what does Princess Grace come in?
(a) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a prisoner.
(b) Her rent and news that Mulleady has not paid his rent.
(c) Her rent and news that Mulleady has a woman in his room.
(d) Her rent and news that Mulleady is a spy.
3. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
(a) When they are destroyed by the H-bomb.
(b) When they die.
(c) When they choose peace.
(d) When they move to England.
4. Pat salutes him, sees he has something important to talk about, and tells Meg to do what?
(a) Sweep the steps.
(b) Plug her ears.
(d) Begin cooking dinner.
5. Why had Teresa left a convent?
(a) She fell in love with one of the nuns.
(b) She had decided against becoming a nun.
(c) She had fallen in love with a student priest.
(d) She did not find herself attractive in a habit.
6. What do they do when music comes on the radio?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They sing.
(c) They dance.
(d) They turn off the radio.
7. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
(a) He should be put in a smaller cell.
(b) He should be fed.
(c) He should be shown mercy.
(d) He should be hanged.
8. About what does Mulleady complain, regarding his shirts?
(a) His shirts are all discolored or torn.
(b) Meg has not given him back the shirts he gave her to be laundered.
(c) He has no new shirts.
(d) Meg has not folded them properly.
9. How did Monsewer choose his title?
(a) He wanted to sound sophisticated.
(b) He wanted nothing to do with anything English such as the title "mister."
(c) He grew tired of his name.
(d) He wishes he were French.
10. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
(a) The French.
(b) The police.
(c) The English.
(d) The IRA leadership.
11. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
(a) If the prisoner escapes.
(b) When the prisoner arrives.
(c) If the prisoner is a kind man.
(d) When the prisoner dies.
12. What bad pun does Teresa make?
(a) She calls French candy, bon bons, bonnie bons.
(b) She calls French fries, pommes frites, pomegranate fries.
(c) She calls French bread, a bagette, a bagel.
(d) She calls a French cigarette, a Gauloise, a gollywog.
13. After Mulleady goes, about what does Meg complain?
(a) How she purposely folded his shirts incorrectly.
(b) She is tired of her job.
(c) They will allow anybody to live there.
(d) How annoying he is.
14. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
(a) He is a stranger.
(b) He is a member of the IRA.
(c) He is a Pole.
(d) He is a Communist.
15. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
(a) He was born in Irelnad but was English on his father's side.
(b) He was born in England but was Irish on his mother's side.
(c) He was born in Ireland but was English on his mother's side.
(d) He was born in England but was Irish on his father's side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the IRA?
2. What do Meg and Pat say Monsewer studied?
3. What is Monsewer doing as he comes in?
4. What ironic comment does Pat make, regarding what Monsewar has told him?
5. Mulleady hurries in shouting for what?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)