|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Soldier say about the members of the British Parliament?
(a) They are more into their own concerns and lives than anything else.
(b) They are concerned with only the British cause.
(c) They are cruel.
(d) They are heartless.
2. What kind of music is heard?
(b) Rock and roll.
3. What does Teresa do after the Officer and Pat go outside?
(a) She comes out from under the bed.
(b) She comes from behind the door.
(c) She comes in through the window.
(d) She comes out of the closet.
4. Why is this person playing the bagpipes?
(a) She is practicing to play a lament for a young member of the IRA who is to be executed the following morning.
(b) He is practicing to play a lament for a young member of the IRA who is to be executed the following morning.
(c) She is a professional bagpipe player.
(d) He is a professional bagpipe player.
5. What do the Officer and the Volunteer do as Pat, Meg and Miss Gilchrist sit, drink, sing, and bicker over whether Pat was a good soldier in the cause of the IRA?
(a) They join in the party.
(b) Stand guard over the Soldier.
(c) They watch everyone.
(d) They leave to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his missing leg have to do with his conversation with Meg?
2. What does Princess Grace do as the Soldier and Miss Gilchrist argue over who he should pay attention to?
3. How does Pat say he lost his leg?
4. Why is the Irish prisoner in jail?
5. How does the officer quote a leader of the IRA?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)