|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
(a) He would never want to be one.
(b) He would gladly be in the same position.
(c) He hopes he will never have to be one.
(d) They are fools.
2. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
(a) They do not want his dirty money.
(b) No amount of money can persuade them.
(c) Money is the best religion and the best form of politics.
(d) Money means nothing when one is a Communist.
3. Pat salutes him, sees he has something important to talk about, and tells Meg to do what?
(a) Plug her ears.
(b) Begin cooking dinner.
(c) Sweep the steps.
4. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
5. How did Monsewer choose his title?
(a) He wanted to sound sophisticated.
(b) He wishes he were French.
(c) He grew tired of his name.
(d) He wanted nothing to do with anything English such as the title "mister."
Short Answer Questions
1. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
2. Why is this person playing the bagpipes?
3. What does Pat promise Teresa if she can keep her mouth shut?
4. What do Meg, Teresa and Mulleady discuss?
5. What ironic comment does Pat make, regarding what Monsewar has told him?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)