|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Pat sing?
(a) How wonderful the Brits are.
(b) How he wonders what life is like outside of Ireland.
(c) How he wishes he were an Irishman.
(d) How strong the IRA once was.
2. As Pat comments on how pretty Teresa is, what does Meg say?
(a) He should leave Teresa alone.
(b) He sould keep his thoughts to himself.
(c) He would be better off not looking at Teresa.
(d) He would say she would look like a whore if he was drunk.
3. As the IRA officer inspects the books, what does he say?
(a) If he had his way, the prisoner would stay here.
(b) If he had his way, he would stay here without the prisoner.
(c) If her had his way, this home would be destroyed.
(d) If he had his way, the prisoner would be going to another house.
4. What does Pat sing?
(a) A love song to Ireland.
(b) A lament about a laughing soldier killed for the Irish cause.
(c) A humorous song about England.
(d) A dramatic song about the IRA.
5. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
(a) He pays the rent for the prisoner.
(b) He asks for a room to rent.
(c) He asks a list of questions about the house.
(d) He aks for the prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pat and Meg talk briefly about when Monsewer leaves?
2. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
3. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
4. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
5. What does Teresa insist will be a shame?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)