|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meg tell Teresa to stop thinking about this person's fate?
(a) She does not want to think about his fate.
(b) It will only make her worry more.
(c) She does not care about this person.
(d) There is no need to mourn him before it becomes necessary.
2. What do they do when music comes on the radio?
(a) They sing.
(b) They dance.
(c) They turn off the radio.
(d) They laugh.
3. What do Meg, Teresa and Mulleady discuss?
(a) How horrible the Officer is.
(b) How the Irish prisoner must be feeling.
(c) How the British prisoner must be feeling.
(d) How Pat could go along with this plan.
4. This story explores themes relating to what?
(a) Compassion and love.
(b) Sin and degradation.
(c) The nature of imprisonment, preconception, and honor.
(d) The war between the IRA and the British.
5. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
(a) He was born in Irelnad but was English on his father's side.
(b) He was born in England but was Irish on his mother's side.
(c) He was born in England but was Irish on his father's side.
(d) He was born in Ireland but was English on his mother's side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
2. What do Meg and Teresa do when they see the British soldier in the doorway?
3. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
4. This raucous comedy-drama tells the parallel stories of what two people?
5. What does Pat sing?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)