|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Officer says the prisoner will be arriving soon but what?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He may not be the only one.
(c) They have not actually captured him yet.
(d) He will be very disagreeable.
2. What do Pat, Meg, and Monsewer discuss?
(a) How strange Monsewer is.
(b) The merits of Irish versus English.
(c) How beautiful the French language is.
(d) The good qualities of the English.
3. What bad pun does Teresa make?
(a) She calls French bread, a bagette, a bagel.
(b) She calls French fries, pommes frites, pomegranate fries.
(c) She calls French candy, bon bons, bonnie bons.
(d) She calls a French cigarette, a Gauloise, a gollywog.
4. What do Meg and Pat say drove Monsewer half mad?
(a) His mother.
(b) The treaty signed by some of the members of the IRA to end the fighting.
(c) His father.
(d) His move to Ireland.
5. How does Meg act towards Miss Gilchrist, when trying to get her to leave?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She swears and speaks crudely.
(c) She forcefully pushes her out.
(d) She screams at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Teresa feel about Monsewer?
2. During the conversation, what does Pat comment about the fight of the IRA for independence?
3. Mulleady hurries in shouting for what?
4. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
5. What does the officer do when Pat says he needs to go out to get the money before he will allow the prisoner to stay?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)