|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
(a) He should be put in a smaller cell.
(b) He should be shown mercy.
(c) He should be hanged.
(d) He should be fed.
2. How does Monsewer go out after hearing this news?
3. What does Pat bitterly say about their house?
(a) It once was beautiful and well-kept.
(b) It once housed so many noble fighters and is now little more than a brothel.
(c) It once was his and Meg's home.
(d) It once was run properly.
4. This story explores themes relating to what?
(a) Compassion and love.
(b) Sin and degradation.
(c) The nature of imprisonment, preconception, and honor.
(d) The war between the IRA and the British.
5. Why does Mulleady become angry at Princess Grace?
(a) For entering the room before him.
(b) For telling on him.
(c) For being unkind to him.
(d) For not paying his rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Officer says the prisoner will be arriving soon but what?
2. Why does Meg feel betrayed?
3. Why do Meg and Teresa enter the scene at this point?
4. About what does Mulleady complain, regarding his shirts?
5. Who is playing the bagpipes?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)