|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
(a) The property for which they care is under investigation.
(b) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the United States and the Nazi party.
(c) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the Irish Republican Army and the British government.
(d) They are breaking the law.
2. What does the officer do when Pat says he needs to go out to get the money before he will allow the prisoner to stay?
(a) He reaches for his gun.
(b) He leaves to get the money.
(c) He shoves Pat.
(d) He runs out the door.
3. How does Meg act towards Miss Gilchrist, when trying to get her to leave?
(a) She screams at her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She swears and speaks crudely.
(d) She forcefully pushes her out.
4. What does Pat say is ready for their "visitor?"
(a) His room.
(c) His dinner.
5. What does Monsewer think about Irish martyrs?
(a) He hopes he will never have to be one.
(b) He would never want to be one.
(c) He would gladly be in the same position.
(d) They are fools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks angrily to the characters?
2. What does Teresa promise?
3. What takes place suddenly in this story?
4. When does the Soldier say those who are parted will all be brought together?
5. What do Meg, Teresa and Mulleady discuss?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)