|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Meg and Teresa enter the scene at this point?
(a) To check on the Prisoner.
(b) To make the bed ready.
(c) To make sure Pat is alright.
(d) To speak to the Officer.
2. What serves as a transition into the first scene?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A blast of bagpipes.
(d) A loud noise.
3. What bad pun does Teresa make?
(a) She calls French fries, pommes frites, pomegranate fries.
(b) She calls a French cigarette, a Gauloise, a gollywog.
(c) She calls French candy, bon bons, bonnie bons.
(d) She calls French bread, a bagette, a bagel.
4. What is Miss Gilchrist heard doing?
5. How did Monsewer choose his title?
(a) He wishes he were French.
(b) He wanted nothing to do with anything English such as the title "mister."
(c) He wanted to sound sophisticated.
(d) He grew tired of his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Meg and Pat say drove Monsewer half mad?
2. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
3. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
4. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
5. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)