|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the caretakers?
(a) Meg and Teresa.
(b) Meg and Pat.
(c) Teresa and Pat.
(d) Monsewer and Teresa.
2. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
(a) He takes the money from her.
(b) He tells her to return the money immediately.
(c) He indicates that the sailor should follow her into her room.
(d) He reprimands her for being greedy.
3. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
(a) He was born in Ireland but was English on his mother's side.
(b) He was born in England but was Irish on his mother's side.
(c) He was born in Irelnad but was English on his father's side.
(d) He was born in England but was Irish on his father's side.
4. What does Pat say about the tenants' money?
(a) It does not cover the expenses of the boarding house.
(b) It is only good when rent is paid in full.
(c) It is good no matter who or what they are.
(d) It is no good.
5. This person who will soon be arriving is what?
(a) A kind man.
(b) The first of many prisoners.
(c) The only man of his kind.
(d) An Irish soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
2. Of what is Monsewer the owner?
3. Why can Mulleady not leave with Miss Gilchrist?
4. How does the story begin?
5. What is Miss Gilchrist heard doing?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)