|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
(a) Money is the best religion and the best form of politics.
(b) No amount of money can persuade them.
(c) Money means nothing when one is a Communist.
(d) They do not want his dirty money.
2. What does Pat sing?
(a) A humorous song about England.
(b) A lament about a laughing soldier killed for the Irish cause.
(c) A dramatic song about the IRA.
(d) A love song to Ireland.
3. What is the IRA?
(a) Iranian Republican Army.
(b) Irish Republican Army.
(c) Iranian Ruling Army.
(d) Irish Regency Army.
4. Monsewer comes in, checking with Pat to make sure about what?
(a) Preparations have been made for the arrival of the soldiers and their prisoner.
(b) His breakfast has been prepared.
(c) The boarding house is full.
(d) All rent money has been paid.
5. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
(a) He is a member of the IRA.
(b) He is a Pole.
(c) He is a stranger.
(d) He is a Communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a brief argument what does Mulleady do?
2. Why is this person playing the bagpipes?
3. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
4. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
5. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)