|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
(a) How horrible Monsewer's mother was.
(b) Monsewer's move to Ireland as a child.
(c) The circumstances by which they came to work at this boarding house.
(d) The manipulative circumstances of the treaty's signing.
2. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(c) Gun shots.
(d) Violence, music, and humor.
3. Meg comes back in. About what do she and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Monsewer's leaving is a good choice.
(b) Whether the British will take them hostage.
(c) Whether the Irish Soldier should be staying here.
(d) Whether Monsewer's kidnapping plan is a good one.
4. About what else do Meg and Pat argue?
(a) Whether Meg has any right to argue because she's too young to remember the IRA's first battles in the early 1900's.
(b) Whether Meg should know many details about the arrival of this prisoner.
(c) Pat's ability to deal with the Soldier.
(d) Pat's missing leg.
5. During the conversation, what does Pat comment about the fight of the IRA for independence?
(a) It is over.
(b) It is almost over.
(c) It is never over.
(d) It has just begun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
2. Of what is Pat afraid, regarding the IRA's cause?
3. This raucous comedy-drama tells the parallel stories of what two people?
4. About what does Pat sing?
5. What does Monsewer think about everyone who lives in the house?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)