|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what else do Meg and Pat argue?
(a) Pat's ability to deal with the Soldier.
(b) Pat's missing leg.
(c) Whether Meg should know many details about the arrival of this prisoner.
(d) Whether Meg has any right to argue because she's too young to remember the IRA's first battles in the early 1900's.
2. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
(a) He was born in England but was Irish on his father's side.
(b) He was born in Irelnad but was English on his father's side.
(c) He was born in Ireland but was English on his mother's side.
(d) He was born in England but was Irish on his mother's side.
3. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
(a) He reprimands her for being greedy.
(b) He indicates that the sailor should follow her into her room.
(c) He tells her to return the money immediately.
(d) He takes the money from her.
4. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
5. After a brief argument what does Mulleady do?
(a) He goes without his shirt.
(b) He goes to buy a new shirt.
(c) He gets a shirt from Meg.
(d) He refolds his shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this person playing the bagpipes?
2. This story explores themes relating to what?
3. What ironic comment does Pat make, regarding what Monsewar has told him?
4. How does the story begin?
5. What do Pat and Meg talk briefly about when Monsewer leaves?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)