|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Pat sing?
(a) How he wishes he were an Irishman.
(b) How he wonders what life is like outside of Ireland.
(c) How strong the IRA once was.
(d) How wonderful the Brits are.
2. What takes place suddenly in this story?
(b) Gun shots.
(c) Violence, music, and humor.
3. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
(a) They are breaking the law.
(b) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the Irish Republican Army and the British government.
(c) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the United States and the Nazi party.
(d) The property for which they care is under investigation.
4. How does the story begin?
(a) The actors dance an Irish jig.
(b) The actors walk solemnly onto the stage.
(c) A narrator appears.
(d) Rock and roll music is heard.
5. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
(a) How horrible Monsewer's mother was.
(b) The manipulative circumstances of the treaty's signing.
(c) The circumstances by which they came to work at this boarding house.
(d) Monsewer's move to Ireland as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as a transition into the first scene?
2. Why is this person playing the bagpipes?
3. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
4. What ironic comment does Pat make, regarding what Monsewar has told him?
5. Pat comments that when he first arrived, Monsewer spoke nothing but what?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)