|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
(a) No amount of money can persuade them.
(b) Money means nothing when one is a Communist.
(c) They do not want his dirty money.
(d) Money is the best religion and the best form of politics.
2. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
(a) The circumstances by which they came to work at this boarding house.
(b) Monsewer's move to Ireland as a child.
(c) The manipulative circumstances of the treaty's signing.
(d) How horrible Monsewer's mother was.
3. What serves as a transition into the first scene?
(a) A loud noise.
(b) A scream.
(c) A blast of bagpipes.
(d) A gunshot.
4. Who are the caretakers?
(a) Meg and Pat.
(b) Teresa and Pat.
(c) Meg and Teresa.
(d) Monsewer and Teresa.
5. About what else do Meg and Pat argue?
(a) Pat's ability to deal with the Soldier.
(b) Whether Meg should know many details about the arrival of this prisoner.
(c) Whether Meg has any right to argue because she's too young to remember the IRA's first battles in the early 1900's.
(d) Pat's missing leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat salutes him, sees he has something important to talk about, and tells Meg to do what?
2. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
3. When he is finished, he and Meg talk further about what?
4. What does his missing leg have to do with his conversation with Meg?
5. Mulleady hurries in shouting for what?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)