|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are they both captured and held hostage?
(a) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the United States and the Nazi party.
(b) As part of the ongoing hostilities between the Irish Republican Army and the British government.
(c) They are breaking the law.
(d) The property for which they care is under investigation.
2. How does Monsewer go out after hearing this news?
3. Pat salutes him, sees he has something important to talk about, and tells Meg to do what?
(a) Plug her ears.
(b) Begin cooking dinner.
(c) Sweep the steps.
4. As the IRA officer inspects the books, what does he say?
(a) If he had his way, the prisoner would be going to another house.
(b) If he had his way, the prisoner would stay here.
(c) If he had his way, he would stay here without the prisoner.
(d) If her had his way, this home would be destroyed.
5. What does Monsewer remember when talking to the Soldier?
(a) His time as a soldier.
(b) Dancing Irish jigs as a child.
(c) Playing cricket as a boy.
(d) Learning to play the bagpipes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the marchers doing?
2. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
3. Who are the caretakers?
4. When the sailor shows a handful of notes, what do Meg and Pat comment?
5. As the parade passes, what does Miss Gilchrist do to the Soldier?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)