|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
(a) He was born in England but was Irish on his father's side.
(b) He was born in England but was Irish on his mother's side.
(c) He was born in Ireland but was English on his mother's side.
(d) He was born in Irelnad but was English on his father's side.
2. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
(a) He is actually French.
(b) He is both anti-Irish and anti-British.
(c) He is an American.
(d) He is both pro-Irish and pro-British.
3. Why does Mulleady say Colette should not have to service the Polish sailor?
(a) He is a member of the IRA.
(b) He is a Pole.
(c) He is a stranger.
(d) He is a Communist.
4. As he comes in, the Soldier does what?
(a) Says, "Long live the Queen!"
(b) Sings a song about how good it is to be on earth.
(c) Sings an Irish tune.
(d) Dances an Irish jig.
5. How old is the Soldier?
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes place suddenly in this story?
2. Teresa catches the Soldier looking around the room, and at first he says he is only looking for an ashtray, but then admits what?
3. Describe the song the Soldier sings.
4. What do they do when music comes on the radio?
5. How does the scene end?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)