|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This person who will soon be arriving is what?
(a) An Irish soldier.
(b) The first of many prisoners.
(c) A kind man.
(d) The only man of his kind.
2. What does the Officer do after Pat calls him?
(a) He takes the Soldier out.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He orders an escort for the Soldier.
(d) He tells Pat to stay quiet.
3. This story explores themes relating to what?
(a) Sin and degradation.
(b) The nature of imprisonment, preconception, and honor.
(c) Compassion and love.
(d) The war between the IRA and the British.
4. How do the others respond when the Soldier asks whether any of the others would let him free?
(a) No one responds.
(b) Teresa, alone, said she would free him.
(c) Everyone says they would free him.
(d) No one will free him.
5. What ironic comment does Pat make, regarding what Monsewar has told him?
(a) How wonderful it is to be British.
(b) How great it is the IRA is fighting again.
(c) How sad it is that the IRA is fighting again.
(d) How he wishes the IRA would fight again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat sing?
2. What does Meg tearfully tell him?
3. What does the Soldier say about the members of the British Parliament?
4. As Pat offers the Volunteer and the Soldier a drink, what does the Soldier demand?
5. What does the officer tell Meg and Teresa to do?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)