|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Monsewer choose his title?
(a) He wanted nothing to do with anything English such as the title "mister."
(b) He grew tired of his name.
(c) He wishes he were French.
(d) He wanted to sound sophisticated.
2. How does the story begin?
(a) The actors dance an Irish jig.
(b) The actors walk solemnly onto the stage.
(c) A narrator appears.
(d) Rock and roll music is heard.
3. What does Pat do when Colette takes the money?
(a) He tells her to return the money immediately.
(b) He reprimands her for being greedy.
(c) He takes the money from her.
(d) He indicates that the sailor should follow her into her room.
4. What do Pat, Meg, and Monsewer discuss?
(a) The good qualities of the English.
(b) The merits of Irish versus English.
(c) How strange Monsewer is.
(d) How beautiful the French language is.
5. How does Pat try to reassure her?
(a) Saying she is a good housekeeper.
(b) Saying it will be their home again soon.
(c) Saying he knows Monsewer will sell it soon.
(d) Saying she is nothing like the merciless prostitutes and thieves he really meant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mulleady hurries in shouting for what?
2. What circumstances do Meg and Pat discuss?
3. What do Pat and Meg say about Monsewer's history?
4. This person who will soon be arriving is what?
5. What is Monsewer doing as he comes in?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)