|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
(a) He is actually French.
(b) He is an American.
(c) He is both anti-Irish and anti-British.
(d) He is both pro-Irish and pro-British.
2. What are the marchers doing?
(a) Playing with the children watching the parade.
(b) Dancing an Irish jig.
(c) Protesting the execution of the imprisoned Irish soldier.
(d) Celebrating a day of independence from Great Britain.
3. How can the song by the Soldier be understood?
(a) As a reference to the influence of America on many in Europe.
(b) As a song of love for his Irish captors.
(c) As a a reference to his resentment, and British resentment in general, for all non-British.
(d) As a way to show that he has worth.
4. What do various characters say about the Soldier?
(a) He should be hanged.
(b) He should be fed.
(c) He should be put in a smaller cell.
(d) He should be shown mercy.
5. About what is Meg's song?
(a) Irish rebels being attacked by the British in the way the Germans in World War II attacked the French.
(b) Regret and loneliness.
(c) Peace between the Irish and British.
(d) Love and compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Gilchrist heard doing?
2. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
3. What do the other characters do as the Officer is thinking?
4. What does the Soldier do when he looks at the paper?
5. What kind of music is heard?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)