|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the IRA officer come in and do?
(a) He asks for a room to rent.
(b) He asks a list of questions about the house.
(c) He aks for the prisoner.
(d) He pays the rent for the prisoner.
2. What does the Officer not want on the Soldier's conscience?
(a) A less than satisfying meal.
(b) A mortal sin.
(c) Guilt for making Meg work.
(d) The memory of a poorly sung song.
3. What does Teresa promise?
(a) To do her job.
(b) To leave.
(c) To listen to Pat.
(d) To work hard and be serious.
4. How does Pat respond when the Officer asks if Teresa can be trusted?
(a) Pat says she cannot be trusted.
(b) Pat hopes she can be trusted.
(c) Pat is not sure she can be trusted.
(d) Pat assures him that she can be trusted.
5. How can the song by the Soldier be understood?
(a) As a a reference to his resentment, and British resentment in general, for all non-British.
(b) As a way to show that he has worth.
(c) As a reference to the influence of America on many in Europe.
(d) As a song of love for his Irish captors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Soldier describes their situation as war, about what does Meg speak angrily?
2. How do Meg and the other characters make jokes about the author?
3. Meg appears, looking for whom?
4. Pat has a long history of disagreements with whom?
5. What does Miss Gilchrist think about the Royal Family?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)