|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Granddad send Lonnie and Jesse?
(a) To town so they will not have to watch.
(b) To the city to file paperwork.
(c) No where.
(d) To get gasoline.
2. Who is unconscious on the floor in Halmea's house?
(b) No one.
3. What does Lonnie think would have been better for Granddad?
(a) To have gotten out of ranching.
(b) To have died with his first wife.
(c) To have tried to defy the government.
(d) To have gotten rid of Hud and his second wife.
4. How does Granddad seem after the cattle slaughter?
5. What does Lonnie notice on the porch.
(a) A package from the post office.
(b) His granddad's lawyer.
(c) A place where it is clear Granddad fell off.
(d) His dog is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hud doing when Lonnie finds him at the rodeo?
2. Where does Lonnie wait in the church?
3. What is Granddad's state?
4. What wakes Lonnie in the night?
5. Where does Hermy go?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Hud confess?
2. What is wrong with the porch?
3. How is Granddad acting when Hud and Lonnie go up to him?
4. Who does Hud send for help and what happens as Lonnie is by the roadside?
5. What does Lonnie decide about his life in the immediate future?
6. For whom does Lonnie go looking and why?
7. What does Granddad have in the barnyard and what is the significance?
8. What does Hud say about Granddad?
9. How is Hud when he arrives home and why is he angry?
10. What does Hermy tell Lonnie?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)