|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonnie notice about Halmea?
(a) She is unresponsive to Lonnie's questions.
(b) She looks dead.
(c) She is singing.
(d) She is beat up.
2. What do they do to the cattle?
(a) Nothing yet.
(b) Vaccinate them.
(c) Give them high doses of antibiotics.
(d) Shoot them.
3. Who does Lonnie try to avoid?
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Granny's relatives.
4. Why does Granddad want to kill the cattle in the barnyard himself?
(a) He thinks they will understand if he does it.
(b) He raised them.
(c) He has no real reason.
(d) He does not want to be the one to kill them.
5. What does Granddad do for all the hired hands?
(a) Equips them for the round up.
(b) Gives them bonuses.
(c) Cooks breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Lonnie unsure?
2. Who has Granddad named?
3. How does Lonnie help Halmea?
4. Who had Granddad forced off the ranch numerous times?
5. Where does Lonnie go?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Hud confess?
2. Who cooks breakfast for all the men and who is not there?
3. What does Lonnie do and think about after the church service?
4. What does Lonnie want to do and what is Halmea's response?
5. How is Granddad acting when Hud and Lonnie go up to him?
6. What does Lonnie hear and what does he think?
7. What does Hud say about Granddad?
8. What does Lonnie decide about his life in the immediate future?
9. What do the men do after breakfast?
10. What does Hermy tell Lonnie?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)