|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonnie find at the ranch after taking Halmea to town?
(a) Granddad is rounding up cattle.
(b) Jesse has quit.
(c) Hud is beaten up.
(d) Hud has an arm in a sling.
2. What does the preacher say about Granddad?
(b) He accepted death.
(c) He hated the earth.
(d) Not much.
3. Why is Hud angry with Halmea?
(a) She burns a hole in his trousers.
(b) She ruins his good white shirt.
(c) She is not there to serve him.
(d) She does not say sir to him.
4. Where does Lonnie go?
(b) To his room to sleep.
(c) To his private camping spot.
(d) To find Jesse.
5. Who has moved to Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Halmea go with some friends?
2. How is Hud the night Halmea goes out?
3. What does Lonnie do after seeing off his friend?
4. Of what is Lonnie unsure?
5. Where does Lonnie wait in the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lonnie hide and what does he do the day after Granddad's death?
2. What do Lonnie, Jesse and Halmea do and what makes Halmea laugh so hard?
3. What does Lonnie do and think about after the church service?
4. What do the men do after breakfast?
5. Who cooks breakfast for all the men and who is not there?
6. Who does Hud send for help and what happens as Lonnie is by the roadside?
7. What does Hud say about Granddad?
8. What does Granddad have in the barnyard and what is the significance?
9. How does Hud act the day after Granddad's death?
10. What explanation does Hud give Halmea for his behavior and what is the aftermath of the situation?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)