|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonnie notice about Halmea?
(a) She is unresponsive to Lonnie's questions.
(b) She is singing.
(c) She looks dead.
(d) She is beat up.
2. How does Lonnie help Halmea?
(a) He drives her to town.
(b) He cleans the wounds she cannot reach.
(c) He calls the sheriff.
(d) He wakes his granddad.
3. What does Lonnie find at the ranch after taking Halmea to town?
(a) Jesse has quit.
(b) Hud has an arm in a sling.
(c) Hud is beaten up.
(d) Granddad is rounding up cattle.
4. What does Lonnie see coming up behind him?
(a) A car driving very fast.
(b) A man galloping on a horse.
(d) A police car with its lights on.
5. About what does Hermy ask Lonnie?
(a) A deal Hud has worked.
(b) If Halmea used to work for his family.
(c) Why Hud is living in Thalia.
(d) Where Lonnie wants to go after high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lonnie hide?
2. Who burns the cattle carcasses?
3. Who does Lonnie try to avoid?
4. According to Granddad, what does Hud lack the power to do?
5. Where does Lonnie wait in the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hermy tell Lonnie?
2. Where does Granddad send Lonnie and Jesse, and what do they discuss?
3. Who does Hud send for help and what happens as Lonnie is by the roadside?
4. What does Hud say about Granddad?
5. How is Granddad acting when Hud and Lonnie go up to him?
6. Why does Lonnie swerve off the road and what does Hud do?
7. What does Lonnie do in response to what Hud tells him?
8. What do Lonnie, Jesse and Halmea do and what makes Halmea laugh so hard?
9. What does Lonnie discover when he investigates Hud's shouts?
10. What does Lonnie think when he hears a shot and what does he subsequently find?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)