|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys amuse themselves back in Thalia?
(b) Rating girls.
(c) Peeing contests.
(d) Spitting contests.
2. What makes the strain less dangerous?
(a) If it takes a couple weeks to kill since it then infects more.
(b) If it kills within 5 days.
(c) If it can infect across species.
(d) If it can be passed by touch.
3. Who does Lonnie see in Thalia?
(a) A girl with whom he wants to go out.
(b) A poster about the upcoming state fair.
(c) His buddies.
(d) A two-headed cow.
4. What has technology done to the rural way of life?
(a) Made it harder.
(b) Made it less appealing.
(c) Made it easier.
(d) Pushed it aside.
5. What is Halmea doing with Granny in town?
(a) Calling her boyfriend on the phone.
(b) Granny's work along with her own.
(c) Making Lonnie what he wants for lunch.
(d) Things she isn't supposed to be doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Granny going into the city?
2. What is Larry's grandmother's most outstanding characteristic?
3. Of what is Granddad suspicious?
4. What does Hud say about Halmea when Lonnie asks?
5. Where does Lonnie go when he leaves the ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Granddad come to marry his second wife?
2. Who is Jesse and when does he arrive at the ranch?
3. What do the men on the ranch do the next day?
4. What do Lonnie's friends decide to do after a few games of pool and why are they successful?
5. What happens to Lonnie while helping test the cattle and what does he do?
6. Who is Newt Garrett and why does he come to the ranch?
7. How do Jesse's stories affect Lonnie?
8. For what is Hud late the next morning and what is Granny's response?
9. What does Lonnie think about in the Prologue?
10. How does Mr. Burris reassure Granddad?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)