|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one exciting event of the year for the town of Thalia?
(a) Branding time.
(c) The rodeo.
(d) The State Fair.
2. What does Hud do to anyone who seems weak?
(a) Teases them.
(b) Knocks them around.
(c) Patiently teaches them.
(d) Ignores them.
3. What makes the strain less dangerous?
(a) If it takes a couple weeks to kill since it then infects more.
(b) If it can infect across species.
(c) If it kills within 5 days.
(d) If it can be passed by touch.
4. What is Granddad unwilling to do?
(a) Let the government deal with the cattle.
(b) He does not say.
(c) Keep his cattle.
(d) Shoot his cattle.
5. What does a visiting cousin insist?
(a) That Cement, Oklahoma is even better than Thalia.
(b) That Oklahoma City is better than Thalia.
(c) That he and his cousin have to get home.
(d) That Thalia is no worse than Oklahoma City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the men start doing the next morning?
2. How does Larry feel about Hud?
3. How do the boys amuse themselves back in Thalia?
4. What does Granddad call money from oil?
5. What do Lonnie, Jesse and Lonzo do in Thalia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lonnie want to go and why does he say he wants to do so?
2. Why do Lonnie, Hud and Granddad go to the stockyards?
3. How do Jesse's stories affect Lonnie?
4. What is Hud's response on the way back from the stockyards when Granddad asks his opinion about the cattle?
5. What does Newt say about the dead heifer?
6. What does Lonnie think about in the Prologue?
7. What do the men on the ranch do the next day?
8. What is a tender scene between Lonnie and Halmea when Lonnie goes in the house?
9. What is Granddad's response to Newt's suggestion?
10. Who is Jesse and when does he arrive at the ranch?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)