|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hud as a cowboy?
(a) He's a great roper but not very good with horses.
(b) He is good at what he does.
(c) He is not a cowboy.
(d) He is a bit of a fumbler.
2. How does Lonnie feel after hearing Hud and Granddad's conversation?
(d) Confused and depressed.
3. What is one of Lonnie's grandfather's most noticeable characteristics?
4. What makes Lonnie want to travel?
(a) Reading travel magazines.
(b) The bad home situation.
(c) Listening to Jesse's stories.
(d) Hearing about WWII in Europe from Hud.
5. What does Lonnie say he wants to do?
(a) Buy groceries.
(b) Visit Granny.
(c) Ask the neighbor's about their cattle.
(d) Go right to bed because he's exhausted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Granny going into the city?
2. For what does Lonnie get permission the night after the state vet comes back?
3. Why does the storekeeper ignore the situation with Lonnie and his friends?
4. Who drives Lonnie's friends home?
5. What does Lonzo suggest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Lonnie, Hud and Granddad go to the stockyards?
2. How does Granddad come to marry his second wife?
3. What is a tender scene between Lonnie and Halmea when Lonnie goes in the house?
4. How do Jesse's stories affect Lonnie?
5. What is Granddad's response to Newt's suggestion?
6. For what is Hud late the next morning and what is Granny's response?
7. How does Mr. Burris reassure Granddad?
8. Who is Halmea and what does Lonnie think of her?
9. Where does Lonnie go that evening with Jesse and Lonzo and whom does he see?
10. What is the most exciting event of the year for Thalia and how does Lonnie feel about it?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)