|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Lonnie leave the stockyard?
(a) A boy who is talking incessantly.
(b) His granddad gives him money to go buy something.
(c) His granny wants him to get some groceries.
(d) Hud tells him to get out of there.
2. Who does the state vet bring on his return to the ranch?
(a) A bovine epidemiologist.
(b) Several technicians.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) No one.
3. What is Halmea doing with Granny in town?
(a) Things she isn't supposed to be doing.
(b) Calling her boyfriend on the phone.
(c) Granny's work along with her own.
(d) Making Lonnie what he wants for lunch.
4. What does Lonnie think young people want to do in the present?
(a) Stay on the family farms and feel connected.
(b) Experience all the excitement they can find in life.
(d) Eat, sleep and do drugs.
5. Why does Lonnie keep working after he is hurt?
(a) He doesn't realize how badly he is injured.
(b) There is a girl there he is trying to impress.
(c) There is so much to do.
(d) He fears ridicule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was life like before the arrival of mass communication?
2. What does the storekeeper ignore?
3. What does Hud say to Granddad about the ranch?
4. What does Halmea say she wants when Lonnie asks her?
5. What does the state vet take with him for examination?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)