|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Larry's grandmother's most outstanding characteristic?
(c) Crabbiness with complaints.
2. Why doesn't Granddad want to call the state vet?
(a) He doesn't want the government to shut him down.
(b) He hasn't the money to pay the man.
(c) He will call the man when they find the heifer.
(d) He hates the government.
3. What does Lonnie think young people want to do in the present?
(b) Stay on the family farms and feel connected.
(c) Experience all the excitement they can find in life.
(d) Eat, sleep and do drugs.
4. Of what does Jesse complain?
(a) That he has the worst luck.
(b) That his brother does not share his wages with their mother.
(c) That his brother took most of the family's money.
(d) That the girl he wanted to meet is with some other man.
5. What has technology done to the rural way of life?
(a) Pushed it aside.
(b) Made it easier.
(c) Made it harder.
(d) Made it less appealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hud resent Granddad about Hud going off to WWII?
2. What does Halmea say she wants when Lonnie asks her?
3. What do Lonnie, Jesse and Lonzo do in Thalia?
4. Of what does Lonnie dream?
5. What does the state vet do to the ranch?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)