|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has technology done to the rural way of life?
(a) Made it less appealing.
(b) Made it harder.
(c) Made it easier.
(d) Pushed it aside.
2. What is Halmea doing with Granny in town?
(a) Granny's work along with her own.
(b) Making Lonnie what he wants for lunch.
(c) Calling her boyfriend on the phone.
(d) Things she isn't supposed to be doing.
3. What does the state vet take with him for examination?
(a) The heifer's brain.
(b) The heifer's tongue.
(d) Blood specimens from several other of the cattle.
4. Of what is Granddad suspicious?
(a) About what Hud will do when his mother dies.
(b) Of Hud giving Larry girlie magazines.
(c) What has happened to the heifer.
(d) What Hud was doing in town.
5. Why is Mr. Burris dismayed?
(a) Because Granny is not there for him to see her.
(b) Because they opened up the heifer's carcass.
(c) Because Jesse is working as a ranch hand.
(d) Because Lonnie and his friends made so much noise in the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lonnie go when he leaves the ranch?
2. Who does Lonnie see in Thalia?
3. How does Granddad respond to Lonzo's suggestion?
4. What do all the men start doing the next morning?
5. Why doesn't Granddad want to call the state vet?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)