|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newt say about the heifer?
(a) He can see that it has been poisoned.
(b) He cannot see any obvious signs of disease.
(c) The heifer could be anywhere by now.
(d) The heifer is too young to have died without cause.
2. How old is Lonnie at the opening of Chapter 1?
3. Who is Jesse?
(a) The new hired hand.
(b) Halmea's grandson.
(c) Hud's school buddy.
(d) Larry's half brother.
4. About what does Lonnie reminisce in the Prologue?
(a) His upcoming marriage.
(b) His childhood on his family ranch in Texas.
(c) His sister's recent death.
(d) His father's recent death.
5. What do Lonnie, Jesse and Lonzo do in Thalia?
(a) Try to pick up girls.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Register for school.
(d) Have ice cream at the soda fountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Granddad respond to Lonzo's suggestion?
2. Of what does the state vet think the heifer died?
3. What does Lonnie do with his buddies?
4. Why does the storekeeper ignore the situation with Lonnie and his friends?
5. Who is Mr. Burris?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)