|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Burris?
(a) The movie theater manager in Thalia.
(b) Jesse's uncle.
(c) The state vet.
(d) An old friend of Granddad.
2. Who does Lonnie see in Thalia?
(a) His buddies.
(b) A poster about the upcoming state fair.
(c) A two-headed cow.
(d) A girl with whom he wants to go out.
3. Who lives on the family ranch with Lonnie?
(a) His grandparents and uncle.
(b) His wife and child.
(c) His parents and two siblings.
(d) His brother.
4. Of what is Granddad suspicious?
(a) What Hud was doing in town.
(b) Of Hud giving Larry girlie magazines.
(c) What has happened to the heifer.
(d) About what Hud will do when his mother dies.
5. What makes the strain less dangerous?
(a) If it takes a couple weeks to kill since it then infects more.
(b) If it can infect across species.
(c) If it kills within 5 days.
(d) If it can be passed by touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was life like before the arrival of mass communication?
2. Who drives Lonnie's friends home?
3. Who is Hud?
4. Who is Jesse?
5. What does the state vet do to the ranch?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)