|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halmea think Jesse needs?
(a) To work as a mechanic at the new service station.
(b) To move to California, the land of opportunity.
(c) A wife and children.
(d) A job on a more modern ranch.
2. What does the state vet take with him for examination?
(a) The heifer's tongue.
(c) Blood specimens from several other of the cattle.
(d) The heifer's brain.
3. Why is Mr. Burris dismayed?
(a) Because they opened up the heifer's carcass.
(b) Because Jesse is working as a ranch hand.
(c) Because Granny is not there for him to see her.
(d) Because Lonnie and his friends made so much noise in the show.
4. Why doesn't Granddad want to call the state vet?
(a) He doesn't want the government to shut him down.
(b) He hates the government.
(c) He will call the man when they find the heifer.
(d) He hasn't the money to pay the man.
5. How is Hud as a cowboy?
(a) He is good at what he does.
(b) He's a great roper but not very good with horses.
(c) He is not a cowboy.
(d) He is a bit of a fumbler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Jesse complain?
2. What do Lonnie, Jesse and Lonzo do in Thalia?
3. What did Lonzo do all night?
4. What does Lonnie think young people want to do in the present?
5. What does Hud do to anyone who seems weak?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)