|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hud do to anyone who seems weak?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Teases them.
(c) Knocks them around.
(d) Patiently teaches them.
2. What else has technology done?
(a) Helped save Lonnie's sister's life.
(b) Helped save Lonnie's father's life.
(c) Changed things forever.
(d) Made Lonnie's family lose their farm.
3. What do Lonnie, Jesse and Lonzo do in Thalia?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Have ice cream at the soda fountain.
(c) Try to pick up girls.
(d) Register for school.
4. What does Jesse do as the others return to the house?
(a) Stay in the pasture.
(b) Go to search for the heifer.
(c) Go into town to call the state vet.
(d) Go to visit his girlfriend who is the cook at the nearest neighbor's.
5. Who is Jesse?
(a) Hud's school buddy.
(b) Halmea's grandson.
(c) The new hired hand.
(d) Larry's half brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry's grandmother's most outstanding characteristic?
2. Why doesn't Granddad want to call the state vet?
3. What does Hud think should be done about the heifer?
4. Who is Halmea?
5. Who does Lonnie see in Thalia?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)