|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonnie say he wants to do?
(a) Ask the neighbor's about their cattle.
(b) Go right to bed because he's exhausted.
(c) Visit Granny.
(d) Buy groceries.
2. According to Granddad, what does Hud lack the power to do?
(a) Sell the ranch.
(b) Make decisions about the oil drilling.
(c) Assume responsibility for Lonnie if Granddad dies.
(d) Have Halmea arrested.
3. What does the storekeeper ignore?
(a) The boys treat the two women with them rather roughly.
(b) Lonnie and his friends are underage.
(c) The boys are not from Oklahoma.
(d) Lonnie and his friends do not live in that town.
4. What makes Lonnie want to travel?
(a) Listening to Jesse's stories.
(b) The bad home situation.
(c) Reading travel magazines.
(d) Hearing about WWII in Europe from Hud.
5. How does Granddad feel about his cows?
(a) They are what he does.
(c) The cattle actually belong to a neighbor.
(d) They are his livelihood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granddad tell Lonnie?
2. Where does Hermy go?
3. What is Granddad unwilling to do?
4. What does Granddad call money from oil?
5. What does the vet want to do to a few of the cattle and horses?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)