Prologue- Chapter 1
1. About what does Lonnie reminisce in the Prologue?
(a) His sister's recent death.
(b) His upcoming marriage.
(c) His childhood on his family ranch in Texas.
(d) His father's recent death.
2. What was life like before the arrival of mass communication?
(a) More dangerous.
(b) Families were closer.
(c) More interesting.
3. What does Lonnie think young people want to do in the present?
(a) Eat, sleep and do drugs.
(b) Experience all the excitement they can find in life.
(d) Stay on the family farms and feel connected.
4. What has technology done to the rural way of life?
(a) Made it easier.
(b) Made it less appealing.
(c) Pushed it aside.
(d) Made it harder.
5. What else has technology done?
(a) Helped save Lonnie's sister's life.
(b) Helped save Lonnie's father's life.
(c) Changed things forever.
(d) Made Lonnie's family lose their farm.
6. How old is Lonnie at the opening of Chapter 1?
7. Who lives on the family ranch with Lonnie?
(a) His brother.
(b) His parents and two siblings.
(c) His wife and child.
(d) His grandparents and uncle.
This section contains 4,640 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)