|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Grand Vizier say the Narnians will react to the prince's plan?
2. Why don't Prince Cor and Aravis ride the horses to Anvard?
3. How did Prince Cor get to Calormen from Archenland?
4. What frightens Shasta about the stranger beside him?
5. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
2. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
3. How does the Hermit know about events that take place far away?
4. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
5. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
6. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
7. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
8. What did the Lion do for Shasta when he was a baby?
9. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
10. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this book, Pride becomes an important quality in characters like Bree, Aravis, Rabadash, and Corin. On the other hand, Shasta and Hwin are both very humble characters. What is the author saying about pride in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Identity is a key theme in The Horse and His Boy. Write an essay that examines how the identities of the characters change in different situations.
Essay Topic 3
Mistaken identities abound in this story. Write an essay that explores the many times that people (or animals) in this story are thought to be different from who they really are. What conclusions can you reach about these mistaken identities?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)