|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries Shasta's message to Cair Paravel?
2. Why did the Lion wound Aravis?
3. How does Lasaraleen react after the Tisroc leaves?
4. Why is Bree so ashamed of himself?
5. How did Prince Cor get to Calormen from Archenland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
2. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
3. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
4. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
5. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
6. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
7. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
8. What did the Lion do for Shasta when he was a baby?
9. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
10. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In presenting Calormen, C.S. Lewis is contrasting a very different culture to that of Narnia. What are the origins of this world? Write an essay describing the possible inspiration of the Calormen culture.
Essay Topic 2
What does it mean that Bree won't let Shasta hold the reins to his bridle? What does that say about Bree and about Shasta as characters? Use examples from the text to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Critics of the Chronicles of Narnia point out that they often illustrate allegories of Christian mythology. Write an essay addressing the similarities between this story and Christian gospel.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)