|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the companions refuge?
2. Why did the Lion wound Aravis?
3. What does Hwin do when she realizes Rabadash has crossed the desert?
4. How did Prince Cor get to Calormen from Archenland?
5. What does the Lion call himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
2. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
3. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
4. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
5. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
6. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
7. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
8. What does Prince Corin persuade Shasta to do?
9. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
10. How does the author describe Aslan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it mean that Bree won't let Shasta hold the reins to his bridle? What does that say about Bree and about Shasta as characters? Use examples from the text to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
Critics of the Chronicles of Narnia point out that they often illustrate allegories of Christian mythology. Write an essay addressing the similarities between this story and Christian gospel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the way information is conveyed from one person or place to another. How is the author exploring the theme of messengers in this story?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)