|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising thing does King Lune do when Corin introduces Shasta?
2. What is Shasta told to do?
3. Which of the companions urges the most for speed after they reach the valley?
4. What do the Calormen soldiers do when they see the Narnians?
5. How many men does the Prince propose taking to Narnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the lion do to Aravis?
2. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
3. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
4. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
5. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
6. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
7. How does the author describe Aslan?
8. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
9. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
10. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of eavesdropping in this story? Write an essay that tracks every time that Shasta or another character overhears or sees something they wouldn't ordinarily know about.
Essay Topic 2
In this fantasy story, there are magical beings and there are beings who use magic. And there are humans. Why do you think the author chose to keep the humans non-magical?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the character and adventures of Shasta with one of the following mythic/fantasy heroes:
a) Luke Skywalker
b) Harry Potter
d) Frodo Baggins
e) Dorothy Gale
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)