|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One reason the Tisroc agrees to the Prince's plan is that:
2. What frightens Shasta about the stranger beside him?
3. What surprising thing does King Lune do when Corin introduces Shasta?
4. Who gives the companions refuge?
5. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
2. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
3. How does the author describe Aslan?
4. What does the lion do to Aravis?
5. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
6. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
7. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
8. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
9. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
10. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mistaken identities abound in this story. Write an essay that explores the many times that people (or animals) in this story are thought to be different from who they really are. What conclusions can you reach about these mistaken identities?
Essay Topic 2
C.S. Lewis uses very vivid descriptions of the various people and places in his stories. Write an essay that examines his use of imagery in this book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing the character and adventures of Shasta with one of the following mythic/fantasy heroes:
a) Luke Skywalker
b) Harry Potter
d) Frodo Baggins
e) Dorothy Gale
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)