|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose point of view does the author use to describe the battle?
2. The banner of the Narnian army consists of:
3. How does Lasaraleen react after the Tisroc leaves?
4. What, according to the author, is often the reward of doing a good deed?
5. What landmark did Shasta use to guide them through the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
2. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
3. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
4. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
5. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
6. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
7. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
8. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
9. How does the author describe Aslan?
10. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identity is a key theme in The Horse and His Boy. Write an essay that examines how the identities of the characters change in different situations.
Essay Topic 2
Although they are brothers, Cor and Corin are very different individuals. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Critics of the Chronicles of Narnia point out that they often illustrate allegories of Christian mythology. Write an essay addressing the similarities between this story and Christian gospel.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)