|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Cor ask Aravis to do?
2. One reason the Tisroc agrees to the Prince's plan is that:
3. What does Bree say that it means when Aslan is described as a lion?
4. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
5. How does Aslan leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Lion do for Shasta when he was a baby?
2. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
3. How does the Prince Rabadash plan to gain Queen Susan's hand in marriage?
4. What does Prince Corin persuade Shasta to do?
5. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
6. What does the lion do to Aravis?
7. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
8. What is the advantage to the Tisroc if Prince Rabadash's plan succeeds?
9. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
10. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character analysis for one of the following characters. Be sure to include their key events in the story, major characteristics, and whether or not they changed during the journey:
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay tracking the use of foreshadowing in this book. List the clues that foreshadow later events and explain how they help the reader understand what follows afterward.
Essay Topic 3
Mistaken identities abound in this story. Write an essay that explores the many times that people (or animals) in this story are thought to be different from who they really are. What conclusions can you reach about these mistaken identities?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)