|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aslan tell Aravis when she asks about her stepmother's slave?
2. What is Shasta told to do?
3. Why did the Lion chase Bree and Hwin on the night they met?
4. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
5. What does the prince intend to do with his army?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
2. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
3. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
4. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
5. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
6. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
7. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
8. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
9. What did the Lion do for Shasta when he was a baby?
10. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Critics of the Chronicles of Narnia point out that they often illustrate allegories of Christian mythology. Write an essay addressing the similarities between this story and Christian gospel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay tracking the use of foreshadowing in this book. List the clues that foreshadow later events and explain how they help the reader understand what follows afterward.
Essay Topic 3
World building is a technique used in fantasy writing to create believable settings for the characters and action. Write an essay that examines the world of Narnia in this book and others in the series.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)