|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Thornbut's armor?
2. Who is Thornbut?
3. What do the Narnians hear as they approach Anvard?
4. What, according to the author, is often the reward of doing a good deed?
5. Before traveling into Narnia, Bree and Hwin decide to
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
2. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
3. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
4. What does the lion do to Aravis?
5. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
6. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
7. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
8. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
9. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
10. Why does the Hermit say that Prince Rabadash should have called off the attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
C.S. Lewis uses very vivid descriptions of the various people and places in his stories. Write an essay that examines his use of imagery in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay placing this book into the entire Chronicles of Narnia series. What is most unique about this book? What function does it serve within the series?
Essay Topic 3
World building is a technique used in fantasy writing to create believable settings for the characters and action. Write an essay that examines the world of Narnia in this book and others in the series.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)