|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the context of this chapter, is a punt?
2. What is Shasta told to do?
3. How does the Tisroc react to his son's request?
4. What does Shasta do when they are being chased?
5. Why is Aravis disappointed when the prince leaves the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
2. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
3. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
4. What is the advantage to the Tisroc if Prince Rabadash's plan succeeds?
5. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
6. What did the Lion do for Shasta when he was a baby?
7. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
8. What does the lion do to Aravis?
9. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
10. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing the character and adventures of Shasta with one of the following mythic/fantasy heroes:
a) Luke Skywalker
b) Harry Potter
d) Frodo Baggins
e) Dorothy Gale
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes in this book is about friendship. Examine the story arcs of the four companions and write an essay describing how they all become friends.
Essay Topic 3
Mistaken identities abound in this story. Write an essay that explores the many times that people (or animals) in this story are thought to be different from who they really are. What conclusions can you reach about these mistaken identities?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)