|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising thing does King Lune do when Corin introduces Shasta?
2. What does the prince intend to do with his army?
3. What does Aslan do when Shasta kneels?
4. What is the most notable thing that Shasta does in the battle?
5. Before traveling into Narnia, Bree and Hwin decide to
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
2. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
3. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
4. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
5. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
6. What does the lion do to Aravis?
7. Why does the Hermit say that Prince Rabadash should have called off the attack?
8. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
9. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
10. Why doesn't Shasta yell at Bree to gallop faster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
World building is a technique used in fantasy writing to create believable settings for the characters and action. Write an essay that examines the world of Narnia in this book and others in the series.
Essay Topic 2
King Lune gives a very stern description of what it means to be a king. Look at the Princes, Kings, and Queens in this story. What do they demonstrate about the responsibilities of being a leader. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In presenting Calormen, C.S. Lewis is contrasting a very different culture to that of Narnia. What are the origins of this world? Write an essay describing the possible inspiration of the Calormen culture.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)