|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the prince plan to keep King Peter from bringing an army to Tashbaan to rescue his sister?
2. How many men does the Prince propose taking to Narnia?
3. How does the King react to Shasta?
4. How does the Grand Vizier say the Narnians will react to the prince's plan?
5. What does Shasta hear behind him when he reaches the crossroads?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
2. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
3. How does the Prince Rabadash plan to gain Queen Susan's hand in marriage?
4. What does the lion do to Aravis?
5. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
6. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
7. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
8. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
9. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
10. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this book, Pride becomes an important quality in characters like Bree, Aravis, Rabadash, and Corin. On the other hand, Shasta and Hwin are both very humble characters. What is the author saying about pride in this story?
Essay Topic 2
King Lune gives a very stern description of what it means to be a king. Look at the Princes, Kings, and Queens in this story. What do they demonstrate about the responsibilities of being a leader. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of eavesdropping in this story? Write an essay that tracks every time that Shasta or another character overhears or sees something they wouldn't ordinarily know about.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)