|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these phrases does Aravis use to describe Ahoshta?
2. Why is Aravis disappointed when the prince leaves the room?
3. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
4. What does the Lion call himself?
5. Who is Thornbut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
2. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
3. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
4. What does the lion do to Aravis?
5. How does the Hermit know about events that take place far away?
6. Why doesn't Shasta yell at Bree to gallop faster?
7. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
8. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
9. How does the author describe Aslan?
10. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the way information is conveyed from one person or place to another. How is the author exploring the theme of messengers in this story?
Essay Topic 2
In this book, Pride becomes an important quality in characters like Bree, Aravis, Rabadash, and Corin. On the other hand, Shasta and Hwin are both very humble characters. What is the author saying about pride in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Identity is a key theme in The Horse and His Boy. Write an essay that examines how the identities of the characters change in different situations.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)