|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most notable thing that Shasta does in the battle?
2. Whose point of view does the author use to describe the battle?
3. One reason the Tisroc agrees to the Prince's plan is that:
4. What causes the horses to run faster?
5. How does the Prince react to the Grand Vizier's advice?
Essay Topic 1
In this story, four companions are trying to find freedom, even though only two of them can really be considered slaves, and one of them is an upperclass lady. Write an essay that explores the concepts of Freedom and Slavery in The Horse and His Boy.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of eavesdropping in this story? Write an essay that tracks every time that Shasta or another character overhears or sees something they wouldn't ordinarily know about.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay tracking the use of foreshadowing in this book. List the clues that foreshadow later events and explain how they help the reader understand what follows afterward.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)