|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Lion's footprint?
2. What does the Tisroc command the Grand Vizier to do?
3. Where is Queen Susan during the battle?
4. What frightens Shasta about the stranger beside him?
5. What does Bree say that it means when Aslan is described as a lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
2. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
3. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
4. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
5. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
6. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
7. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
8. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
9. What does Prince Corin persuade Shasta to do?
10. How does the author describe Aslan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the way information is conveyed from one person or place to another. How is the author exploring the theme of messengers in this story?
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes in this book is about friendship. Examine the story arcs of the four companions and write an essay describing how they all become friends.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of eavesdropping in this story? Write an essay that tracks every time that Shasta or another character overhears or sees something they wouldn't ordinarily know about.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)