|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most notable thing that Shasta does in the battle?
2. What does Shasta do after he eats breakfast with the dwarves?
3. What does Shasta feel while waiting to start approaching the castle?
4. Where, according to the Hedgehog, is High King Peter of Narnia?
5. Where did the companions stop to rest during the day?
Essay Topic 1
Write a character analysis for one of the following characters. Be sure to include their key events in the story, major characteristics, and whether or not they changed during the journey:
Essay Topic 2
What does it mean that Bree won't let Shasta hold the reins to his bridle? What does that say about Bree and about Shasta as characters? Use examples from the text to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Identity is a key theme in The Horse and His Boy. Write an essay that examines how the identities of the characters change in different situations.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)