|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Lion call himself?
2. What marks the southern boundary of Archenland?
3. How does Aslan leave?
4. What does Hwin do when she realizes Rabadash has crossed the desert?
5. One reason the Tisroc agrees to the Prince's plan is that:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Hermit know about events that take place far away?
2. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
3. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
4. Why doesn't Shasta yell at Bree to gallop faster?
5. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
6. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
7. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
8. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
9. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
10. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mistaken identities abound in this story. Write an essay that explores the many times that people (or animals) in this story are thought to be different from who they really are. What conclusions can you reach about these mistaken identities?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay tracking the use of foreshadowing in this book. List the clues that foreshadow later events and explain how they help the reader understand what follows afterward.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the way information is conveyed from one person or place to another. How is the author exploring the theme of messengers in this story?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)