|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries Shasta's message to Cair Paravel?
2. How does the Tisroc react to this plan by Prince Rabadash?
3. How does Aravis react to Bree?
4. One reason the Tisroc agrees to the Prince's plan is that:
5. What does the Tisroc command the Grand Vizier to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Lion do for Shasta when he was a baby?
2. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
3. How does the Hermit know about events that take place far away?
4. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
5. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
6. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
7. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
8. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
9. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
10. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that examines the tone and voice of the author. How is it different or similar to other fantasy stories? Does it draw the reader into the story, or keep them at a distance. Use examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Write a character analysis for one of the following characters. Be sure to include their key events in the story, major characteristics, and whether or not they changed during the journey:
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the way information is conveyed from one person or place to another. How is the author exploring the theme of messengers in this story?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)