|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince react to the Grand Vizier's advice?
2. What does Shasta do after he eats breakfast with the dwarves?
3. What does Prince Cor ask Aravis to do?
4. Where is Queen Susan during the battle?
5. What does Shasta find in the glade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
2. What does the lion do to Aravis?
3. How does the Hermit know about events that take place far away?
4. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
5. Why is Bree so sure that Prince Rabadash hasn't left for Archenland yet?
6. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
7. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
8. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
9. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
10. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character analysis for one of the following characters. Be sure to include their key events in the story, major characteristics, and whether or not they changed during the journey:
Essay Topic 2
Although they are brothers, Cor and Corin are very different individuals. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters.
Essay Topic 3
In this story, four companions are trying to find freedom, even though only two of them can really be considered slaves, and one of them is an upperclass lady. Write an essay that explores the concepts of Freedom and Slavery in The Horse and His Boy.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)