|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Prince Cor and Aravis react when realize that they've both spoken to Aslan?
2. What does Shasta hear behind him when he reaches the crossroads?
3. What is the most notable thing that Shasta does in the battle?
4. Why is Bree so ashamed of himself?
5. Why did the Lion chase Bree and Hwin on the night they met?
Essay Topic 1
Critics of the Chronicles of Narnia point out that they often illustrate allegories of Christian mythology. Write an essay addressing the similarities between this story and Christian gospel.
Essay Topic 2
Although they are brothers, Cor and Corin are very different individuals. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters.
Essay Topic 3
C.S. Lewis uses very vivid descriptions of the various people and places in his stories. Write an essay that examines his use of imagery in this book.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)