|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shasta told to do?
2. What does Shasta do when they are being chased?
3. How did Prince Cor get to Calormen from Archenland?
4. Who is the first animal Shasta meets in Narnia?
5. What do the Calormen soldiers do when they see the Narnians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
2. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
3. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
4. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
5. What did the Lion do for Shasta when he was a baby?
6. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
7. How does the Prince Rabadash plan to gain Queen Susan's hand in marriage?
8. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
9. What does Prince Corin persuade Shasta to do?
10. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although they are brothers, Cor and Corin are very different individuals. Write an essay comparing and contrasting the two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Identity is a key theme in The Horse and His Boy. Write an essay that examines how the identities of the characters change in different situations.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of eavesdropping in this story? Write an essay that tracks every time that Shasta or another character overhears or sees something they wouldn't ordinarily know about.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)