|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Susan want to do?
2. What does Mr. Tumnus think has happened to Shasta?
3. What, according to Aravis, happened to the slave girl she drugged?
4. Who is riding the other horse?
5. Why did Shasta laugh at Bree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
2. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
3. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
4. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
5. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
6. What does Aravis realize about Bree and Shasta after spending time with Lasaraleen?
7. What is Shasta tempted to do after he is left alone to rest?
8. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
9. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
10. What does Shasta find most different about the place where he awakens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identity is a key theme in The Horse and His Boy. Write an essay that examines how the identities of the characters change in different situations.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the way information is conveyed from one person or place to another. How is the author exploring the theme of messengers in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character analysis for one of the following characters. Be sure to include their key events in the story, major characteristics, and whether or not they changed during the journey:
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)