|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shasta find in the saddlebags?
2. Why does Hwin think that Aravis would be happy in Narnia?
3. What disguise does Aravis wear in the Tisroc's palace?
4. Where is Tashbaan located?
5. How does Shasta get breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
2. What do the guards notice about the companions when they are passing into the city?
3. What does Aravis realize about Bree and Shasta after spending time with Lasaraleen?
4. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
5. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
6. Why did Aravis run away from home?
7. What does Shasta do when Bree and Hwin show up?
8. Describe the difference between the Narnians and the high class Calormene lords and ladies in the street.
9. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
10. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Critics of the Chronicles of Narnia point out that they often illustrate allegories of Christian mythology. Write an essay addressing the similarities between this story and Christian gospel.
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes in this book is about friendship. Examine the story arcs of the four companions and write an essay describing how they all become friends.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay tracking the use of foreshadowing in this book. List the clues that foreshadow later events and explain how they help the reader understand what follows afterward.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)