|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aravis sent a letter to her father. Who supposedly wrote it?
2. What, according to Aravis, happened to the slave girl she drugged?
3. What is King Edmund worried about?
4. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
5. What is unusual about Prince Corin's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
2. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
3. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
4. What are the Tombs of the Ancients?
5. Describe the difference between the Narnians and the high class Calormene lords and ladies in the street.
6. Why do Aravis and Lasaraleen have so much difficulty understanding each other?
7. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
8. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
9. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
10. What does Aravis realize about Bree and Shasta after spending time with Lasaraleen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mistaken identities abound in this story. Write an essay that explores the many times that people (or animals) in this story are thought to be different from who they really are. What conclusions can you reach about these mistaken identities?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the way information is conveyed from one person or place to another. How is the author exploring the theme of messengers in this story?
Essay Topic 3
World building is a technique used in fantasy writing to create believable settings for the characters and action. Write an essay that examines the world of Narnia in this book and others in the series.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)