|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
2. Who is really leading the companions through the city?
3. What plan does Shasta finally come up with?
4. Aravis sent a letter to her father. Who supposedly wrote it?
5. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
2. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
3. Why did Hwin reveal that she could talk to Aravis?
4. What does Aravis realize about Bree and Shasta after spending time with Lasaraleen?
5. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
6. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
7. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
8. What does Shasta find most different about the place where he awakens?
9. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
10. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the way information is conveyed from one person or place to another. How is the author exploring the theme of messengers in this story?
Essay Topic 2
In presenting Calormen, C.S. Lewis is contrasting a very different culture to that of Narnia. What are the origins of this world? Write an essay describing the possible inspiration of the Calormen culture.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in this book is about friendship. Examine the story arcs of the four companions and write an essay describing how they all become friends.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)