|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Darrin compliment Shasta on?
(a) His ability to ride a horse
(b) His bravery for warning them
(c) His stamina and speed in running
(d) His fine and noble contenance
2. Why is Aravis disappointed when the prince leaves the room?
(a) She thought the prince was very handsome.
(b) She realizes she'll never marry Ahoshta.
(c) The prince isn't as clever as she thought he was.
(d) The other men remain and she can't move yet.
3. Shasta has trouble riding his horse because:
(a) He's more used to talking horses.
(b) He doesn't know how to use the reins.
(c) The horse is still half-wild.
(d) The horse is much taller than Bree.
4. How does the Grand Vizier say the Narnians will react to the prince's plan?
(a) They will despise the prince for invading without issuing a challenge.
(b) They will cower and run away when they see the army advancing on them.
(c) They will excuse his behavior because it is based on love for Queen Susan.
(d) They will immediately hand over Queen Susan rather than risk a battle.
5. What does Bree say that it means when Aslan is described as a lion?
(a) That he has a mane and whiskers
(b) That he is strong and fierce
(c) That he is actually a lion
(d) That he is large and yellow
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Prince Cor fulfill the prophecy made at his birth?
2. How does Aravis react to Bree?
3. What does Shasta do after he eats breakfast with the dwarves?
4. What happens to Thornbut?
5. How does Aslan leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
2. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
3. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
4. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
5. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
6. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
7. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
8. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
9. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
10. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)