|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
(a) Gallop for a night and a day
(b) Brisk trots and short walks
(c) Slow and steady, that's the trick
(d) As fast as the wind can blow
2. How many men does the Prince propose taking to Narnia?
(a) Five hundred
(b) Two thousand
(c) Two hundred
(d) Three hundred
3. How does the prince plan to keep King Peter from bringing an army to Tashbaan to rescue his sister?
(a) By forging letters from her that say she's happy to stay in Calormen.
(b) By hiding her in a palace very far to the south of Tashbaan.
(c) By burning Cair Paravel to the ground and killing all of King Peter's horses.
(d) By building a large wall at the northern edge of the desert.
4. Why don't Prince Cor and Aravis ride the horses to Anvard?
(a) They want to prolong the journey
(b) Because one doesn't ride a Talking Horse in Narnia or Arkenland
(c) They no longer have saddles and bridles
(d) It's only about half a mile away
5. What advice did the Hermit give to Bree?
(a) To start living up to his great reputation
(b) To apologize to Shasta and the others
(c) To always finish what he sets out to do
(d) To realize that he's nobody special in Narnia
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the companions urges the most for speed after they reach the valley?
2. The banner of the Narnian army consists of:
3. How does Aravis react to Bree?
4. What does the prince intend to do with his army?
5. What does Lord Darrin compliment Shasta on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the advantage to the Tisroc if Prince Rabadash's plan succeeds?
2. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
3. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
4. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
5. How does the Prince Rabadash plan to gain Queen Susan's hand in marriage?
6. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
7. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
8. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
9. How does the author describe Aslan?
10. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)