|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lasaraleen react after the Tisroc leaves?
(a) She wants Aravis to help her warn the Prince.
(b) She wants to go back to her house immediately.
(c) She finds the Tisroc's attitude disgusting.
(d) She is determined to help Aravis escape that night.
2. What does Shasta hear behind him when he reaches the crossroads?
(a) The horns of King Lune's party
(b) Prince Rabadash's army
(c) The sound of a wild animal
(d) Someone breathing very loudly
3. When did the horses finally stop for the night?
(a) When Shasta told them to
(b) After Hwin collapsed
(c) When they reached a pool
(d) When they found a small shed
4. Whose point of view does the author use to describe the battle?
(b) Queen Lucy's
(c) The Hermit's
(d) Prince Rabadash's
5. What is Shasta told to do?
(a) Wait in the garden
(b) Clean out the goat pen
(c) Sit down and eat some food
(d) Keep running straight ahead
Short Answer Questions
1. What landmark did Shasta use to guide them through the desert?
2. How does Aravis react to Bree?
3. How does the prince plan to keep King Peter from bringing an army to Tashbaan to rescue his sister?
4. Why are the eagles circling overhead?
5. Who is the first animal Shasta meets in Narnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
2. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
3. Why does the Hermit say that Prince Rabadash should have called off the attack?
4. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
5. Why doesn't Shasta yell at Bree to gallop faster?
6. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
7. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
8. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
9. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
10. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)