|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice did the Hermit give to Bree?
(a) To apologize to Shasta and the others
(b) To start living up to his great reputation
(c) To realize that he's nobody special in Narnia
(d) To always finish what he sets out to do
2. Why is Bree so ashamed of himself?
(a) Because Bree couldn't finish the mission
(b) Because Bree had been a slave for years
(c) Because Bree took too long traveling
(d) Because Shasta acted more bravely
3. What does Prince Cor ask Aravis to do?
(a) Marry him when they get older
(b) To come and meet the dwarves
(c) Tell King Lune about their travels
(d) Come live with him at Anvard
4. Why is Aravis disappointed when the prince leaves the room?
(a) She thought the prince was very handsome.
(b) The other men remain and she can't move yet.
(c) The prince isn't as clever as she thought he was.
(d) She realizes she'll never marry Ahoshta.
5. What marks the southern boundary of Archenland?
(a) The edge of the desert
(b) The Winding Arrow River
(c) The peak of Mount Pire
(d) A ridge of tall mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prince Cor turn out to be?
2. Which of these phrases does Aravis use to describe Ahoshta?
3. Why couldn't Shasta walk across the desert?
4. Who is Thornbut?
5. What surprising thing does King Lune do when Corin introduces Shasta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
2. What is the advantage to the Tisroc if Prince Rabadash's plan succeeds?
3. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
4. How does the Hermit know about events that take place far away?
5. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
6. Why doesn't Shasta yell at Bree to gallop faster?
7. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
8. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
9. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
10. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)