|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shasta do when they are being chased?
(a) He turns and fires an arrow behind him.
(b) He tries to draw the Tarkaan's scimitar.
(c) He runs back to help Hwin and Aravis.
(d) He urges Bree to gallop faster.
2. Why don't Prince Cor and Aravis ride the horses to Anvard?
(a) They want to prolong the journey
(b) Because one doesn't ride a Talking Horse in Narnia or Arkenland
(c) It's only about half a mile away
(d) They no longer have saddles and bridles
3. What advice did the Hermit give to Bree?
(a) To always finish what he sets out to do
(b) To start living up to his great reputation
(c) To apologize to Shasta and the others
(d) To realize that he's nobody special in Narnia
4. Where, according to the Hedgehog, is High King Peter of Narnia?
(a) At his castle, Cair Paravel
(b) On the ship with his sister
(c) Visiting a foreign country
(d) Fighting giants in the North
5. What do the Calormen soldiers do when they see the Narnians?
(a) Run away immediately
(b) Continue battering the gate
(c) Fire arrows at the army
(d) Jump on their warhorses
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shasta see when he looks back towards Tashbaan?
2. What does the Prince want his father to do?
3. How does Aslan leave?
4. How does the Prince react to the Grand Vizier's advice?
5. What does Prince Cor ask Aravis to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
2. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
3. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
4. Why does the Hermit say that Prince Rabadash should have called off the attack?
5. What is the advantage to the Tisroc if Prince Rabadash's plan succeeds?
6. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
7. Why is Bree so sure that Prince Rabadash hasn't left for Archenland yet?
8. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
9. How does the Hermit know about events that take place far away?
10. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)