|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bree say that it means when Aslan is described as a lion?
(a) That he is actually a lion
(b) That he is large and yellow
(c) That he has a mane and whiskers
(d) That he is strong and fierce
2. What does the Hermit compare Aravis' wound to?
(a) Animal bites
(b) Mere scratches
(c) Knife wounds
(d) Whip marks
3. How does the author describe Prince Rabadash in this chapter?
4. The dwarves feed Shasta food he's never seen before. What is it?
(a) Fried kippers
(c) Buttered toast
(d) Cottage cheese
5. What does Aslan tell Aravis when she asks about her stepmother's slave?
(a) That she received a whipping for supposedly sleeping and not watching out for Aravis
(b) That she was sold to Queen Susan
(c) That she was freed for getting Aravis out of Tashban
(d) That she was going to come to Arkenland
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shasta hear behind him when he reaches the crossroads?
2. What does Aslan do when Shasta kneels?
3. What marks the southern boundary of Archenland?
4. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
5. How did Prince Cor fulfill the prophecy made at his birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
2. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
3. Why is Bree so sure that Prince Rabadash hasn't left for Archenland yet?
4. How does the author describe Aslan?
5. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
6. What does Shasta tell King Edmund?
7. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
8. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
9. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
10. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)