|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Lion chase Bree and Hwin on the night they met?
(a) To keep them separate
(b) To keep them from danger
(c) To force them together
(d) It was very hungry
2. How many men does the Prince propose taking to Narnia?
(a) Three hundred
(b) Two thousand
(c) Two hundred
(d) Five hundred
3. The Narnian army includes:
(a) Large wild cats
(b) Black and white cows
(c) Several talking mice
(d) A few Calormene soldiers
4. What does Lord Darrin compliment Shasta on?
(a) His stamina and speed in running
(b) His fine and noble contenance
(c) His ability to ride a horse
(d) His bravery for warning them
5. Before traveling into Narnia, Bree and Hwin decide to
(a) Spend the night at the Castle Anvard.
(b) Return to Calormen and pay for their freedom.
(c) Live with the Hermit for a few more weeks.
(d) Stay in Archenland for the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Shasta digs his heels into his horse's side?
2. Although King Lune scolds Corin, it's obvious that he really feels
3. Why is Bree so ashamed of himself?
4. What does Shasta feel while waiting to start approaching the castle?
5. How did Prince Cor fulfill the prophecy made at his birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long did it take for the companions to journey from the Tombs to the valley?
2. How does King Lune react to Shasta's news about Prince Rabadash's army?
3. How does the author describe Aslan?
4. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
5. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
6. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
7. Why doesn't Shasta yell at Bree to gallop faster?
8. How does the Prince Rabadash plan to gain Queen Susan's hand in marriage?
9. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
10. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)