|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shasta do after he eats breakfast with the dwarves?
(a) He goes to find his horse
(b) He falls fast asleep
(c) He heads back to the Hermit
(d) He starts off for Anvard
2. What pace does Bree suggest for their journey?
(a) Gallop for a night and a day
(b) Brisk trots and short walks
(c) Slow and steady, that's the trick
(d) As fast as the wind can blow
3. On the way to the castle, Bree
(a) Suddenly bolts and runs south
(b) Takes one final roll on the grass
(c) Nudges Shasta in the back with his nose
(d) Rears on his hind legs and neighs
4. What, according to the author, is often the reward of doing a good deed?
(a) Friends that love you dearly
(b) Having good luck for a year
(c) Getting an unfair punishment
(d) Being given a harder one to do
5. What does the Hermit compare Aravis' wound to?
(a) Whip marks
(b) Mere scratches
(c) Animal bites
(d) Knife wounds
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the horses finally stop for the night?
2. How did Prince Cor fulfill the prophecy made at his birth?
3. Why did the Lion chase Bree and Hwin on the night they met?
4. How does the Grand Vizier say the Narnians will react to the prince's plan?
5. What does Shasta do when they are being chased?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Lion do for Shasta when he was a baby?
2. Why does the Hermit say that Prince Rabadash should have called off the attack?
3. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
4. What is the strangest thing about the Hermit?
5. What does Prince Corin persuade Shasta to do?
6. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
7. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
8. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
9. How does Shasta convince himself that he didn't dream about the Lion?
10. How does the Hermit know about events that take place far away?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)