|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dwarves feed Shasta food he's never seen before. What is it?
(a) Fried kippers
(c) Cottage cheese
(d) Buttered toast
2. Where did the companions stop to rest during the day?
(a) Near a sand dune
(b) At an oasis in the desert
(c) In a shallow hollow
(d) In the shade of a large rock
3. What, according to the context of this chapter, is a punt?
(a) A small dam
(b) A fine horse
(c) A tiny boat
(d) A dark road
4. What does Queen Lucy say about Prince Corin and Shasta?
(a) That they should wait here with the dwarves
(b) That she's surprised they get along so well
(c) That they are as alike as twins
(d) That they will make twice as much mischief
5. What does the prince intend to do with his army?
(a) Seize the country of Archenland
(b) Lead a raid against the giants
(c) Conquer the land of Narnia
(d) Kill King Edmund at Cair Paravel
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the King react to Shasta?
2. The banner of the Narnian army consists of:
3. What happens to Thornbut?
4. What happens to Thornbut's armor?
5. How many men does the Prince propose taking to Narnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Hermit say that Prince Rabadash should have called off the attack?
2. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
3. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
4. What does Prince Corin persuade Shasta to do?
5. What do the companions realize when they see Prince Rabadash's army behind them?
6. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
7. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
8. What does the Centaur say about Prince Cor?
9. What does the lion do to Aravis?
10. Why is the Tisroc reluctant to send his army to Narnia?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)