|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Prince Corin's appearance?
(a) He is wearing a full set of armor.
(b) He is dressed as a Calormene slave girl.
(c) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
(d) He has a black eye and a missing tooth.
2. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
(a) By the sound of her voice
(b) By the sound of her hooves
(c) By her silhouette
(d) By the gear she was carrying
3. Why does Bree stop the other horse?
(a) He hears her talking and realizes she's a Narnian, too.
(b) He thinks she might be carrying some gold they can use on their journey.
(c) He recognizes her as his long-lost sister.
(d) He is afraid that her rider will alert the guards to their presence.
4. Lasaraleen's plan to help Aravis escape is to:
(a) Sneak her onto a merchant ship bound for Narnia.
(b) Let her through a water-door in the Tisroc's garden.
(c) Dress her as a slave and walk her out the main gates.
(d) Carry her out of the main gates on a litter.
5. What is the signal for the gates to open?
(a) A messenger arrives with word from the Tisroc
(b) A flag is raised from the Tisroc's palace
(c) Twenty guards appear at the gates
(d) Horns are blown right after the sun rises
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shasta feel about traveling with the two strangers?
2. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
3. Bree makes sure to start their journey by
4. What happens to Aravis after Shasta disappears?
5. Why does Aravis have to wait until the next night to leave the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
2. Why do Aravis and Lasaraleen have so much difficulty understanding each other?
3. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
4. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
5. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
6. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
7. What does Shasta do when Bree and Hwin show up?
8. Why is Aravis sad when she enters the gates of Tashbaan?
9. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
10. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)