|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most likely meaning for the phrase "the sun appeared dark in her eyes?"
(a) She was very tired.
(b) She was unhappy.
(c) She wanted to go inside.
(d) She was going blind.
2. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
(a) He was raised in the Tisroc's stables from birth.
(b) He was stolen from Narnia as a colt.
(c) He decided to seek his fortune as war.
(d) He was bought by the stranger in the south.
3. What is the name of the country where Shasta is living?
4. What is the Grand Vizier?
(a) Second in line to the throne
(b) A very rich merchant
(c) The Tisroc's most trusted advisor
(d) A general in the Tisroc's army
5. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
(a) He has five legs
(b) He doesn't like oats
(c) He has never been ridden
(d) He can talk
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Shasta laugh at Bree?
2. What disguise does Aravis wear in the Tisroc's palace?
3. What is unusual about Prince Corin's appearance?
4. What does Mr. Tumnus think has happened to Shasta?
5. What frightens Bree the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bree need Shasta's help?
2. Why does Shasta get jealous of Aravis?
3. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
4. What does Shasta find most different about the place where he awakens?
5. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
6. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
7. What does Shasta do when Bree and Hwin show up?
8. What are the Tombs of the Ancients?
9. How do the horses finally get away from the lions?
10. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)