|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Narnians make their plans, what does Mr. Tumnus do?
(a) He tells King Edmund that Shasta is a spy.
(b) He feeds Shasta a grand supper.
(c) He locks Shasta inside the room.
(d) He gives Shasta a new set of clothes.
2. Why did Hwin start talking?
(a) She was curious about Aravis's brother.
(b) She wanted Aravis's help to run away.
(c) She tried to stick up for Aravis to her father.
(d) In order to keep Aravis from killing herself.
3. Who keeps Shasta company during the night?
(a) The ghouls
(b) No one
(c) Bree and Hwin
(d) A large cat
4. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
(a) By the sound of her hooves
(b) By her silhouette
(c) By the gear she was carrying
(d) By the sound of her voice
5. What happens to Shasta in the city?
(a) He gets lost in the gardens of the Tisroc's palace.
(b) He is arrested for horse stealing by the guards.
(c) He gets into a fight with one of the Tisroc's slaves.
(d) He is mistaken for a prince by the Narnians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bree praises Aravis for
2. How do the Narnians plan to escape?
3. Who is riding the other horse?
4. What does the Raven Sallowpad tell King Edmund?
5. What disguise does Aravis wear in the Tisroc's palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difference between the Narnians and the high class Calormene lords and ladies in the street.
2. Why did Aravis run away from home?
3. How do the horses finally get away from the lions?
4. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
5. What are the Tombs of the Ancients?
6. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
7. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
8. What does Shasta find most different about the place where he awakens?
9. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
10. What do the guards notice about the companions when they are passing into the city?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)