|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
(a) How to mount a horse
(b) How to trot, canter, and gallop
(c) How to use the reins
(d) How to grip with his knees
2. Lasaraleen's plan to help Aravis escape is to:
(a) Sneak her onto a merchant ship bound for Narnia.
(b) Dress her as a slave and walk her out the main gates.
(c) Let her through a water-door in the Tisroc's garden.
(d) Carry her out of the main gates on a litter.
3. Why is Shasta sore when he wakes up?
(a) He fell onto a cactus while galloping.
(b) He was beaten by the fisherman.
(c) He isn't used to riding a horse.
(d) He sprained an ankle running.
4. How do Aravis and Lasaraleen know that the Tisroc is heading towards them?
(a) They recognize the Tisroc's face.
(b) They see two slaves walking backwards.
(c) They hear him shouting at a slave.
(d) They hear horns announcing his entrance.
5. What is a scimitar?
(a) A rank in the Calormene army
(b) A special kind of saddle
(c) A short, curved sword
(d) A head covering
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lasaraleen react to Aravis's situation?
2. After the Narnians make their plans, what does Mr. Tumnus do?
3. Who is Ahoshta Tarkaan?
4. Bree praises Aravis for
5. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King Lune react to the story of Prince Cor running at the Lion?
2. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
3. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
4. What, according to King Lune, does it mean to be a king?
5. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
6. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
7. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
8. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
9. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
10. What does the lion do to Aravis?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)