|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aravis have to wait until the next night to leave the city?
(a) Because the horses need to rest for a night
(b) Because Lasaraleen is going to a banquet tonight
(c) Because she doesn't have anything to wear yet
(d) Because her father isn't leaving until tomorrow
2. Who attends the council along with the Tisroc and Prince Rabadash?
(a) The Tisroc's wife
(b) The Tisroc's General
(c) The Grand Vizier
(d) Aravis's father
3. Why didn't Bree want to talk about the Calormen wars?
(a) Because he didn't like fighting at all
(b) Because he was wounded in one of them
(c) Because he fought as a dumb beast in them
(d) Because he had run away from one of the battles
4. Why does Bree stop the other horse?
(a) He is afraid that her rider will alert the guards to their presence.
(b) He thinks she might be carrying some gold they can use on their journey.
(c) He hears her talking and realizes she's a Narnian, too.
(d) He recognizes her as his long-lost sister.
5. Why does King Edmund scold Shasta?
(a) For smelling like he's slept in a stable
(b) For fighting with others in the street
(c) For keeping silent and hanging his head
(d) For ruining his clothes and shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tashbaan located?
2. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
3. What does Queen Susan want to do?
4. What is the last thing Prince Corin tells Shasta?
5. What does Bree ask Aravis to do once they have stopped to rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
2. Why does Shasta get jealous of Aravis?
3. Why do Aravis and Lasaraleen have so much difficulty understanding each other?
4. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
5. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
6. What do the guards notice about the companions when they are passing into the city?
7. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
8. Why did Aravis run away from home?
9. What does Aravis realize about Bree and Shasta after spending time with Lasaraleen?
10. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)