|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a scimitar?
(a) A rank in the Calormene army
(b) A special kind of saddle
(c) A short, curved sword
(d) A head covering
2. What is the signal for the gates to open?
(a) Horns are blown right after the sun rises
(b) A flag is raised from the Tisroc's palace
(c) Twenty guards appear at the gates
(d) A messenger arrives with word from the Tisroc
3. What does Shasta see beyond the river and gardens?
(a) A large delta and marshlands
(b) A vast army of Calormene soldiers
(c) The desert and distant mountains
(d) A road going off into the distance
4. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
(a) He says Shasta is almost as good as the Tarkaan.
(b) He says Shasta is a natural horseman.
(c) He asks Shasta to stop gripping so hard with his knees.
(d) He compares Shasta to a potato sack.
5. Which is the only traffic regulation in Tashbaan?
(a) Get out of the way of people who are more important than you are.
(b) Tolls must be paid to get in and out of the city gates.
(c) Watch out for where you are stepping and keep your feet clean.
(d) Horses and carts have to move to the left side of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aravis have to wait until the next night to leave the city?
2. How long does Shasta stay at the tombs before the others show up?
3. What does Shasta do when he is told to leave?
4. Lasaraleen's plan to help Aravis escape is to:
5. What is the Grand Vizier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
2. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
3. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
4. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
5. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
6. How do the horses finally get away from the lions?
7. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
8. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
9. What are the Tombs of the Ancients?
10. Why is Aravis sad when she enters the gates of Tashbaan?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)