|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aravis tell her father she wanted to do?
(a) Prepare for her marriage by spending three days in the woods.
(b) Visit her cousin in the city to buy clothes for the wedding.
(c) Go immediately to meet her new husband in the city.
(d) Travel south to a temple to sacrifice a lamb to the Gods.
2. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
(a) By the sound of her hooves
(b) By the gear she was carrying
(c) By her silhouette
(d) By the sound of her voice
3. What does Shasta imagine the Narnians are thinking about him?
(a) That they should have taken him with them
(b) That they've forgotten all about him
(c) That he would have made a good slave
(d) That he was a spy and a traitor
4. Why does Prince Corin get angry at Shasta?
(a) Shasta makes fun of his appearance.
(b) Shasta wants him to lie.
(c) Shasta threatens to call the others in.
(d) Shasta insults Queen Susan.
5. What does Queen Susan want to do?
(a) Get married to Prince Rabadash
(b) Throw a big party in the palace
(c) Stay another week so that she can shop
(d) Leave Tashbaan as soon as possible
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a scimitar?
2. Why doesn't Shasta tell the Narnians who he is?
3. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
4. How does Aravis get to Lasaraleen's house unseen?
5. Why did Hwin start talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
2. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
3. Why did Aravis run away from home?
4. Why does Shasta get jealous of Aravis?
5. Why does Bree need Shasta's help?
6. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
7. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
8. What does Aravis realize about Bree and Shasta after spending time with Lasaraleen?
9. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
10. Why do Aravis and Lasaraleen have so much difficulty understanding each other?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)