|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bree praises Aravis for
(a) Being so brave.
(b) Dressing like a boy.
(c) Telling her story well.
(d) Coming up with a good plan.
2. What is unusual about Prince Corin's appearance?
(a) He is dressed as a Calormene slave girl.
(b) He is wearing a full set of armor.
(c) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
(d) He has a black eye and a missing tooth.
3. What is a scimitar?
(a) A rank in the Calormene army
(b) A short, curved sword
(c) A special kind of saddle
(d) A head covering
4. Who is Ahoshta Tarkaan?
(a) An elderly man whom Aravis is supposed to marry
(b) Aravis's stepmother, who dislikes her intensely
(c) The brother who was killed in the wars
(d) A handmaiden in Aravis's house
5. What is the name of the fisherman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the council along with the Tisroc and Prince Rabadash?
2. What is the signal for the gates to open?
3. Aravis sent a letter to her father. Who supposedly wrote it?
4. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
5. What is the most likely meaning for the phrase "the sun appeared dark in her eyes?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Prince Rabadash plan to gain Queen Susan's hand in marriage?
2. What does Shasta tell himself as the battle starts?
3. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
4. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
5. What are the Tombs of the Ancients?
6. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
7. Why does King Lune refuse to let Prince Rabadash duel King Edmund?
8. What is Shasta tempted to do after he is left alone to rest?
9. Why does Bree have difficulty keeping pushing himself after reaching the valley?
10. What does Prince Corin persuade Shasta to do?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)