|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Shasta tell the Narnians who he is?
(a) He thinks that they will come up with another plan and not tell him.
(b) He's afraid that they'll kill him because he heard their plans.
(c) He realizes he can buy his freedom if he betrays them to the Tisroc.
(d) They won't want to leave if they realize that Corin is still missing.
2. What are the wild beasts that Shasta hears during the night?
3. What did Shasta find in the saddlebags?
(a) An important letter
(b) A pair of spurs
(c) Food and money
(d) A piece of jewelry
4. How does Lasaraleen react to the Tisroc's presence?
(a) She is pleased to see him.
(b) She runs up to him immediately.
(c) She is ashamed of Aravis.
(d) She is frightened.
5. Who comes up with the escape plan?
(a) Mr. Tumnus
(b) King Edmund
(c) Queen Susan
Short Answer Questions
1. Aravis sent a letter to her father. Who supposedly wrote it?
2. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
3. What is a scimitar?
4. Bree praises Aravis for
5. Why does the cat scratch Shasta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
2. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
3. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
4. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
5. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
6. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
7. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
8. What does Shasta do when Bree and Hwin show up?
9. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
10. What is Shasta tempted to do after he is left alone to rest?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)