|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Bree want to talk about the Calormen wars?
(a) Because he had run away from one of the battles
(b) Because he didn't like fighting at all
(c) Because he fought as a dumb beast in them
(d) Because he was wounded in one of them
2. What is the Grand Vizier?
(a) A general in the Tisroc's army
(b) The Tisroc's most trusted advisor
(c) Second in line to the throne
(d) A very rich merchant
3. Who is Mr. Tumnus?
(a) A faun
(b) A raven
(c) A dwarf
(d) A centaur
4. What does the Raven Sallowpad tell King Edmund?
(a) That Prince Rabadash is leaving the next day
(b) That the wall between the lands is crumbling
(c) There is a way for the Tisroc's army to cross the desert
(d) That the Tisroc's army is smaller than they thought
5. What happens to Shasta in the city?
(a) He is arrested for horse stealing by the guards.
(b) He gets into a fight with one of the Tisroc's slaves.
(c) He gets lost in the gardens of the Tisroc's palace.
(d) He is mistaken for a prince by the Narnians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is really leading the companions through the city?
2. Where do Aravis and Lasaraleen hide?
3. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
4. Before he met Bree, Shasta's riding was limited to
5. How do the Narnians plan to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the guards notice about the companions when they are passing into the city?
2. Why do Aravis and Lasaraleen have so much difficulty understanding each other?
3. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
4. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
5. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
6. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
7. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
8. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
9. Why did Aravis run away from home?
10. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)