|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hwin start talking?
(a) She wanted Aravis's help to run away.
(b) She was curious about Aravis's brother.
(c) She tried to stick up for Aravis to her father.
(d) In order to keep Aravis from killing herself.
2. What do the boys realize about each other?
(a) That they are friends.
(b) That they hate each other.
(c) That they are related.
(d) They should stay together.
3. What is the last thing Prince Corin tells Shasta?
(a) To stay hidden in the garden until morning.
(b) That he should stay and travel with the Narnians.
(c) That he will never make it across the desert.
(d) To find King Lune when Shasta reaches Archenland.
4. What causes the horses to gallop side-by-side?
(a) They recognize each other as friends.
(b) The road becomes narrower and narrower.
(c) They are both being chased by a lion.
(d) Their riders steer them together.
5. What does the Raven Sallowpad tell King Edmund?
(a) That the Tisroc's army is smaller than they thought
(b) That the wall between the lands is crumbling
(c) There is a way for the Tisroc's army to cross the desert
(d) That Prince Rabadash is leaving the next day
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tashbaan located?
2. What does Lasaraleen tell Aravis about her father?
3. What does Shasta fear when he sees the horses being led by a strange man?
4. Why does the cat scratch Shasta?
5. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
2. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
3. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
4. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
5. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
6. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
7. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
8. Why does Bree need Shasta's help?
9. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
10. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)