|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
(a) He has five legs
(b) He can talk
(c) He doesn't like oats
(d) He has never been ridden
2. What does Shasta fear when he sees the horses being led by a strange man?
(a) That Aravis was captured
(b) That Bree gave the plan away
(c) That Aravis is on her way
(d) That Aravis has betrayed him
3. What is the name of the country where Shasta is living?
4. Where did Aravis get the armor she was wearing?
(a) It belonged to her dead brother.
(b) She secretly had it made by a slave.
(c) She bought it in the nearest town.
(d) She stole it from her father's stores.
5. Why did Shasta laugh at Bree?
(a) Bree looked funny rolling on his back.
(b) Bree made a joke about the Calormene.
(c) Bree's face looked funny when he was scared.
(d) Shasta thought Bree's accent was humorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys realize about each other?
2. What is a scimitar?
3. Why didn't Bree want to talk about the Calormen wars?
4. How does Lasaraleen react to the Tisroc's presence?
5. What was Aravis's first reaction to her family's plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
2. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
3. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
4. Why doesn't Shasta yell at Bree to gallop faster?
5. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
6. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
7. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
8. What does the Tisroc say he'll do if the Prince's plan fails?
9. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
10. How do the horses finally get away from the lions?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)