Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lasaraleen's plan to help Aravis escape is to:
(a) Carry her out of the main gates on a litter.
(b) Sneak her onto a merchant ship bound for Narnia.
(c) Let her through a water-door in the Tisroc's garden.
(d) Dress her as a slave and walk her out the main gates.
2. Why does King Edmund scold Shasta?
(a) For fighting with others in the street
(b) For keeping silent and hanging his head
(c) For smelling like he's slept in a stable
(d) For ruining his clothes and shoes
3. How long does Shasta stay at the tombs before the others show up?
(a) Two days
(b) One night
(c) A night and a day
(d) Three days
4. What did the letter say?
(a) That Aravis needed more time at the temple
(b) That Aravis had been killed in an accident
(c) That Aravis was visiting her friend for a week
(d) That Aravis and Ahoshta were already married
5. What does Mr. Tumnus think has happened to Shasta?
(a) That he's become dazed from the sun
(b) That he was hit on the head by something
(c) That he ate too many sweets and got ill
(d) That he's been drinking too much wine
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he met Bree, Shasta's riding was limited to
2. What plan does Shasta finally come up with?
3. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
4. What is it that protects Narnia from the Tisroc's troops?
5. What is a Tarkaan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
2. How is Bree changed from the way he was at the beginning of the story?
3. Why did Aravis get angry with herself after awaking up?
4. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
5. Why did Aslan injure Aravis?
6. Why does Prince Corin get angry with Thornbut?
7. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
8. What decision does Shasta make after the Calormene army passes him?
9. What is the only thing Prince Cor wishes he knew about his kidnapping?
10. What does Aslan warn Rabadash to do before it is too late?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)