|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shasta find when he reaches the tombs?
(a) Bree and Hwin
(b) No one
(c) Prince Corin
2. Where did Aravis get the armor she was wearing?
(a) She bought it in the nearest town.
(b) It belonged to her dead brother.
(c) She stole it from her father's stores.
(d) She secretly had it made by a slave.
3. Why doesn't Shasta tell the Narnians who he is?
(a) He realizes he can buy his freedom if he betrays them to the Tisroc.
(b) They won't want to leave if they realize that Corin is still missing.
(c) He's afraid that they'll kill him because he heard their plans.
(d) He thinks that they will come up with another plan and not tell him.
4. What is the name of the fisherman?
5. Before he met Bree, Shasta's riding was limited to
(a) His imagination.
(b) A pony ride at the fair.
(c) Playing with his hobby horse.
(d) Occasional trips on the donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Shasta does when he wakes up in the morning?
2. How does Shasta feel about traveling with the two strangers?
3. How much does Arsheesh ask for Shasta?
4. What happens to Aravis after Shasta disappears?
5. What is it that protects Narnia from the Tisroc's troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
2. What does Shasta do when Bree and Hwin show up?
3. Why did Hwin reveal that she could talk to Aravis?
4. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
5. Why is Aravis sad when she enters the gates of Tashbaan?
6. What is Shasta tempted to do after he is left alone to rest?
7. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
8. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
9. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
10. What are the Tombs of the Ancients?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)