|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the signal for the gates to open?
(a) A flag is raised from the Tisroc's palace
(b) Twenty guards appear at the gates
(c) Horns are blown right after the sun rises
(d) A messenger arrives with word from the Tisroc
2. What does Shasta figure out about King Edmund and Queen Susan?
(a) That they are brother and sister
(b) That they are under a magical enchantment
(c) That they were born outside Narnia
(d) That they have been traveling for weeks
3. Who comes up with the escape plan?
(a) Mr. Tumnus
(b) King Edmund
(d) Queen Susan
4. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
(a) How to grip with his knees
(b) How to trot, canter, and gallop
(c) How to use the reins
(d) How to mount a horse
5. What did Aravis tell her father she wanted to do?
(a) Prepare for her marriage by spending three days in the woods.
(b) Visit her cousin in the city to buy clothes for the wedding.
(c) Go immediately to meet her new husband in the city.
(d) Travel south to a temple to sacrifice a lamb to the Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Narnians plan to escape?
2. Of the four companions, which two seem to get along the best?
3. What is the most likely meaning for the phrase "the sun appeared dark in her eyes?"
4. Who is Mr. Tumnus?
5. What does Shasta do when he is told to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shasta get jealous of Aravis?
2. What is Shasta tempted to do after he is left alone to rest?
3. What do the guards notice about the companions when they are passing into the city?
4. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
5. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
6. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
7. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
8. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
9. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
10. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)