|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shasta get breakfast?
(a) He raids a garden for fruit.
(b) He steals some bread from a baker.
(c) He kills a rabbit by the river.
(d) He catches a fish and cooks it.
2. What is the name of the fisherman?
3. How does Lasaraleen react to Aravis's situation?
(a) She treats the situation like a joke.
(b) She wants to reconcile Aravis and her father.
(c) She think that Aravis is smart to run away.
(d) She is afraid that Aravis will be killed.
4. What, according to Aravis, happened to the slave girl she drugged?
(a) She was sold to another family in the South.
(b) She woke up and betrayed Aravis to her stepmother.
(c) She stole away after Aravis left the house.
(d) The girl was probably beaten for sleeping late.
5. What does Mr. Tumnus think has happened to Shasta?
(a) That he ate too many sweets and got ill
(b) That he's become dazed from the sun
(c) That he's been drinking too much wine
(d) That he was hit on the head by something
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Narnians plan to escape?
2. Why does Hwin think that Aravis would be happy in Narnia?
3. What does Shasta see beyond the river and gardens?
4. What is a Tarkaan?
5. Of the four companions, which two seem to get along the best?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aravis realize about Bree and Shasta after spending time with Lasaraleen?
2. Why did Aravis run away from home?
3. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
4. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
5. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
6. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
7. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
8. Why does Bree need Shasta's help?
9. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
10. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)