|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a scimitar?
(a) A special kind of saddle
(b) A short, curved sword
(c) A head covering
(d) A rank in the Calormene army
2. What do the boys realize about each other?
(a) They should stay together.
(b) That they are friends.
(c) That they hate each other.
(d) That they are related.
3. Which is the only traffic regulation in Tashbaan?
(a) Horses and carts have to move to the left side of the road.
(b) Tolls must be paid to get in and out of the city gates.
(c) Watch out for where you are stepping and keep your feet clean.
(d) Get out of the way of people who are more important than you are.
4. What does Shasta do when he is told to leave?
(a) He goes for a swim.
(b) He goes to sleep in the barn.
(c) He listens in at the window.
(d) He runs away.
5. Who does Shasta find when he reaches the tombs?
(a) No one
(b) Prince Corin
(d) Bree and Hwin
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shasta sore when he wakes up?
2. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
3. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
4. How does Lasaraleen react to the Tisroc's presence?
5. What is a Tarkaan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Shasta tempted to do after he is left alone to rest?
2. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
3. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
4. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
5. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
6. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
7. Why did Hwin reveal that she could talk to Aravis?
8. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
9. Why does Shasta get jealous of Aravis?
10. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)