|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Shasta laugh at Bree?
(a) Bree made a joke about the Calormene.
(b) Shasta thought Bree's accent was humorous.
(c) Bree's face looked funny when he was scared.
(d) Bree looked funny rolling on his back.
2. What is a scimitar?
(a) A rank in the Calormene army
(b) A head covering
(c) A special kind of saddle
(d) A short, curved sword
3. Lasaraleen's plan to help Aravis escape is to:
(a) Sneak her onto a merchant ship bound for Narnia.
(b) Carry her out of the main gates on a litter.
(c) Let her through a water-door in the Tisroc's garden.
(d) Dress her as a slave and walk her out the main gates.
4. Where do Aravis and Lasaraleen hide?
(a) Under a bush in the Tisroc's garden
(b) Under a table in a dininig room
(c) Behind a sofa in an empty room
(d) Behind a curtain in the Tisroc's bedroom
5. What does Shasta figure out about King Edmund and Queen Susan?
(a) That they are under a magical enchantment
(b) That they were born outside Narnia
(c) That they are brother and sister
(d) That they have been traveling for weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Shasta does when he wakes up in the morning?
2. What does the narrator tell us about King Edmund and Queen Susan?
3. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
4. Why did Hwin start talking?
5. Why is Shasta sore when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Aravis and Lasaraleen have so much difficulty understanding each other?
2. What does Shasta find most different about the place where he awakens?
3. What plan does Mr. Tumnus come up with to escape the city?
4. Why did Hwin reveal that she could talk to Aravis?
5. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
6. Describe the difference between the Narnians and the high class Calormene lords and ladies in the street.
7. Why does Bree need Shasta's help?
8. Why doesn't Queen Susan want to marry Prince Rabadash any longer?
9. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
10. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)