|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attends the council along with the Tisroc and Prince Rabadash?
(a) The Tisroc's wife
(b) The Tisroc's General
(c) Aravis's father
(d) The Grand Vizier
2. What did Shasta find in the saddlebags?
(a) A pair of spurs
(b) An important letter
(c) A piece of jewelry
(d) Food and money
3. What plan does Shasta finally come up with?
(a) To go back into the city and look for the others
(b) To steal some melons and go on without the others
(c) To buy another horse to carry him North
(d) To go back and try to find the Narnians before they leave
4. Where did Aravis get the armor she was wearing?
(a) It belonged to her dead brother.
(b) She stole it from her father's stores.
(c) She secretly had it made by a slave.
(d) She bought it in the nearest town.
5. Who is Mr. Tumnus?
(a) A dwarf
(b) A centaur
(c) A faun
(d) A raven
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the letter say?
2. Who is riding the other horse?
3. Who keeps Shasta company during the night?
4. How much does Arsheesh ask for Shasta?
5. What is the name of the country where Shasta is living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
2. Why does Aravis jump up on Lasaraleen's litter?
3. Why is Shasta so interested in Sallowpad's description of the different ways across the desert?
4. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
5. How do the horses finally get away from the lions?
6. What does Aravis realize about Bree and Shasta after spending time with Lasaraleen?
7. Describe the difference between the Narnians and the high class Calormene lords and ladies in the street.
8. What does Shasta think may have happened to the others when they aren't at the tomb?
9. Why did Hwin reveal that she could talk to Aravis?
10. What does Shasta find most different about the place where he awakens?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)