|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the horses to gallop side-by-side?
(a) They are both being chased by a lion.
(b) The road becomes narrower and narrower.
(c) Their riders steer them together.
(d) They recognize each other as friends.
2. Why does Bree stop the other horse?
(a) He hears her talking and realizes she's a Narnian, too.
(b) He thinks she might be carrying some gold they can use on their journey.
(c) He is afraid that her rider will alert the guards to their presence.
(d) He recognizes her as his long-lost sister.
3. What is a Tarkaan?
(a) A large city or state
(b) A flowing silk coat
(c) A tent
(d) The Calormene title for Lord
4. What did Shasta find in the saddlebags?
(a) A pair of spurs
(b) An important letter
(c) A piece of jewelry
(d) Food and money
5. What do the boys realize about each other?
(a) That they are related.
(b) That they hate each other.
(c) They should stay together.
(d) That they are friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the country where Shasta is living?
2. Which is the only traffic regulation in Tashbaan?
3. What does Mr. Tumnus think has happened to Shasta?
4. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
5. What is the Grand Vizier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Aravis run away from home?
2. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
3. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
4. Why is Aravis sad when she enters the gates of Tashbaan?
5. How does Shasta recognize Mount Pire among all the other mountains?
6. Why did Hwin reveal that she could talk to Aravis?
7. Why do Aravis and Lasaraleen have so much difficulty understanding each other?
8. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
9. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
10. What does Shasta find most different about the place where he awakens?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)