|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Aravis, happened to the slave girl she drugged?
(a) She woke up and betrayed Aravis to her stepmother.
(b) She stole away after Aravis left the house.
(c) The girl was probably beaten for sleeping late.
(d) She was sold to another family in the South.
2. Why does Prince Corin get angry at Shasta?
(a) Shasta wants him to lie.
(b) Shasta insults Queen Susan.
(c) Shasta threatens to call the others in.
(d) Shasta makes fun of his appearance.
3. Why is Shasta sore when he wakes up?
(a) He isn't used to riding a horse.
(b) He was beaten by the fisherman.
(c) He sprained an ankle running.
(d) He fell onto a cactus while galloping.
4. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
(a) He says Shasta is a natural horseman.
(b) He says Shasta is almost as good as the Tarkaan.
(c) He compares Shasta to a potato sack.
(d) He asks Shasta to stop gripping so hard with his knees.
5. Where did Aravis get the armor she was wearing?
(a) She secretly had it made by a slave.
(b) She stole it from her father's stores.
(c) She bought it in the nearest town.
(d) It belonged to her dead brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes up with the escape plan?
2. Why do the wild animals run away?
3. Why doesn't Shasta tell the Narnians who he is?
4. How long does Shasta stay at the tombs before the others show up?
5. What did the letter say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
2. What is Shasta tempted to do after he is left alone to rest?
3. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
4. How does Lasaraleen react when she realizes that the Tisroc is walking towards them?
5. Describe the difference between the Narnians and the high class Calormene lords and ladies in the street.
6. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
7. What justification does Bree give for using the Tarkaan's money?
8. How do the companions plan to get through Tashbaan?
9. What are the Tombs of the Ancients?
10. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)