|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Aravis after Shasta disappears?
(a) She is arrested by the guards.
(b) She is accused of horse stealing.
(c) She is recognized by one of her friends.
(d) She is grabbed by her father's secretary.
2. What is a scimitar?
(a) A short, curved sword
(b) A head covering
(c) A special kind of saddle
(d) A rank in the Calormene army
3. Before he met Bree, Shasta's riding was limited to
(a) Occasional trips on the donkey.
(b) His imagination.
(c) A pony ride at the fair.
(d) Playing with his hobby horse.
4. Why does King Edmund scold Shasta?
(a) For smelling like he's slept in a stable
(b) For ruining his clothes and shoes
(c) For keeping silent and hanging his head
(d) For fighting with others in the street
5. What does Bree tell Shasta never to touch?
(a) The gold in the Tarkaan's bag
(b) The cinch on the saddle
(c) The reins to his bridle
(d) Bree's tail
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the horses to gallop side-by-side?
2. How does Shasta feel about traveling with the two strangers?
3. Why didn't Bree want to talk about the Calormen wars?
4. Why is Shasta sore when he wakes up?
5. Who is riding the other horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shasta agree to do with Bree?
2. What is Shasta tempted to do after he is left alone to rest?
3. Why did Prince Corin disappear the day before?
4. Describe the difference between the Narnians and the high class Calormene lords and ladies in the street.
5. Why does Bree need Shasta's help?
6. What does Shasta learn about himself from overhearing the Taarkaan and Arsheesh talking?
7. Why did Aravis run away from home?
8. How do the horses finally get away from the lions?
9. Why does Bree get worried about his habit of rolling in the grass?
10. Why is Shasta relieved to learn it?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)