|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the companions wakes up first in the valley?
2. What does Shasta do when they are being chased?
(a) He runs back to help Hwin and Aravis.
(b) He urges Bree to gallop faster.
(c) He tries to draw the Tarkaan's scimitar.
(d) He turns and fires an arrow behind him.
3. Why is Aravis disappointed when the prince leaves the room?
(a) The other men remain and she can't move yet.
(b) She thought the prince was very handsome.
(c) The prince isn't as clever as she thought he was.
(d) She realizes she'll never marry Ahoshta.
4. What does Prince Cor ask Aravis to do?
(a) Tell King Lune about their travels
(b) To come and meet the dwarves
(c) Come live with him at Anvard
(d) Marry him when they get older
5. When did the horses finally stop for the night?
(a) After Hwin collapsed
(b) When they reached a pool
(c) When they found a small shed
(d) When Shasta told them to
6. What did Shasta know about traveling across the desert?
(a) That the best route goes northwest, rather than north
(b) That they could avoid Prince Rabadash by traveling west
(c) That there's an oasis they can stop at, halfway across
(d) That it would take three whole days to cross the desert
7. What does Aslan tell Aravis when she asks about her stepmother's slave?
(a) That she was sold to Queen Susan
(b) That she was freed for getting Aravis out of Tashban
(c) That she received a whipping for supposedly sleeping and not watching out for Aravis
(d) That she was going to come to Arkenland
8. What does Shasta find in the glade?
(a) A hunting party
(b) A cloud of flies
(c) A small stream
(d) A pair of deer
9. What is the most notable thing that Prince Corin does in the battle?
(a) He seizes the Calormene flag.
(b) He captures a Tarkaan general.
(c) He kills an enemy soldier.
(d) He saves Shasta's life.
10. The banner of the Narnian army consists of:
(a) A white unicorn on a black background
(b) A red lion on a green background
(c) A yellow faun on a brown background
(d) A silver eagle on a blue background
11. What does Shasta see when he looks back towards Tashbaan?
(a) Three circling vultures
(b) Only the unbroken desert
(c) The spires of the city
(d) A smoky-looking cloud
12. Which of these phrases does Aravis use to describe Ahoshta?
(a) A stupid monkey-faced man
(b) A hideous groveling slave
(c) The man who got away
(d) The wisest man in Tashbaan
13. What does Hwin say to Aslan?
(a) That she is very afraid of Aslan.
(b) She tells Aslan to go away.
(c) That Aslan may eat her if he likes.
(d) She asks why Aslan acts so cruelly.
14. What does Hwin do when she realizes Rabadash has crossed the desert?
(a) She suggests they find a place to hide.
(b) She begins screaming in fear.
(c) She starts to gallop towards Anvard.
(d) She starts to cry with frustration.
15. Who is the first animal Shasta meets in Narnia?
(a) A large Mouse
(b) A Hedgehog
(c) A Beaver
(d) A Hoot Owl
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince react to the Grand Vizier's advice?
2. How many men does the Prince propose taking to Narnia?
3. How do Prince Cor and Aravis react when realize that they've both spoken to Aslan?
4. What does the Hermit compare Aravis' wound to?
5. How does the prince plan to keep King Peter from bringing an army to Tashbaan to rescue his sister?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)