|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the companions urges the most for speed after they reach the valley?
2. How did Prince Cor get to Calormen from Archenland?
(a) He hid away in a merchant caravan
(b) He was carried by an eagle
(c) He was sent by accident
(d) He was kidnapped by Lord Bar
3. How does the Tisroc react to his son's request?
(a) He promises to support his son.
(b) He scolds him for being a fool.
(c) He throws his son into a dungeon.
(d) He refuses to act so rashly.
4. What is Shasta told to do?
(a) Clean out the goat pen
(b) Wait in the garden
(c) Keep running straight ahead
(d) Sit down and eat some food
5. Who finally takes Shasta's news seriously?
(a) A couple of brown bears
(b) The Rabbit and the Hedgehog
(c) A falcon named Howard
(d) A dwarf named Duffle
6. What surprising thing does King Lune do when Corin introduces Shasta?
(a) He looks at Shasta and laughs.
(b) He turns white and faints.
(c) He slaps Corin in the face.
(d) He hugs and kisses Shasta.
7. Why did the Lion wound Aravis?
(a) He punished her for being disobedient.
(b) He wanted to frighten Hwin into running.
(c) He refuses to tell Shasta the reason.
(d) He dislikes all high class Calormenes.
8. What does the Lion call himself?
(b) No one special
9. Why did the Lion chase Bree and Hwin on the night they met?
(a) To keep them separate
(b) To force them together
(c) To keep them from danger
(d) It was very hungry
10. When did the horses finally stop for the night?
(a) When Shasta told them to
(b) When they reached a pool
(c) When they found a small shed
(d) After Hwin collapsed
11. How does the prince plan to keep King Peter from bringing an army to Tashbaan to rescue his sister?
(a) By hiding her in a palace very far to the south of Tashbaan.
(b) By burning Cair Paravel to the ground and killing all of King Peter's horses.
(c) By forging letters from her that say she's happy to stay in Calormen.
(d) By building a large wall at the northern edge of the desert.
12. What, according to the author, is often the reward of doing a good deed?
(a) Being given a harder one to do
(b) Getting an unfair punishment
(c) Friends that love you dearly
(d) Having good luck for a year
13. Shasta has trouble riding his horse because:
(a) He's more used to talking horses.
(b) The horse is still half-wild.
(c) He doesn't know how to use the reins.
(d) The horse is much taller than Bree.
14. What, according to the context of this chapter, is a punt?
(a) A small dam
(b) A fine horse
(c) A tiny boat
(d) A dark road
15. Where, according to the Hedgehog, is High King Peter of Narnia?
(a) Visiting a foreign country
(b) Fighting giants in the North
(c) At his castle, Cair Paravel
(d) On the ship with his sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first animal Shasta meets in Narnia?
2. How does Aravis react to Bree?
3. What happens to the Lion's footprint?
4. What did Shasta know about traveling across the desert?
5. How does the Prince react to the Grand Vizier's advice?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)