|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Prince Corin's appearance?
(a) He has a black eye and a missing tooth.
(b) He is dressed as a Calormene slave girl.
(c) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
(d) He is wearing a full set of armor.
2. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
(a) By the sound of her hooves
(b) By the gear she was carrying
(c) By her silhouette
(d) By the sound of her voice
3. Who comes up with the escape plan?
(a) King Edmund
(c) Mr. Tumnus
(d) Queen Susan
4. Which is the only traffic regulation in Tashbaan?
(a) Horses and carts have to move to the left side of the road.
(b) Get out of the way of people who are more important than you are.
(c) Watch out for where you are stepping and keep your feet clean.
(d) Tolls must be paid to get in and out of the city gates.
5. How does Aravis get to Lasaraleen's house unseen?
(a) Lasaraleen has her get into a large wicker basket.
(b) She waits until nightfall, then sneaks in the back.
(c) She is carried inside a litter with the curtains closed.
(d) She leads the horses to the stables, dressed as a slave.
6. What is the first thing Shasta does when he wakes up in the morning?
(a) He walks all the way around the Tombs.
(b) He goes to find something to eat.
(c) He makes a line pointing to Mount Pire.
(d) He looks for a place to take shelter.
7. What did Aravis tell her father she wanted to do?
(a) Travel south to a temple to sacrifice a lamb to the Gods.
(b) Prepare for her marriage by spending three days in the woods.
(c) Visit her cousin in the city to buy clothes for the wedding.
(d) Go immediately to meet her new husband in the city.
8. Why did Hwin start talking?
(a) In order to keep Aravis from killing herself.
(b) She wanted Aravis's help to run away.
(c) She was curious about Aravis's brother.
(d) She tried to stick up for Aravis to her father.
9. What is the name of the country where Shasta is living?
10. What is the name of the fisherman?
11. What does Queen Susan want to do?
(a) Throw a big party in the palace
(b) Get married to Prince Rabadash
(c) Leave Tashbaan as soon as possible
(d) Stay another week so that she can shop
12. What does Shasta figure out about King Edmund and Queen Susan?
(a) That they were born outside Narnia
(b) That they are brother and sister
(c) That they are under a magical enchantment
(d) That they have been traveling for weeks
13. Who is riding the other horse?
(a) A young Tarkaan on his way to the city
(b) Bree's master with the crimson beard
(c) Another slave who is running away
(d) A girl dressed in boy's armor
14. What is the last thing Prince Corin tells Shasta?
(a) To find King Lune when Shasta reaches Archenland.
(b) That he should stay and travel with the Narnians.
(c) That he will never make it across the desert.
(d) To stay hidden in the garden until morning.
15. What, according to Aravis, happened to the slave girl she drugged?
(a) The girl was probably beaten for sleeping late.
(b) She woke up and betrayed Aravis to her stepmother.
(c) She stole away after Aravis left the house.
(d) She was sold to another family in the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Aravis's first reaction to her family's plans?
2. Who is Ahoshta Tarkaan?
3. How does Shasta get breakfast?
4. How do the Narnians plan to escape?
5. How does Lasaraleen react to the Tisroc's presence?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)