|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Grand Vizier?
(a) The Tisroc's most trusted advisor
(b) A very rich merchant
(c) A general in the Tisroc's army
(d) Second in line to the throne
2. Before he met Bree, Shasta's riding was limited to
(a) A pony ride at the fair.
(b) His imagination.
(c) Occasional trips on the donkey.
(d) Playing with his hobby horse.
3. What is a Tarkaan?
(a) A large city or state
(b) The Calormene title for Lord
(c) A flowing silk coat
(d) A tent
4. Why does King Edmund scold Shasta?
(a) For smelling like he's slept in a stable
(b) For fighting with others in the street
(c) For ruining his clothes and shoes
(d) For keeping silent and hanging his head
5. Lasaraleen's plan to help Aravis escape is to:
(a) Sneak her onto a merchant ship bound for Narnia.
(b) Dress her as a slave and walk her out the main gates.
(c) Let her through a water-door in the Tisroc's garden.
(d) Carry her out of the main gates on a litter.
6. What is the signal for the gates to open?
(a) A flag is raised from the Tisroc's palace
(b) Twenty guards appear at the gates
(c) A messenger arrives with word from the Tisroc
(d) Horns are blown right after the sun rises
7. What disguise does Aravis wear in the Tisroc's palace?
(a) She is wearing her brother's armor.
(b) She is dressed as a slave girl.
(c) She wears the Grand Vizier's robes.
(d) She is covered in rags and dirt.
8. What is the name of the country where Shasta is living?
9. What frightens Bree the most?
(a) The sight of a Calormene guard
(b) The sound of a lion roaring
(c) Having to swim across the river
(d) That Shasta might be killed
10. What do the boys realize about each other?
(a) That they hate each other.
(b) They should stay together.
(c) That they are related.
(d) That they are friends.
11. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
(a) He was bought by the stranger in the south.
(b) He was raised in the Tisroc's stables from birth.
(c) He was stolen from Narnia as a colt.
(d) He decided to seek his fortune as war.
12. Bree makes sure to start their journey by
(a) Heading north immediately.
(b) Having Shasta steal some nice-looking clothes.
(c) Leaving footmarks that show them heading south.
(d) Making sure they have provisions.
13. Who is Mr. Tumnus?
(a) A centaur
(b) A raven
(c) A faun
(d) A dwarf
14. How does Lasaraleen react to the Tisroc's presence?
(a) She runs up to him immediately.
(b) She is ashamed of Aravis.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is pleased to see him.
15. What, according to Aravis, happened to the slave girl she drugged?
(a) She woke up and betrayed Aravis to her stepmother.
(b) The girl was probably beaten for sleeping late.
(c) She stole away after Aravis left the house.
(d) She was sold to another family in the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shasta get breakfast?
2. What did the letter say?
3. What is it that protects Narnia from the Tisroc's troops?
4. What happens to Shasta in the city?
5. What plan does Shasta finally come up with?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)