|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the horses to gallop side-by-side?
(a) They recognize each other as friends.
(b) The road becomes narrower and narrower.
(c) They are both being chased by a lion.
(d) Their riders steer them together.
2. What is the name of the fisherman?
3. What plan does Shasta finally come up with?
(a) To go back and try to find the Narnians before they leave
(b) To buy another horse to carry him North
(c) To go back into the city and look for the others
(d) To steal some melons and go on without the others
4. What does Mr. Tumnus think has happened to Shasta?
(a) That he was hit on the head by something
(b) That he's become dazed from the sun
(c) That he ate too many sweets and got ill
(d) That he's been drinking too much wine
5. What is the most likely meaning for the phrase "the sun appeared dark in her eyes?"
(a) She was going blind.
(b) She was unhappy.
(c) She wanted to go inside.
(d) She was very tired.
6. Why didn't Bree want to talk about the Calormen wars?
(a) Because he didn't like fighting at all
(b) Because he had run away from one of the battles
(c) Because he was wounded in one of them
(d) Because he fought as a dumb beast in them
7. How does Prince Corin return?
(a) He sneaks in through the door.
(b) Mr. Tumnus brings him from the garden.
(c) He climbs in through the window.
(d) He is brought back by two guards.
8. How does Lasaraleen react to the Tisroc's presence?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She runs up to him immediately.
(c) She is ashamed of Aravis.
(d) She is pleased to see him.
9. What was Aravis's first reaction to her family's plans?
(a) She wept for an entire day.
(b) She tried to reason with her father.
(c) She ran away from home.
(d) She tried to kill herself.
10. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
(a) By the sound of her hooves
(b) By the sound of her voice
(c) By her silhouette
(d) By the gear she was carrying
11. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
(a) How to mount a horse
(b) How to grip with his knees
(c) How to trot, canter, and gallop
(d) How to use the reins
12. Which is the only traffic regulation in Tashbaan?
(a) Horses and carts have to move to the left side of the road.
(b) Get out of the way of people who are more important than you are.
(c) Watch out for where you are stepping and keep your feet clean.
(d) Tolls must be paid to get in and out of the city gates.
13. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
(a) He compares Shasta to a potato sack.
(b) He says Shasta is almost as good as the Tarkaan.
(c) He says Shasta is a natural horseman.
(d) He asks Shasta to stop gripping so hard with his knees.
14. Who does Shasta find when he reaches the tombs?
(a) No one
(b) Bree and Hwin
(c) Prince Corin
15. Why does King Edmund scold Shasta?
(a) For ruining his clothes and shoes
(b) For keeping silent and hanging his head
(c) For smelling like he's slept in a stable
(d) For fighting with others in the street
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Prince Corin's appearance?
2. What is the Grand Vizier?
3. Why does Aravis have to wait until the next night to leave the city?
4. What are the wild beasts that Shasta hears during the night?
5. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)