|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shasta get breakfast?
(a) He steals some bread from a baker.
(b) He kills a rabbit by the river.
(c) He catches a fish and cooks it.
(d) He raids a garden for fruit.
2. What did Shasta find in the saddlebags?
(a) A pair of spurs
(b) A piece of jewelry
(c) An important letter
(d) Food and money
3. Why does Aravis have to wait until the next night to leave the city?
(a) Because Lasaraleen is going to a banquet tonight
(b) Because her father isn't leaving until tomorrow
(c) Because she doesn't have anything to wear yet
(d) Because the horses need to rest for a night
4. Bree makes sure to start their journey by
(a) Heading north immediately.
(b) Leaving footmarks that show them heading south.
(c) Having Shasta steal some nice-looking clothes.
(d) Making sure they have provisions.
5. How does Prince Corin return?
(a) Mr. Tumnus brings him from the garden.
(b) He sneaks in through the door.
(c) He is brought back by two guards.
(d) He climbs in through the window.
6. What is the most likely meaning for the phrase "the sun appeared dark in her eyes?"
(a) She was very tired.
(b) She was going blind.
(c) She wanted to go inside.
(d) She was unhappy.
7. What is a Tarkaan?
(a) The Calormene title for Lord
(b) A large city or state
(c) A flowing silk coat
(d) A tent
8. Who is riding the other horse?
(a) Another slave who is running away
(b) A young Tarkaan on his way to the city
(c) A girl dressed in boy's armor
(d) Bree's master with the crimson beard
9. How does Lasaraleen react to the Tisroc's presence?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is pleased to see him.
(c) She is ashamed of Aravis.
(d) She runs up to him immediately.
10. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
(a) He was stolen from Narnia as a colt.
(b) He decided to seek his fortune as war.
(c) He was bought by the stranger in the south.
(d) He was raised in the Tisroc's stables from birth.
11. What is it that protects Narnia from the Tisroc's troops?
(a) The ocean
(b) A large desert
(d) An ancient wall
12. How does Lasaraleen react to Aravis's situation?
(a) She wants to reconcile Aravis and her father.
(b) She treats the situation like a joke.
(c) She think that Aravis is smart to run away.
(d) She is afraid that Aravis will be killed.
13. What frightens Bree the most?
(a) The sound of a lion roaring
(b) That Shasta might be killed
(c) The sight of a Calormene guard
(d) Having to swim across the river
14. What does Bree ask Aravis to do once they have stopped to rest?
(a) To write a letter for him to his master
(b) To share her food with Shasta
(c) To buy some better clothes for Shasta
(d) To tell her story about running away
15. What are the wild beasts that Shasta hears during the night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
2. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
3. How do Aravis and Lasaraleen know that the Tisroc is heading towards them?
4. Where do Aravis and Lasaraleen hide?
5. What does Queen Susan want to do?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)