|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Hermit of the Southern March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Aravis and Lasaraleen know that the Tisroc is heading towards them?
(a) They hear him shouting at a slave.
(b) They see two slaves walking backwards.
(c) They hear horns announcing his entrance.
(d) They recognize the Tisroc's face.
2. Why does Aravis have to wait until the next night to leave the city?
(a) Because the horses need to rest for a night
(b) Because she doesn't have anything to wear yet
(c) Because her father isn't leaving until tomorrow
(d) Because Lasaraleen is going to a banquet tonight
3. What is Shasta told to do?
(a) Wait in the garden
(b) Keep running straight ahead
(c) Clean out the goat pen
(d) Sit down and eat some food
4. How does Lasaraleen react after the Tisroc leaves?
(a) She finds the Tisroc's attitude disgusting.
(b) She wants Aravis to help her warn the Prince.
(c) She is determined to help Aravis escape that night.
(d) She wants to go back to her house immediately.
5. How does the prince plan to keep King Peter from bringing an army to Tashbaan to rescue his sister?
(a) By forging letters from her that say she's happy to stay in Calormen.
(b) By hiding her in a palace very far to the south of Tashbaan.
(c) By burning Cair Paravel to the ground and killing all of King Peter's horses.
(d) By building a large wall at the northern edge of the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Shasta stay at the tombs before the others show up?
2. What is the Grand Vizier?
3. What does Shasta fear when he sees the horses being led by a strange man?
4. What does the Prince want his father to do?
5. Who comes up with the escape plan?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)