|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, At the Gates of Tashbaan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the horses to gallop side-by-side?
(a) The road becomes narrower and narrower.
(b) They recognize each other as friends.
(c) Their riders steer them together.
(d) They are both being chased by a lion.
2. What is the most likely meaning for the phrase "the sun appeared dark in her eyes?"
(a) She was going blind.
(b) She was unhappy.
(c) She was very tired.
(d) She wanted to go inside.
3. What is a scimitar?
(a) A short, curved sword
(b) A special kind of saddle
(c) A rank in the Calormene army
(d) A head covering
4. What does Shasta do when he is told to leave?
(a) He goes for a swim.
(b) He listens in at the window.
(c) He goes to sleep in the barn.
(d) He runs away.
5. Why does Bree stop the other horse?
(a) He recognizes her as his long-lost sister.
(b) He is afraid that her rider will alert the guards to their presence.
(c) He thinks she might be carrying some gold they can use on their journey.
(d) He hears her talking and realizes she's a Narnian, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aravis tell her father she wanted to do?
2. What did Shasta find in the saddlebags?
3. Why is Shasta sore when he wakes up?
4. What, according to Aravis, happened to the slave girl she drugged?
5. What is a Tarkaan?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)