|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, At the Gates of Tashbaan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aravis tell her father she wanted to do?
(a) Go immediately to meet her new husband in the city.
(b) Prepare for her marriage by spending three days in the woods.
(c) Travel south to a temple to sacrifice a lamb to the Gods.
(d) Visit her cousin in the city to buy clothes for the wedding.
2. What is Bree's assessment of Shasta as a rider?
(a) He asks Shasta to stop gripping so hard with his knees.
(b) He says Shasta is a natural horseman.
(c) He compares Shasta to a potato sack.
(d) He says Shasta is almost as good as the Tarkaan.
3. Who is riding the other horse?
(a) A young Tarkaan on his way to the city
(b) Bree's master with the crimson beard
(c) Another slave who is running away
(d) A girl dressed in boy's armor
4. What is a Tarkaan?
(a) The Calormene title for Lord
(b) A flowing silk coat
(c) A tent
(d) A large city or state
5. Why did Shasta laugh at Bree?
(a) Bree made a joke about the Calormene.
(b) Bree looked funny rolling on his back.
(c) Bree's face looked funny when he was scared.
(d) Shasta thought Bree's accent was humorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bree praises Aravis for
2. What is the most likely meaning for the phrase "the sun appeared dark in her eyes?"
3. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
4. What did the letter say?
5. What causes the horses to gallop side-by-side?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)