|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, At the Gates of Tashbaan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hwin think that Aravis would be happy in Narnia?
(a) No maiden is forced to marry against her will.
(b) Nobody in Narnia ever fights in battles.
(c) All of the animals in Narnia know how to talk.
(d) There are plenty of fine clothes and food there.
2. How did Bree know that the mysterious horse following them was a fine blood mare?
(a) By the sound of her voice
(b) By her silhouette
(c) By the sound of her hooves
(d) By the gear she was carrying
3. What was Aravis's first reaction to her family's plans?
(a) She ran away from home.
(b) She wept for an entire day.
(c) She tried to kill herself.
(d) She tried to reason with her father.
4. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
(a) He was bought by the stranger in the south.
(b) He was raised in the Tisroc's stables from birth.
(c) He decided to seek his fortune as war.
(d) He was stolen from Narnia as a colt.
5. Before he met Bree, Shasta's riding was limited to
(a) A pony ride at the fair.
(b) Playing with his hobby horse.
(c) Occasional trips on the donkey.
(d) His imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bree stop the other horse?
2. Why did Hwin start talking?
3. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
4. What does Bree tell Shasta never to touch?
5. Why didn't Bree want to talk about the Calormen wars?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)