|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Prince Corin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys realize about each other?
(a) That they are friends.
(b) That they hate each other.
(c) They should stay together.
(d) That they are related.
2. What didn't Shasta learn about riding from Bree
(a) How to grip with his knees
(b) How to use the reins
(c) How to trot, canter, and gallop
(d) How to mount a horse
3. Why does Hwin think that Aravis would be happy in Narnia?
(a) All of the animals in Narnia know how to talk.
(b) No maiden is forced to marry against her will.
(c) Nobody in Narnia ever fights in battles.
(d) There are plenty of fine clothes and food there.
4. What happens to Shasta in the city?
(a) He is mistaken for a prince by the Narnians.
(b) He gets lost in the gardens of the Tisroc's palace.
(c) He gets into a fight with one of the Tisroc's slaves.
(d) He is arrested for horse stealing by the guards.
5. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
(a) He decided to seek his fortune as war.
(b) He was raised in the Tisroc's stables from birth.
(c) He was stolen from Narnia as a colt.
(d) He was bought by the stranger in the south.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Tarkaan?
2. What does Shasta do when he is told to leave?
3. Aravis sent a letter to her father. Who supposedly wrote it?
4. What was Aravis's first reaction to her family's plans?
5. What causes the horses to gallop side-by-side?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)