Chapter 1, How Shasta Set Out on his Travels
1. What is the name of the country where Shasta is living?
2. What does Shasta do when he is told to leave?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He goes for a swim.
(c) He goes to sleep in the barn.
(d) He listens in at the window.
3. What does Shasta find so surprising about Bree?
(a) He has five legs
(b) He has never been ridden
(c) He doesn't like oats
(d) He can talk
4. How did Bree end up as a warhorse?
(a) He was raised in the Tisroc's stables from birth.
(b) He was bought by the stranger in the south.
(c) He was stolen from Narnia as a colt.
(d) He decided to seek his fortune as war.
5. What is the name of the fisherman?
6. What is a scimitar?
(a) A rank in the Calormene army
(b) A special kind of saddle
(c) A head covering
(d) A short, curved sword
7. What is a Tarkaan?
(a) A large city or state
(b) A flowing silk coat
(c) The Calormene title for Lord
(d) A tent
This section contains 5,839 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)