|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Last Encounter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Hornblower wonder concerning the court martial?
(a) If he will be assigned back to the Hotspur after it is reclaimed.
(b) If Meadows' career is ruined.
(c) If Bush will sit for court martial.
(d) How long it will take to be informed of the court martial's outcome through official channels.
2. What does Baddlestone ask of Hornblower immediately upon Hornblower's arrival on the Princess?
(a) If Hornblower would like dinner.
(b) Hornblower's warrant.
(c) If Hornblower needed to use the head.
(d) If Hornblower could climb the riggings.
3. On whom does Hornblower rely in managing the everyday activities of Hotspur?
4. What is the approximate age of Hotspur's new captain?
(a) Middle age.
(b) Very young.
(c) Close to 70.
5. Who is O'Shaughnessy?
(a) An alias for McCool.
(b) An Irish spy for the British navy.
(c) An alias for Yeats.
(d) No one of note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now where is the French fleet headed?
2. What does Meadows hope?
3. What might Hornblower end up doing?
4. Why does the Princess ride high in the water?
5. Why does Hornblower doubt the promise made to him?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)