|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Last Encounter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower find McCool to be?
(c) Calm, polite, and likable.
2. What does Hornblower order the men to do to the French brig?
(a) Sink it.
(b) Set it afire.
(d) Destroy it as much as possible.
3. What has Richard given Hornblower?
(a) A new suit coat.
(b) A box at the horse tracks.
(c) A young colt.
4. What is Hornblower's status aboard the Hotspur once Meadows' orders are read?
(a) On the same command level as Meadows.
(b) Second in command.
(c) A non-entity.
(d) Only able to issue an order in an emergency.
5. How does Bush react to Hornblower's teasing?
(a) With his own teasing.
(c) With umbrage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bargain does McCool strike with Hornblower?
2. What won't Meadows ever have again?
3. How do Hornblower's men send him off?
4. What does Hornblower say about conditions in Hotspur's assigned area?
5. What is Hornblower's ongoing flaw?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)