|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower's Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the secretary believe about the weighted packet?
(a) That it is not authentic.
(b) That it is not a ruse de guerre.
(c) That it is of Dutch rather than French origin.
(d) That it is authentic but of no special importance.
2. About what does Hornblower wonder concerning the court martial?
(a) If Meadows' career is ruined.
(b) If he will be assigned back to the Hotspur after it is reclaimed.
(c) How long it will take to be informed of the court martial's outcome through official channels.
(d) If Bush will sit for court martial.
3. What do the English do with the two long boats?
(a) Keep them moored to the Princess.
(b) Take them to the French brig.
(c) Board them an head for land.
(d) They are sunk.
4. Who will be assisting Calder?
(a) The Channel fleet.
(b) The 3rd Navy's fleet.
(c) No one.
(d) The fleet under the command of Cornwallis.
5. What does it seem Meadows has done?
(a) Nothing that any other captain wouldn't do.
(b) Ignored protocal.
(c) Deliberately ignore repeated warnings by Bush.
(d) Made a navigational mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the encounter with Villeneuve?
2. Where does Hornblower invite Meadows to receive the ship's papers?
3. How does Meadows seem to Hornblower?
4. Why does Baddlestone turn the papers over to Hornblower?
5. What does Baddlestone ask of Hornblower immediately upon Hornblower's arrival on the Princess?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)