|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower's Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be assisting Calder?
(a) The Channel fleet.
(b) No one.
(c) The 3rd Navy's fleet.
(d) The fleet under the command of Cornwallis.
2. What is positive about the cabin?
(a) It has a breeze wafting through it.
(b) It is large.
(c) It is private.
(d) It is exceedingly comfortable.
3. Why does Hornblower ask permission to talk to Bush?
(a) So Meadows will realize that Bush is an outstanding sailor.
(b) To ask Bush to have a sailor transfer Hornblower's baggage.
(c) Because Bush is busy.
(d) To be polite, though it's not required.
4. What does Sawyer call for immediately after talking with the lieutenant of the prize crew?
(a) For the Captain of the Epérance to be traded for Sawyer's son who is a prisoner at Ferrol.
(b) A court martial of McCool.
(c) For the Epérance to sail for England immediately.
(d) For the Captain of the Josephine to be traded for Sawyer's son who is a prisoner at Ferrol.
5. What do the men on the Princess do to the French men who board?
(a) Throw them overboard immediately.
(b) Strip them and then throw them overboard.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Capture them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who huddles below deck?
2. Why does the Princess ride high in the water?
3. What do the men confined below decks do?
4. What bothers Hornblower a little about his participation in the plan?
5. What does Hornblower ponder as he is riding in the Princess?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)