|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower's Temptation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank is Hornblower at the opening of the novel?
(d) Acting Admiral.
2. How does Hotspur get off being aground?
(a) Pulled off the sandbar by a French privateer.
(b) By the action of the rising tide.
(c) Pulled off the sandbar by a merchant vessel.
(d) Pulled off by another vessel in the Channel fleet.
3. What is the Hotspur blockading?
(a) A Dutch squadron.
(b) A Dutch merchant fleet.
(c) A French squadron.
(d) A French merchant fleet.
4. What does Hornblower suggest could be used from the document?
(a) That they could set up an ambush at the location mentioned.
(b) That the seal and signature could be copied and false orders created.
(c) That they could use Napoleon's signature to create a false treaty that would then be circulated.
(d) That they could use Josephine's signature to make Napoleon doubt her.
5. What is the result of the encounter with Villeneuve?
(a) Villeneuve has been totally routed.
(b) It is bungled and Villeneuve finds safe harbor.
(c) There is no word yet about the outcome.
(d) The English and French suffer about the same amount of casualties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baddlestone agree to Hornblower's plan?
2. What does Meadows call Baddlestone?
3. What is Calder's assignment?
4. Who is Calder?
5. What is Hornblower's opinion about Ireland?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)